Analysis Were our boys developed the wrong way early on?

Remove this Banner Ad

GC2015

Norm Smith Medallist
May 27, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast
I can't get over the comments from Gary on last weeks footy show where he alludes to Bluey not developing the boys the right way at the start. How many of us buy into this? How much did it really hurt us? How much will it hurt us in the future? Are there examples of a few of our guys that visibly didn't develop the way they should have?

I can't get over the comments from Gary on last weeks footy show where he alludes to Bluey not developing the boys the right way at the start. How many of us buy into this? How much did it really hurt us? How much will it hurt us in the future? Are there examples of a few of our guys that visibly didn't develop the way they should have?
Wasted debate - need to move on - can't change the past - need to work with where players are at now... I'm sure that's Rockets focus

What Mckenna and Blight have said this week is right. Ablett came from Geelong a team that trained at a very high level. He then went to the Suns with a whole bunch of 17 and 18 year old and Bluey needed to train them like 18 year olds to a premiership team. I understand why Gaz thinks they were trained the wrong way but alway understand why they were trained that way. People in Victoria think we keep banging on about Mckenna however when they keep asking about it to our players of course they are going to talk about it. Time to move on though media included.

you do wonder if only now they are starting to get hardened. I do recall Bluey saying through the years, they only did 50% of a real pre season, then about 70%, then 90% etc...While it sounds logical to ease such a young group into full fitness. We certainly didn't have as much injuries early on, but then again most of our injuries have typically been impact injuries, and not really soft tissue...

I dunno really, but you can't change it. As long as we keep moving forward

Remove this Banner Ad

Back