Opinion We're On The Right Path

Remove this Banner Ad

I wouldn't back those clowns you call coaches. Stood 20 feet from them at the reserves . they have no idea

Ok....I remember sitting in front of Terry & the coaches at the granny we played in with Coburg. They didn't interfere with what was going on but watched the game and were fairly relaxed. Terry did make a call during one of the breaks & offered a little info though.....Otherwise they just observed the game & players......

I will always respect Hardwick for what he has achieved with us, it was no small task to turnover our list from 2010 with the expansion clubs and have us playing finals.

But it is clear to me that he has taken us as far as he can and change is needed if we are to progress. Especially whilst we still have a list that is in a good position age demographic wise.

He should coach out the season and we should currently be actively looking for replacements.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Watched the north saints game with friends, the saints play a bit like we did last year, but must faster. It's clear that Melbourne, St kilda, Carlton and GWS have gone passed us from last year. So I can really only see Brisbane as a team from last year that hasn't gone past us.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

It's ******* hilarious.

To think some actually believe it.... Gob smacked.

some actually still do, although only on this site they carry out the pretence that they believe we are on the right path,

Lids when asked when/if finals are out of play this year do we play the kids or continue with a "normal" team so to speak.

he said continue on (i.e. dont play the kids).

We have had games this year where we have played 6-10 guys under 50 games.... we are playing the kids. So we will continue to....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We have had games this year where we have played 6-10 guys under 50 games.... we are playing the kids. So we will continue to....
we have played 8 guys this year with less than 50 games. The most amount of juniors 18 - 21 we have played in one game this year is 5.
The 8 players are
Lennon 20yo 2 games.
Rioli 19yo 4gms
Townsend 22yo 3gms
Lambert 24yo 6gms
C Ellis 19yo 7gms
Menadue 19yo 7gms.
Short 20yo 3gms
Castagna 19yo 2gms.
They have collectively played 34 games out of a possible 56. Not all are kids Townsend and Lambert are mature recruits who are and should be expected to perform a role.

we have played 8 guys this year with less than 50 games. The most amount of juniors 18 - 21 we have played in one game this year is 5.
The 8 players are
Lennon 20yo 2 games.
Rioli 19yo 4gms
Townsend 22yo 3gms
Lambert 24yo 6gms
C Ellis 19yo 7gms
Menadue 19yo 7gms.
Short 20yo 3gms
Castagna 19yo 2gms.
They have collectively played 34 games out of a possible 56. Not all are kids Townsend and Lambert are mature recruits who are and should be expected to perform a role.

Yep, that's what I said. We are playing kids and blokes inexperienced at the level and still young. Lambert is the oldest and has probably had the most impact.... then injured. The number of young, inexperienced players have cost us games no doubt but we are at a point where they need to keep playing. Not sure who else should come in.... Lennon but he can't take a trick with his head knocks, illness.... McBean may get a go, Chol doesn't have the tank (and is on the rookie list), Elton could get a go instead of Chaplin but he is injured too and who else is close to ready?

We've had a crazy amount of midfielders getting injured between late Feb until now. Most games we've only had a couple of mids who are match fit to match the opposition. It's the reason we've tired out late in quarters and in the last quarter mainly and got smashed in middle. It's working out well though with Vlastuin getting his chance finally. May have taken another 2 years to happen otherwise.

DH has lost more games in the coaching box than he has won them, what I mean by that is he has been outcoached more times than he has outcoached the opposition ~ that means he is an average of poor coach

DH has been at the club for 7 years so he is solely responsible for the list whether he recruited them or not

DH has been handed an average list and over time he has managed to get it to where he has but now the list and himself are past their use by date, the fact that it's taken him 6 games this year to realize and wake up that the game has changed is a disgrace and we are effectively a season behind other clubs.

We are now doing what other clubs have been doing all off season how are you expected to catch up, it's no wonder the players are confused.

Do we sack him now, don't think so but we sack him end of year after he has played all the kids and allowed us to assess if they are worth keeping.

2016 season is GONE

DH has lost more games in the coaching box than he has won them, what I mean by that is he has been outcoached more times than he has outcoached the opposition ~ that means he is an average of poor coach

DH has been at the club for 7 years so he is solely responsible for the list whether he recruited them or not

DH has been handed an average list and over time he has managed to get it to where he has but now the list and himself are past their use by date, the fact that it's taken him 6 games this year to realize and wake up that the game has changed is a disgrace and we are effectively a season behind other clubs.

We are now doing what other clubs have been doing all off season how are you expected to catch up, it's no wonder the players are confused.

Do we sack him now, don't think so but we sack him end of year after he has played all the kids and allowed us to assess if they are worth keeping.

2016 season is GONE

what about over the last 4 years whats been his average ? got that stat handy ?

On s serious note. What happens if we are sitting 1-10 after losing to bummers..Does DH still keep his job.?
Losing to bummers has to be the lowest point for the club in DH tenure (7 years). Not sure how he survives that......

On s serious note. What happens if we are sitting 1-10 after losing to bummers..Does DH still keep his job.?
Losing to bummers has to be the lowest point for the club in DH tenure (7 years). Not sure how he survives that......

The trouble is pendulums don't swing to the middle ...we used to be a club with no stability and a penchant for sacking the coach regularly
Now the powers that be seem determined that the club will be stable even if it kills us.
So I doubt he will go this year, the only way he will go at the end of the year is if behind closed doors they can convince him it's in the best interests of the club if he left and that won't happen

The trouble is pendulums don't swing to the middle ...we used to be a club with no stability and a penchant for sacking the coach regularly
Now the powers that be seem determined that the club will be stable even if it kills us.
So I doubt he will go this year, the only way he will go at the end of the year is if behind closed doors they can convince him it's in the best interests of the club if he left and that won't happen

...however Deledio is in no mood for this s**t....I am backing lids all the way

I'm not sure if Dimma has taken us as far as he can go. He has been great developing our list and bringing in a group of coaches who are good teachers to work with the kids. What I am still dubious about is his game day coaching and strategy. I am watch with interest to see if he can redevelop his 'Hawthorn-style' game plan into something that will work in 2016. I'm giving him to the end of the year to see if I can see a new effective game plan.

Regardless being reactionary and sacking a coach half way through a season is always a poor strategy. If we do get rid of Dimma it should be at the end of the year and only if we have a better coach to replace him. I would be extremely disappointed if the club administration reacts to media and supporter pressure and make a emotive decision. The difference between our club now is that we are far more measured and planned. We need to make sure we do that with everything including our coach.

I still have faith Dimma will turn this around. We're not the media's puppets anymore so lets make an informed and planned decision with our coaches, list and coach either way.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back