Master post

Truckosaurus

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 19, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Additional Rules:
Trade Week - the Freagle Captain can recruit one Eagle in exchange for a packet of chips, but they have to do it within the first three rounds.

HeavenChat - discussion between dead/exiled players is quarantined from the thread in a PM group I'll establish after the first lynching.

Preseason Competition - consisting of a day where everyone can establish themselves and their characters prior to the first kill.

No Runners - no PMs between active competitors, all strategy talk conducted in thread.

Converting - if the Freagle Captain converts the Match Analyst or the Club Doctor, a new player will be picked to fill that role. A new player will not be picked to replace the Club Doctor if the power to save an attacked player has already been used.

ACTIVE ROLES:
Freagle Captain
- can convert an Eagle during Trade Week (see above).

Freagle - work it out, Einstein.

Match Analyst - the MA can ask the compere about any player to find out whether they're the Freagle or not, but only once per round. They have to find a way to convince people to follow their lead without being identified by the Freagles as the MA, or risk death!

Club Doctor - every night, after the Freagles have picked who to kill the Club Doctor will be given the opportunity to save them, but they can only use this power once. They can save it for themselves (assuming they aren't evicted) or use it to save someone else. After that, they'll have run out of panadol and caffeine tablets.

ACTIVE PLAYERS
ZergMinionScott Watters
Dazzler10Brett Jones
gueroChris Lewis
DoashueyJohn Gastev
BarrybranBen Cousins

DEAD PLAYERS
OMGFridgeRick "the Rock" Eagle
Smeg HeadAdrian Barich
ashley12Ash Smith - the Match Analyst
squashfaceTrevor Nisbett - the Freagle Recruit
MWPPJack Darling
CM9000Tom Hickey
OchreSmash Mouth dude
QuinzBarack Obama
RookiePickWally Matera
wing itMichael Braun
Carbine ChaosDavid Grace, QC

DEAD TO ME PLAYERS
avishka 5 - Abang

Last edited:
Quinzate has to be the next exile now

Same odds of being a Freagle as Hickey and they're equally dodgy in their posting I reckon. We've still got 4 votes left after tonights success, so we can afford to make sure of both in the next two days.

MWPP has Quinz above Hickey though in her rankings, so happy to go with her gut feel again tomorrow.

Night 4 - Hot Tub Death Machine
Night 4 - Hot Tub Death Machine

Jack Darling let out a sigh of pleasure as he sank his body into one of the hot tubs on das Lido Deck. He knew it was a luxury that a ninja warrior such as himself should reject, but they'd killed a Freagle today so he felt he'd earned it. He let his legs float up on the jet stream of bubbles. Soon enough, he was joined in the spa by two of his shipmates. "We sure got that Freagle good today, didn't we?" He said as a conversation starter. His shipmates both laughed and patted him on his shoulders. They left their hands there. "Oookay," said Darling, "I get this a lot. Look, I'm flattered but I'm married. However if you wanted to give me a handjob..." Darling waggled his eyebrows. The hands on his shoulders began to push down.

John Gastev had been visiting the hot tubs every morning to help unstiffen his old man muscles, so he was the one who found Darling floating facedown, his body rocked gently by the bubbles, his flesh pink from the heat.

-------------------------------------
MWPP a.k.a. Jack Darling is dead. Play on. I can't edit the table on my phone but this is definite.

Never knew his middle name was Mehoff. Weredocker can be educational!
You were feeling a bit unloved yesterday mate?

Today I'll tie my vote to Matera/RP, even if he votes for me. In fact, if he votes for me and then switches to another player I want my vote left on me. Why? Because blue and gold blood courses through my veins. I'd welcome death if my teammates deem it necessary to advance our cause. I'm not pompous enough to think that keeping me alive is more important than an eagles victory. Care to join me in this CM9000?

Last night's successful lynching only happened because I recognize that MWPP is way better at this game than I am.

Special mention to Dazzler for the running vote count, without which I may not have swapped my vote over after MWPP pointed out that Squashface was going to swap late to save himself.

MWPP had Quinz as next top suspect, with CM9000 jumping to 3rd after his postings yesterday. We have four days of votes before we're all dead again thanks to getting a win last night, so we have time to make sure on both. Making today a competition between both of them might be educational if they're not both Freagles.

You might think that Hickey may be in the clear after Nisbett turned out to be the convert, but that's the gamblers fallacy talking. Hickey had the same chance of being a starting Freagle as everyone else. I'd be totally unsurprised if he was the Alpha and converted Nisbett (again).

As such I'll kick things off by once again following Jack Darling's lead:

vote: Barack Obama

If it helps you all move to another train of thought then finish me off. But I'm not enough of a poor Freagle player to kill my main rival accusing me. That's straight up Freagle misdirection.

