"We're not going to panic"

Remove this Banner Ad

I just love how someone that has never been in a senior coaching position or in that enviromment of managing teams at any successful level is dishing out advise that Pyke could use help. I mean seriously dude!

You should ring Fages and tell him what he should be doing, I mean with all your qualifications how could he not listen.

i don't think I've advised pyke on anything? if so, please show me where? EDIT: re-read your post

and what are my qualifications? if you know me so well...
don't know why you're being such a spanker? you might as well go into the 'changes for xx game' and criticise everyone.

"...rather than just try and reach in and pull a rabbit out of the hat, it was more 'let's return to the way we've been playing and back our guys in'," Pyke said.

Must have missed all those masterful change of tactics. So did Pyke from what he said.

And no I don't want Roos at our club

Frustrating thing is that generally to win the premiership you have to pull a rabbit out of the hat at least in some form.

Your response is nonsensical. It in no way addresses, counters, or adds to what I posted. The idea of a cultural problem at the Crows is not an argument, it is a proposition. The argument, in part, is that repeated and consistent failure to perform under pressure by successive Crows squads over the last 22 years indicates a possible cultural problem at the Crows. It is one explanation, but certainly a deeper explanation than saying the Crows just happened to not put in the required effort on the night, again, and again and again, weird how it keeps happening?!?!

Why bother trying then. Lets just tell the coaches your proposition, they can go fair enough, makes sense, lets go on holiday. What you are doing is doing what some Port people do when they blame the 2007 GF on everything. I think your proposition is just to silly for words and is an insult to everyone at the club. In case you haven't noticed, winning a premiership isn't easy. Since 1990 only 11 clubs have won premierships, they aren't easy to win. Time to stop making up fanciful reasons and get with reality and look more in depth at actual reasons relating to the current squad.

Why bother trying then. Lets just tell the coaches your proposition, they can go fair enough, makes sense, lets go on holiday. What you are doing is doing what some Port people do when they blame the 2007 GF on everything. I think your proposition is just to silly for words and is an insult to everyone at the club. In case you haven't noticed, winning a premiership isn't easy. Since 1990 only 11 clubs have won premierships, they aren't easy to win. Time to stop making up fanciful reasons and get with reality and look more in depth at actual reasons relating to the current squad.

Well if 11 clubs have won the premiership since 1990 then it appears to be easier for some than it is for others. I wonder why that is? Anyway, you don't get it, it's ok.

I just love how someone that has never been in a senior coaching position or in that enviromment of managing teams at any successful level is dishing out advise that Pyke could use help. I mean seriously dude!

You should ring Fages and tell him what he should be doing, I mean with all your qualifications how could he not listen.
So tag Gaff coz he's killing is an outrageous move that only a senior coach could think of.

i don't think I've advised pyke on anything? if so, please show me where?
and what are my qualifications? if you know me so well...

I didnt say you did. You stated he could use help, I replied.

So tells us your qualifications oh chosen one, please enlighten us how you have come to the conclusion Pyke could use help.

Please list what you have noticed his shortcomings are from sitting on the couch at home, or are you sitting in the coaches box making the observation he could use help?

"...rather than just try and reach in and pull a rabbit out of the hat, it was more 'let's return to the way we've been playing and back our guys in'," Pyke said.

Must have missed all those masterful change of tactics. So did Pyke from what he said.

And no I don't want Roos at our club

For every big tactic their probably is a dozen little tactics that can be made that help achieve the goal of the big tactic. To assume he sat their twiddling his thumbs is silly. That statement would refer to him not changing up much like moving Tex to a lose man in defence or shifting Talia to full forward as a response to achieve the result. All coaches though would sit back after a loss like that having a few regrets but I seriously think he will be sitting back scratching his head in a 'WTF did I just watch?' moment more then anything else.

I didnt say you did. You stated he could use help, I replied.

So tells us your qualifications oh chosen one, please enlighten us how you have come to the conclusion Pyke could use help.

Please list what you have noticed his shortcomings are from sitting on the couch at home, or are you sitting in the coaches box making the observation he could use help?

meh. if you're going to be such a twat, i won't bother. you're right, i have no qualifications, but as i said, you might as well go to any old thread and have a sook that people suggest things. its a pity you're a passionateless 'supporter'.

So tag Gaff coz he's killing is an outrageous move that only a senior coach could think of.

Truly outrageous! Almost as outrageous as Tagging Selwood to shut down Geelong as so many sides gave us the template for!

