Autopsy Were the Brisbane v Geelong and Richmond v West Coast games the best two games of the season thus far?

Simple question.

I feel like they were, but I might be forgetting some real thrillers. Glad that matches that were actually hyped lived up to it, in any case.

(if I were to pick one that was better, I'd go the Richmond/West Coast one, but I do think they were both crackers)

Macpotata

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 22, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
hardy haha.jpg

PerthBoy86

Norm Smith Medallist
May 23, 2016
AFL Club
West Coast
Brisbane v Geelong was full of skill errors and even though we lost today I feel the West Coast v Richmond match was much more exciting.

Yeah score aside the Lions Cats game wasn't the most exciting. Result aside today was a cracking game, which I had the fortune or misfortune of seeing live.

Ps hope you having us being '19 premiers is because you know the future, rather than optimism/arrogance ;).

STFU Donnie

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 31, 2012
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Everton, Chiefs Kingdom
To paraphrase Paul Keating (referring to Malcolm Turnbull and the Liberal Party):

They are the cherries on top of a compost heap.

HAPPY BUDDHA

🤣🤣🤣
10k Posts
Oct 2, 2018
Scarborough
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
East Perth Royals
Yeah score aside the Lions Cats game wasn't the most exciting. Result aside today was a cracking game, which I had the fortune or misfortune of seeing live.
Agreed.
Ps hope you having us being '19 premiers is because you know the future, rather than optimism/arrogance ;).
I prefer to think of it as an educated guess.

M Malice

Hall of Famer
Aug 31, 2015
By the Gabba.
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Valleys. Chelsea.
I didn't watch the Tigers v Eagles game but I went to our game and while it was an intense edge of your seat game it wasn't the highest quality for skills although a lot of that came down to pressure around the ball. It was a great dress rehearsal for us seeing we haven't been in finals for so long.

Dr Awkward

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 23, 2009
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
San Antonio Spurs
The ending of the Brisbane game was epic but it was a very slow paced game. Would have been effected by the heat.
Are you serious? The game was frenetic, not slow at all.

I agree, probably the best two game of the season in terms of what was at stake and the intensity. Geelong really butchered it though and the quality of play was not so great in the last quarter of that one. I hope we get to see the Rich v WC match up again in September although I reckon WC would beat us in the dry

I think it's lazy to say that the Lions/Cats game was worse because of skill errors.

It certainly was the more defensive minded game, the pressure from both teams was high, both teams restricting the run and spread game. The final quarter it opened up a bit more with the corridor being used more often. Certainly wasn't slow-paced either.

The first half between Eagles/Tigers was more free-flowing, offensive minded. Second half, mostly due to the weather, slowed down and became a grind. There were plenty of skill errors but the weather is likely why.

Both games were an arm wrestle that could have gone either way, with the home team getting it done in the final minutes. Not much more you could ask for over both games. WC/Rich slightly better for me, less stress as well.

Aug 5, 2012
AFL Club
Richmond
I'm gonna go with the unbias route and say Richmond vs West Coast because of the high amount of 'out on the full' kicks in the Brisbane vs Geelong game, though it had a more entertaining ending.

Tigers v Eagles was electric in the first quarter. Second and third quarters were a slog as it started raining, and then the final 15-20 mins was 100% finals football and both teams went next level. Was a great game.

Back