Rumour WereDocker: The Freagle Among Us - Game on!

Remove this Banner Ad

Truckosaurus

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 19, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Game starts here

I'm running a West Coast-themed game of Werewolf. If you didn't see my post in RDT, this is basically how it works:
Me said:
One of the participants is randomly selected at random by some randomised means to be the Freagle lurking among us. Only I, as compere, and the Freagle know who the Freagle is. Every night, the Freagle kills one other participant of their choice (by sending me a message with the name). In the morning, the survivors try to determine who the Freagle is (by majority vote). If they're right, they win. If they're wrong, the exiled/executed can gloat from the sidelines in safety. The Freagle will try and lead you astray.

Register your interest here to play. As we're all pretty bored by this point, pick any Eagle past or present to roleplay in the game for added spice. Registrations close 8pm WST Friday, 10 April with the game to start on Saturday. None of us are going away this Easter, so no excuses about missing out because of it.

Registered
kane249 - Fraser Gehrig
DanWCE - Ben Cousins
Carbine Chaos - Corey Adamson
ashley12 - Ashley Sampi
Biggie - Chris Judd
HoneyBadger35 - Jaymie Graham
avishka5 - Damien Adkins
Doashuey - Beau Waters
Ochre - Tom Swift
squashface - Ashton Hams

MrKK - Paul Symmons
RookiePick - Rowan Jones
Dazzler10 - Darren Glass
hudson2006 - Mark LeCras

Last edited:

Night Phi
Although aware (now) that he wasn't the Freagle, Chris Judd's exile had been tremendously fun viewing for the survivors so the mood was high at Mineral Resources Park. Darren Glass used his executive powers to unlock the safe in Nisbett's office and liberate two bottles of the Macallen whiskey. "A wee dram after dinner" soon became "two empty bottles and four drunk players" and after a few hours of your standard drunken skylarking the players staggered off to bed.

Darren Glass walked past Nisbett's office on his way to his own, where he'd set up a bed on his couch. His ambitions (and the whiskey) made him go in for one more look at the life he aspired to. It was beautiful. From the rich Conrinthian leather desk chair (Corinth is famous for its leather!) to the Faberge pen holder to what Nisbett had assured him in a nervous voice was not the real Mona Lisa of course don't be ridiculous; it was the stuff whitecollar dreams were made of. Drunk on glamour (and, again, the whiskey), Glass was oblivious to the person who came up behind him. An empty whiskey bottle smashed over the back of his head.

They found him still in the office in the morning, when they went desperately looking for enough alcohol to make a hangover cure. His throat had been cut, apparently with Nisbett's silver letter opener (previous owner: Kaiser Wilhelm II). His body was draped in Nisbett's chair, his hands pinned to the (Canadian redwood) desk in front of him by the two Mont Blanc pens driven through them. His eyes had a glassy look. On the desk was a bloodstained typed note: "Couldn't stand not being Peter Bell". The three remaining players looked at each other in panic. The Freagle lived. They only had one more shot at this.

A huddle wasn't called because they didn't feel like exposing any backs to any hands, but they did have a meeting.

Well, well, well, look who's suddenly getting some attention, ol' Scratcher over here. Do you know who normally talks about Paul Symmons these days? No-one, that's who. Chucked out 1 game short of the century and forgotten about. My BigFooty past player page only has 15 posts and hasn't been touched since 2011.

Let me tell you, years of selling cars pays the bills but rots a man's soul. Being one of Nissy's chosen few has given my life more meaning than I've felt in 20 years. I just wanted it to last as long as possible...

So my goal has been to drag it out. I wasn't scared of the Freagle - he was just going to ignore me like every other campaigner since the club stamped my papers. Plus Jaymie Graham's meltdown about dumbarse strategies was so funny it encouraged me to double down on it. I mean seriously, anagrams? LOL

I planned/hoped to leave MRP as "Paul Symmons - Champion", now we stand but one vote away.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I expected to wake up dead this morning. I figured the one constant was Glassy suspecting RoJo, so whoever the Freagle was would keep them both around and control at least one vote. If Cuzz was the Freagle he would kill me, if Glassy was it was 50/50. I guess RoJo would bump off Glassy, but his posts to date lead me to believe that he's not the Freagle.

I'm leaning towards the one guy who's had even less attention than me, B. Cousins. Convince me otherwise

If Cuzz was the Freagle he would kill me

Convince you? You said it yourself. My voting has been pretty much on par with RoJo the whole time and now even I don't trust him. But I don't trust you either, to be fair.

JG spoke to me from the dead and told me to vote you out next. Im leaning against that at the moment. But if you think I deserve your vote for not coming under scrutiny then right back at you Symmo! Convince me why I shouldn't vote you out right now?

Convince you? You said it yourself. My voting has been pretty much on par with RoJo the whole time and now even I don't trust him. But I don't trust you either, to be fair.

JG spoke to me from the dead and told me to vote you out next. Im leaning against that at the moment. But if you think I deserve your vote for not coming under scrutiny then right back at you Symmo! Convince me why I shouldn't vote you out right now?
JG thought I was playing seriously though, where I was just taking the piss to extend the game. To be fair, to an observer I've played a great Freagle game to get to the final 3 without a single vote against, but it's not me.

JG thought I was playing seriously though, where I was just taking the piss to extend the game. To be fair, to an observer I've played a great Freagle game to get to the final 3 without a single vote against, but it's not me.

Always trying to extend, Symmo. One more game, one more day. You know who else tries to extend the game? The Freagle.

Jaymie Graham, a true clubman, who knows that team success is the ultimate glory: Please kill me as early as possible to give the rest of you more time.

Paul Symmons, a jaded Freagle forgotten to the masses: Please give me one more day.

I got my ultimate glory in the end, will you Paul?

b0c53c32afc62a30e492a18dde516a84.jpg

Whoever the Freagle turns out to be has really capitalised on people not taking the strategy element of this game seriously enough until it was too late. I suspect if (when?) we do this again, that mistake won’t be repeated.

It’s fun to give a s**t about dumb internet things guys!

Whoever the Freagle turns out to be has really capitalised on people not taking the strategy element of this game seriously enough until it was too late. I suspect if (when?) we do this again, that mistake won’t be repeated.

It’s fun to give a s**t about dumb internet things guys!

I didn't really understand much of the strategy stuff as I haven't played this game before but it's been pretty good fun. More participants would be good, if Trucko is keen to go around again (wouldn't be easy hosting this and having to invent storylines on the fly)

I didn't really understand much of the strategy stuff as I haven't played this game before but it's been pretty good fun. More participants would be good, if Trucko is keen to go around again (wouldn't be easy hosting this and having to invent storylines on the fly)

I feel like Trucko has earned an actual go in the game, but while footy is AWOL I would gladly have another crack (probably just because I lost spectacularly this time around).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back