Anyway I might as well vote for Tom Hickey but if the lynching comes I'm ready.
I will take you up on your offer. I vote Obama.

I love this quote:
Would’ve been a bad move to convert myself or CM imo. Reading the room pregame would tell you that we aren’t going to last long so it would be a bit of a waste.

I’ll save you the trouble and say now that I’m not a Freagle and I can’t speak for CM but I doubt it’s him either.

It’s not CC. No way is a Freagle putting votes on himself day one when turfing him had been discussed pregame.

First couple of votes are a ‘shoot and hope’ type deal so I’ll once again go for a chaotic poster and vote Brett Jones
Attempts to divert attention from CM. And from CC...but I'm pretty sure now that CC is clean. I can't say the same for CM.

I love this quote:

Attempts to divert attention from CM. And from CC...but I'm pretty sure now that CC is clean. I can't say the same for CM.
I can understand why he would back CM even if he weren't Freagle as he was tied to him being the other winner from last game. So it makes sense to try and avert suspicion from them as a pair.
The CC quote is more damning. He may come into calculations if Obama and/or Hickey are lynched eagles.

+1 for the Doctor to announce themselves tonight. What if it’s Rick or Braun and they get lynched then we lose the Seer when Ash is inevitably killed?
Yeah it's clear now why you wanted to know who the doctor is you evil bastard. It was my suggestion for the doc to show himself and in hindsight it was a terrible idea. RP played it perfectly though - kudos mate.

Yeah a little. Fighting too hard to be the uninvested, busy villager he claims he is
But if they're both evil then it's the opposite way to last time- CM the recruit, and squash the original
Overall I still think the squash/Quinz duo are the most suspicious . Struggling on the third, but CM has risen into calculations for the third spot (previously I was thinking Daz or Doashuey)

The other two MWPP was suspicious of, though she did say she was struggling for the 3rd. Should punt Doashuey before Dazzler if we go that route. Both of them claiming going on holidays, but Dazzler has been on point since he returned from camping, and having camped in that area I can confirm that the phone reception was very spotty.

Doashuey's terrible finger point at RookiePick raises a lot of doubt on him even if his excuse for it is somewhat plausible.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Again tries to steer the convo away from Hickey, and towards known eagle Ochre:
Happy for the Seer power to be used on me today.

Once I’m cleared though we need some sort of game plan, obviously Smith will die again tonight followed by Darling tomorrow. I’m still not convinced that the Freagles will go the obvious route and recruit Hickey but after today we will have no Seer or Doctor so it’s probably the only evidence based option we have.

Ochre would be the next likely convert candidate for mine. Has the capacity to have good gameplay but can use the fact that he was trash last game as a cover for any suspicious things he does.
Indicates Cousins as a freagle target, which suggests the opposite:
That last line is why I think we are wasting our final Seer opportunity on me, if that is the route we take.

I’m happy for it to be me but if y’all are gonna lynch me later anyway then we may as well use it on someone else.

I have already noted Ochre as a good candidate and I don’t mind the Cousins argument.
Again a dig at Cousins, so he's likely an eagle.
I'm going to stick with Michael Braun for now. Happy to hear from him why his vote yesterday wasn't a bandwagon vote.

Truckosaurus
Interesting that you haven’t waited for Seer intel before voting

Yeah it's clear now why you wanted to know who the doctor is you evil bastard. It was my suggestion for the doc to show himself and in hindsight it was a terrible idea. RP played it perfectly though - kudos mate.

In hindsight they could have killed the doc before Ash and left us with some doubt that Ash was the seer for essentially the same amount of time as we had doubt anyway. If the doc had come forth and been murdered we would have been spared from the Smeg Head debacle too.

So your idea wasn't terrible given Ash did indeed turn out to be the seer.

Squashface will have mixed some truth into his lies as he did last game when he fingered the combination of Hickey and Brown. So let's not rule out anyone just yet.

Freagles are still favourites to win this unless two of Quinz, CM9000 and Doashuey are Freagles I reckon. We go through those three and come up with nothing it'll be just about fat lady singing time.

My current thinking is Quinny = villager. So that bias might be colouring my interpretation of this series of posts from squash.

Quickly follows MWPP (known villager at that stage) on the Quinny bandwagon:
I’ll go Obama

His post of “busy so give me a name and I’ll go there” is the same tactic I used when I was a Freagle last game.
Votes the same way the next day:
The pubs reopening was too much of a seductive mistress to turn down.

Head very hurty now but I think I’m sober enough to vote so I’ll be chucking another vote on Quinz today just because I think that leaving dangling threads unpulled in this game will come back to bite us eventually.

Big Trev votes for Obama
Responds to a question about his vote for Quinny from MWPP:
I wasn’t basing it off Ash’s dart, I just think he’s playing suspiciously.

