Master post

Truckosaurus

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 19, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Additional Rules:
Trade Week - the Freagle Captain can recruit one Eagle in exchange for a packet of chips, but they have to do it within the first three rounds.

HeavenChat - discussion between dead/exiled players is quarantined from the thread in a PM group I'll establish after the first lynching.

Preseason Competition - consisting of a day where everyone can establish themselves and their characters prior to the first kill.

No Runners - no PMs between active competitors, all strategy talk conducted in thread.

Converting - if the Freagle Captain converts the Match Analyst or the Club Doctor, a new player will be picked to fill that role. A new player will not be picked to replace the Club Doctor if the power to save an attacked player has already been used.

ACTIVE ROLES:
Freagle Captain
- can convert an Eagle during Trade Week (see above).

Freagle - work it out, Einstein.

Match Analyst - the MA can ask the compere about any player to find out whether they're the Freagle or not, but only once per round. They have to find a way to convince people to follow their lead without being identified by the Freagles as the MA, or risk death!

Club Doctor - every night, after the Freagles have picked who to kill the Club Doctor will be given the opportunity to save them, but they can only use this power once. They can save it for themselves (assuming they aren't evicted) or use it to save someone else. After that, they'll have run out of panadol and caffeine tablets.

ACTIVE PLAYERS
ZergMinionScott Watters
Dazzler10Brett Jones
gueroChris Lewis
DoashueyJohn Gastev
BarrybranBen Cousins

DEAD PLAYERS
OMGFridgeRick "the Rock" Eagle
Smeg HeadAdrian Barich
ashley12Ash Smith - the Match Analyst
squashfaceTrevor Nisbett - the Freagle Recruit
MWPPJack Darling
CM9000Tom Hickey
OchreSmash Mouth dude
QuinzBarack Obama
RookiePickWally Matera
wing itMichael Braun
Carbine ChaosDavid Grace, QC

DEAD TO ME PLAYERS
avishka 5 - Abang

Last edited:
I think you're putting too much stock into what squash posted. He's a clever clogs, see his Freagle game last time out, and is a master of misdirection that you seem to be reading into here
Yep you’re right, he is. But his misdirection would be aimed at hurting the eagles. Him saying you were 100% innocent was immediately after the conversion.
How was I supposed to know people would talk me out of Round One seppuku?
You weren’t. I gave reasons why you might have risked it, if you’re a freagle.
Why wouldn't I question my placement in a suspicious list? From my perspective there was no reason to place me in that category ahead of several posters in 'safer' categories.
Sure, I’m just pointing out that you were the only player that questioned your placement on the list. And you didn’t mention ‘several other players’, you only mentioned one.
The interaction with CM was entirely in line with the villager rubbish we've served up in the games thus far.
I can’t argue with that mate, we have been absolute trash. We can still turn it around though, we have time.

Some quotes I’ve gathered from the early years of this thread. As I said, I went back through this morning with fresh eyes to look for ties to squash, however tenuous. It’s worthwhile looking at reactions to posts as well - these can be as telling as posts themselves.

Apologies that this is a bit ‘stream of consciousness’.

Post-conversion, squash said that CC ‘definitely wouldn’t’ be a freagle because he voted for himself first up. Then, when we were doing ash’s ‘xx = villager’ plan, the player squash chooses to post is CC, so ‘David Grace QC = villager’. Is this the convert attempting to divert attention from a fellow freagle?

MWPP’s take on CC voting for himself:
I really respect MWPP’s opinion, as I’m sure you all do - she’s the only one of us that seems to have a clue about this game. So when she talks, we should all listen.

If CC is a freagle, my take on him voting for himself first up is that:
1. He said he’d do it pre game so he was locked in.
2. He hoped some of us would ‘talk him out of it’, which we did.
3. A little like squash leading the vote against Ricciardo last game, it looks good.
4. His crew had just converted a shiny new freagle, so there would be no net loss if it all went pear shaped.

wing it went hard at ash, saying his ‘state a villager’ plan was a freagle ploy to out the seer. We now know it definitely wasn’t that. Is wing it an overthinking eagle or a freagle targeting a villager that tried to galvanize the masses?

This post led to RP slapping a vote on wing it:

We then had wing it’s threat to disappear if voted out early which saw us all back off him

wing it goes hard at ash and MWPP. 2 dangerous eagles the freagles would love to nail early:

I gave him the 3rd option of Ash mis-typing, which proved to be correct.

On about the 3rd day I posted a list of all players, categorized into eagles, possible eagles and neutral to suspicious. CC was in the neutral to suspicious category and quizzed me as to why. He then asked

CC was the only player that asked about my list, and I did wonder at the time why he was so interested in it. I also wondered why he specifically asked about wing it. There were 4 other players in that category, so why highlight one? Was it to get a better understanding why I considered his freagle buddy less suspicious than him so he could improve?

The late interaction between CC and CM last night was unusual, too. If he’s a freagle, CC would have known CM is clean. Why convince him to join up and target Doashuey? Divide and conquer perhaps?