Not sure what game you were watching last night but one bloke didnt win them the game. We had at least 15 blokes that were shite.
How do you think you're going to fix that Harry Potter?

For every big tactic their probably is a dozen little tactics that can be made that help achieve the goal of the big tactic. To assume he sat their twiddling his thumbs is silly. That statement would refer to him not changing up much like moving Tex to a lose man in defence or shifting Talia to full forward as a response to achieve the result. All coaches though would sit back after a loss like that having a few regrets but I seriously think he will be sitting back scratching his head in a 'WTF did I just watch?' moment more then anything else.

So come on then, you said there were so many tactical changes... tell us what they are!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure what game you were watching last night but one bloke didnt win them the game. We had at least 15 blokes that were shite.
How do you think you're going to fix that Harry Potter?
Oh I don't know, maybe change things up a bit

Well if 11 clubs have won the premiership since 1990 then it appears to be easier for some than it is for others. I wonder why that is? Anyway, you don't get it, it's ok.

WTF kind of argument is that? Easier for some? Your joking right? lol, just lol. Come back to me when you get a better grip on reality instead of your old fella.

meh. if you're going to be such a twat, i won't bother. you're right, i have no qualifications, but as i said, you might as well go to any old thread and have a sook that people suggest things. its a pity you're a passionateless 'supporter'.

We have a collection of twats that spit the dummy and think our problems can be fixed with waving the magic wand.

We have a collection of twats that spit the dummy and think our problems can be fixed with waving the magic wand.

How is dropping under performing player and adjusting the game plan as the opposition adjust to ours waving a magic wand? This isn't ******* magic.. it's football and it really isn't that hard.

So come on then, you said there were so many tactical changes... tell us what they are!

Hmmm. So by your assumption of not winning the game, we made no tactical changes (not that you could even tell me what one of our tactics are) and you failed to notice anything else during the game. So when someone comes on like me who suggests we would have tried a few, you demand to know what the tactics are from me because I am the one who has to know the crows game plan inside out for my version of events but your narrative can go unchecked. You do realise that unless either of us are in the inner sanctum its all just observation. You sit by your version of events that Pyke did nothing if that makes you feel better. Mostly makes you look stupid but by all means take that viewpoint if you so wish.

WTF kind of argument is that? Easier for some? Your joking right? lol, just lol. Come back to me when you get a better grip on reality instead of your old fella.

It is pretty simple. You picked an arbitrary date and then stated that only 11 sides have won the premiership since that date. There are more than 11 sides in the competition, so over 26 seasons some sides have won it more than others, therefore if they are able to win it multiple times then it must be easier for them. Over the last 15 seasons 7 sides have won premierships, 4 teams won 12 of those premierships, 4. They are successful, why are they successful?

Honestly I was just responded to what you said, you said it was hard, now I did say 22 years, but I meant 18, I don't know why I was thinking of 22 years. Anyway the Crows have had a lot of opportunity to contend for the premiership over the last 18 years to the point where simply saying that it is hard to do doesn't cut it, because looking at 4 teams winning 12 of the premierships since 2001, it doesn't seem too hard for them, and we are a team that has been in the finals a lot during that period, and we have failed every single time.

It is pretty simple. You picked an arbitrary date and then stated that only 11 sides have won the premiership since that date. There are more than 11 sides in the competition, so over 26 seasons some sides have won it more than others, therefore if they are able to win it multiple times then it must be easier for them. Over the last 15 seasons 7 sides have won premierships, 4 teams won 12 of those premierships, 4. They are successful, why are they successful?

Honestly I was just responded to what you said, you said it was hard, now I did say 22 years, but I meant 18, I don't know why I was thinking of 22 years. Anyway the Crows have had a lot of opportunity to contend for the premiership over the last 18 years to the point where simply saying that it is hard to do doesn't cut it, because looking at 4 teams winning 12 of the premierships since 2001, it doesn't seem too hard for them, and we are a team that has been in the finals a lot during that period, and we have failed every single time.

First year of the AFL, pretty arbitory? I stopped reading the rest because you know not what you say.

How is dropping under performing player and adjusting the game plan as the opposition adjust to ours waving a magic wand? This isn't ******* magic.. it's football and it really isn't that hard.

If it's not that hard why dont you have a head coaching position Einstein. I mean surely you could fix things in 5 minutes.
Seriously how bloody old are you. You carry on like you have some sort of magic potion and you post this rubbish.......it isnt that hard.

Fages dump Pyke and sign this bloke up.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back