I voted for him yesterday too
Another response to MWPP:
How am I trying to steer? I am voting for the same person I voted for yesterday
And again:
The timing of yesterday’s vote was because it was tied to me reading his suspicious post to the effect of “busy so give me someone to vote for” line which I didn’t like and nothing has changed since then which is why I have voted for him early today
Advocating voting out 'quiet posters'. Mentions Quinz and references CM but doesn't actually give his name:
Quinz has not been very active to the point where he has given his vote away to Ochre and one of the winners from last game has posted a grand total of 4 times
Again throws shade on Quinz. Defends CC, but CC's play was pretty much a bulletproof villager move so there wasn't much else he could say about it:
Echoing your thoughts that Carbine did it without being asked so tying a vote to a known villager is probably a villager move but Quinz being prompted is interesting. Zerg asked him to do it so that could be a pairing but I haven’t had any Freagle vibes from Zerg yet

Last edited:
I can understand why he would back CM even if he weren't Freagle as he was tied to him being the other winner from last game. So it makes sense to try and avert suspicion from them as a pair.
The CC quote is more damning. He may come into calculations if Obama and/or Hickey are lynched eagles.
Defending CM mate?

Carbine Chaos your thoughts on Doashuey's comment about you?

Squash threw nothing votes at Quinz but when someone threw a genuine vote at Quinz he knocked down their argument

Can you quote that post where he knocked down the argument? He's got his profile invisible so going through his postings is much harder.

In the meantime, switch my vote to Tom Hickey as everyone piling on Quinz will tell us nothing if he's an Eagle. I think that'll make it 2-2.

The other two MWPP was suspicious of, though she did say she was struggling for the 3rd. Should punt Doashuey before Dazzler if we go that route. Both of them claiming going on holidays, but Dazzler has been on point since he returned from camping, and having camped in that area I can confirm that the phone reception was very spotty.

Doashuey's terrible finger point at RookiePick raises a lot of doubt on him even if his excuse for it is somewhat plausible.
MWPP became suspicious of me when I threw my vote her way, based on Ash's infamous "I was told no" post, as I was rushing out the door to go camping. I switched votes to Rick the Rock once I dropped into Dwellingup town and had a chance to review the clarifications.

Regardless, my top suspects are also CM9000 and Quinz, with CC in third place. All 3 of them went with the "tie my vote to known villager XYZ", which I find suspect.

Also, the Freagles have made obvious moves all game - attacking Ash the seer, murdering known villagers, converting an immune player on day 1. As previous Freagle winners, it feels like CM and Quinz are sticking to the playbook. But maybe I'm reading too much into it.

MWPP became suspicious of me when I threw my vote her way, based on Ash's infamous "I was told no" post, as I was rushing out the door to go camping. I switched votes to Rick the Rock once I dropped into Dwellingup town and had a chance to review the clarifications.

Regardless, my top suspects are also CM9000 and Quinz, with CC in third place. All 3 of them went with the "tie my vote to known villager XYZ", which I find suspect.

Also, the Freagles have made obvious moves all game - attacking Ash the seer, murdering known villagers, converting an immune player on day 1. As previous Freagle winners, it feels like CM and Quinz are sticking to the playbook. But maybe I'm reading too much into it.

She's not here to clarify her reasoning, but she was still suspicious of you before CM9000 got heavily involved yesterday. Not saying she's right, but her gut feel is so much better than mine that it's not funny.

Quinz and CM9000 kind of had to the vote locking after I goaded them into it, though CM bailed immediately as soon as his vote was on him. He threw his vote on the only other guy who was a chance to go down, who happened to be a Freagle, which doesn't prove anything much thanks to how those two played it last game.

It's a real victory for KISS so far this game as far as obvious moves go :)

Defending CM mate?

Carbine Chaos your thoughts on Doashuey's comment about you?
What quote is he referring to?
I'm not sure how tying my vote very early in the day to a known innocent is suspect, and I never wavered from that commitment.

What quote is he referring to?

I'm not sure how tying my vote very early in the day to a known innocent is suspect, and I never wavered from that commitment.
Actually, your vote was tied with MWPP who voted for Nisbett, so I will revisit my thinking in your particular case.

However in general, tying your vote to a known villager gives off the impression of being on Team Villager, whereas in reality if the person to whom you are tying a vote is voting for a villager it can give you a free ride if you are a Freagle.

Actually, your vote was tied with MWPP who voted for Nisbett, so I will revisit my thinking in your particular case.

However in general, tying your vote to a known villager gives off the impression of being on Team Villager, whereas in reality if the person to whom you are tying a vote is voting for a villager it can give you a free ride if you are a Freagle.
Can we stop losing games through overanalysis? We just got rid of a Freagle through thinking of the obvious.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back