No smoking guns, but this is my current working hypothesis - CC and wing it are the remaining freagles.
Certainly, I went hard at Ash. I didn't like the plan and saw it as a possible decoy for a Freagle to hide behind. So fair cop on the 'overthinking Eagle' call. I think we can all be guilty on that one though.

Then there was the typo debacle. Surely anyone could understand why Jack Darling was a prime suspect at that point, I'm not apologising for suggesting that.

We are at the pointy end now and I am taking the obvious route of looking at any player that did not vote out Squashface. That includes me and that's fine. In your case Guero you actively gunned for CM9000 on the night that Squashface was taken out, and then today there was the vote-tying thing which at this stage of the game I see purely as a Freagle diversionary tactic. You have posted evidence of your reasoning for it (Kia Ora by the way, lovely looking spot, would live in NZ if I had to move anywhere) so I am happy to sleep on it.

Last edited:

Day 6 - Olympus Has Fallen
Day 6 - Olympus Has Fallen

Barack Obama's eyes narrowed - he wasn't used to winning these sorts of elections. The burly Secret Service monkeys surrounding him began to reach for their concealed firearms, but Obama stood them down with a wave of his hand. "Perhaps we can come to some sort of compromise," he tried as an opening gambit. Cousins threw a chair at him. "Fine! I'll show you my damn birth certificate!" Cousins threw Michael Braun at him.

The Eagles were beginning to worry that their failed attempts at lynching a Freagle could look a lot like murder to a dispassionate outsider, so they decided the give Obama's death an air of officialdom. Acting on the advice of David Grace, QC, the prisoner was given the opportunity to appeal to the governor for clemency. "Umm, denied?" Came the voice of Jeremy McGovern from Brett Jones' phone. Obama was offered a last cigarette, which he turned down because they didn't have his brand. He was marched onto the diving board that had been repurposed as a plank. Asked for his final words, former president Barack Obama offered this bit of wisdom: "Y'all are ****ed." Then, with the dignity that once befitted the office of the President of the United States of America, he turned his back on them and jumped into the tropical waters of the Arafura Sea. Barack Obama would go down in history as the only president to die by jellyfish, as the irukandji showed no more mercy to him than the Eagles had. But while the internet remained divided on whether or not Barack Obama was a lizard person, it was clear he was no Freagle.

------------------------------------------------
Quinz a.k.a. Barack Obama was not a Freagle. You have two more chances to find someone who is.

Trucko really deserved a day off after the last few.

You have no idea. I don't have co-workers stalking me, but work has still been quite tiring.

Trucko even had the write-up prepared.

I have no idea what I would have done if it had become irrelevant, but it wouldn't have been pretty.

Quinz and Smeg Head probably leading the voting for the CC Trophy for least helpful Eagle right now. HM to CM9000.

I think I'm on Braun tomorrow. If I'm getting beaten yet again as an Eagle I'd rather it not be by the new guy ;) The rest of you have at least put in the hard yards. Except for maybe Barrybran.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Given my impending appointment with some grisly fate that Trucko is cooking up...

I very much suspect that it was one Freagle on and one Freagle off.

Guero and Wing it. One of these 2 and someone from the lynch.

Good luck gentlemen. I suspect adding anything further will just clutz up your chances tomorrow.

I’m happy to die for the cause brothers. Then you’ll know my heart is true and my words might be too. Does that mean I want to die? s**t no. Does that mean I’d rather you kill me than a freagle? Of course it doesn’t! But if I must die because my fellow eagles suspect me because of my failings at this game then so be it. I’ll use my last hours hunting for scraps of evidence to try and help us get closer to that elusive victory.

I freely admit I played poorly in targeting CM. I became fixated on him and it meant I stopped looking. That is one of my many failings in playing this game.

I voted for Grace last night without giving much of a reason why. I’d seen faint links between CC and wing it in the early years of the thread, so I wanted to see what would happen after I voted. Sure enough, it was wing it that slapped a vote on me. Yes, he provided a valid reason based on my poor play. But it added another faint link between the 2 players. Just bear it in mind if you decide my time is up.

Remember we’re up against a duo. A fully-informed duo with the advantage of being able to communicate secretly to hatch plans of murder and mayhem. Don’t become fixated on the duo (a mistake I made last game), but don’t make the mistake of ignoring it in your hunt for evil.

Lol @ those suggesting I have the subtlety in my game to be a Freagle this way.

Don’t waste your vote, or fellow villagers, consider who is throwing tomorrow’s shade my way.
It would be a very ballsy play. I think you’re one of the few among up that could pull it off.

I’ll die for the cause. I just hope that if I do my eagle brothers will heed my words.

I very much suspect that it was one Freagle on and one Freagle off.
If you have a chance to answer before you exit stage left...what does this mean mate?

Edit: oh I think I see, you’re talking about the freagles voting for Quinz yeah? I’ve had an eagle vibe around Quinny from the beginning, as you’d see if you checked my posts. I wavered for a while a couple of days ago, but came back to him being an eagle. I understand the reasons for voting him out, but I’m focussed on spending what time I have left on hunting freagles.

Last edited:
Certainly, I went hard at Ash. I didn't like the plan and saw it as a possible decoy for a Freagle to hide behind. So fair cop on the 'overthinking Eagle' call. I think we can all be guilty on that one though.
Overthinking eagle would also be a nice decoy for a freagle to hide behind.
Then there was the typo debacle. Surely anyone could understand why Jack Darling was a prime suspect at that point, I'm not apologising for suggesting that.
I believed Ash was the seer and I believed he’d looked at MWPP twice and confirmed she was a villager both times. You needed to wait for Ash to clarify before making such a strident call.
We are at the pointy end now and I am taking the obvious route of looking at any player that did not vote out Squashface. That includes me and that's fine.
Misdirection. We both know CC voted to evict squash. Last game I made the assumption that a freagle wouldn’t vote for a fellow freagle on day 3 and it cost us the win.
In your case Guero you actively gunned for CM9000 on the night that Squashface was taken out...
I’ve addressed this in posts above, so won’t bother doing so again.
...and then today there was the vote-tying thing which at this stage of the game I see purely as a Freagle diversionary tactic. You have posted evidence of your reasoning for it...so I am happy to sleep on it.
Nicely done. You state that my play was ‘purely as a freagle diversionary tactic’ before giving me a soft pass because of my sitch. With the way you’ve written that, all people will see is ‘vote tying is a freagle diversionary tactic’. I’m not a freagle. Are you?

It's imperative that we nail today's vote guys. You all couldn't imagine how much I ache to finally have a village victory, it's f***ing ridiculous. I've come close in a couple of previous games only to see last-minute shenanigans see the village snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. So for the love of life itself, let's get this right.

Judging by the last page of posts the focus is coalescing around CC, Guero and Wing It for today. The first two I have strong vibes about, Wing It less so, but am happy to listen (no point being fixated on a position at this stage. e.g. having just reviewed earlier posts I've softened on Doashuey). My suggestion is:
a) to go hard at CC and if he turns up Freagle we can go with Guero's theory that he and Wing It are the double team. If CC turns up village, then we must turn the blowtorch on Guero for our final chance at uncovering a Freagle.
b) Basically the reverse of (a). Target Guero for tonight's vote and if we are wrong, the CC and Wing It theory will be our final move.

Short of throwing some chicken bones on the floor and reading what they tell me to do, that is the best plan I can come up with (unless Rookie Pick is not swept to eternity by the Freagles, in which case everything might change).

It's imperative that we nail today's vote guys. You all couldn't imagine how much I ache to finally have a village victory, it's f***ing ridiculous. I've come close in a couple of previous games only to see last-minute shenanigans see the village snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. So for the love of life itself, let's get this right.

Judging by the last page of posts the focus is coalescing around CC, Guero and Wing It for today. The first two I have strong vibes about, Wing It less so, but am happy to listen (no point being fixated on a position at this stage. e.g. having just reviewed earlier posts I've softened on Doashuey). My suggestion is:
a) to go hard at CC and if he turns up Freagle we can go with Guero's theory that he and Wing It are the double team. If CC turns up village, then we must turn the blowtorch on Guero for our final chance at uncovering a Freagle.
b) Basically the reverse of (a). Target Guero for tonight's vote and if we are wrong, the CC and Wing It theory will be our final move.

Short of throwing some chicken bones on the floor and reading what they tell me to do, that is the best plan I can come up with (unless Rookie Pick is not swept to eternity by the Freagles, in which case everything might change).
But don’t just focus on us three. Eyes open, keep looking for clues. More later, I’m off to the Heaphy track.

I'll take option (b) over option (a) obviously. I don't like how option (a) automatically casts me as a Freagle just because CC is one.

Irrespective of that, Guero is now targeting CC and myself in the same way that he went after Hickey. Like a dog with a bone. And now comes the mea culpa Oh I'm such a poor player, my failings in this game made me do it. Please.

On top of that we also get the good old I'm willing to die for the cause sympathy play. Major red flag for mine.

Night 6 - No Surprise
Night 6 - No Surprise
Poor old Wally Matera. Always overshadowed by his younger brothers. Stuck with Branden for a son. Named 'Wally'. And now, targeted by Freagles. A forget-me-now slipped into his drink left him unconscious long enough for the Freagles to enact a special death for the man who they believed had denied them the head of Ashley Smith.

Wally Matera came to in the dark of the ship's hold, naked and slathered in - he sniffed gingerly at a hand - banana puree? In the dark ahead of him he heard cranks and clanks, followed by the wild shrieks of agitated simians. Of course, the brig was in the hold! Full of monkeys who'd misbehaved and were being punished with detention and a bread and water diet. Driven mad by it. And now smelling delicious fruit for the first time in days...

Suspicions that Matera was dead were first aroused when a very poor disciplined monkey threw a severed penis down at the feet of Chris Lewis, disgusted that it wasn't the meal it'd been expecting. The Freagles had struck again; time was running out for the Eagles.

-----------‐-----------------
Thus exits Rookie Pick a.k.a. Wally Matera a.k.a. the Club Doctor. Second last chance to snatch a Freagle.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back