Werewolf Werewolf Game: Boncer v DapperJong

Remove this Banner Ad

But I guess my question is - if there’s no spirit of the game factor , then why were kdavva74 ’s and 3KZ is Football ‘s disclosures criticised by many ?
Both their disclosures and Barrybran ‘s involve helping an opponent .
And both 3KZ’s /Barrybran’s exposures involve helping their former faction
As Woosh said, she was going to seer kdavva so he would have been found out. At that point I had two choices - lie about what I knew, get the vampires through the day and the vampires would have been in a nearly unbeatable position with both the amulet and doc protection and knowledge of all roles bar the alpha and one flog; or give up what I knew so the Jongs could maximise their chances or winning. I chose the latter.

kdavva's reveal stemmed from a dummy spit by 3KZ surrounding his interpretation of the amulet protection. He steadfastly refused to accept his recruitment and argued the point with boncer. In a nutshell, it was poor sportsmanship.

Did Barrybran actually say he was a villager ?
Yes, I said I was a villager from the moment I was recruited

This is very common stuff, melting and differences of opinion. This one is child’s play compared to some others...we mostly take it for what it is.
Some people get very upset, some laugh. Next week no one will give a s**t coz it’s a new game.

I guess my real question is why some people on here are implying that she was more suspicious than deaneus
Up to my death, deaneus had virtually no involvement in the game. Coupled with his inexperienced, I committed the cardinal sin of labelling him as a villager without performing due dilligence. Porps was there for the get-go and had been in her previous couple of games. She also allowed us to keep doubt in the air. If we had have thrown that kind of shade at deaneus it would have been incredibly suspicious.

As Woosh said, she was going to seer kdavva so he would have been found out. At that point I had two choices - lie about what I knew, get the vampires through the day and the vampires would have been in a nearly unbeatable position with both the amulet and doc protection and knowledge of all roles bar the alpha and one flog; or give up what I knew so the Jongs could maximise their chances or winning. I chose the latter.

kdavva's reveal stemmed from a dummy spit by 3KZ surrounding his interpretation of the amulet protection. He steadfastly refused to accept his recruitment and argued the point with boncer. In a nutshell, it was poor sportsmanship.

Yes, I said I was a villager from the moment I was recruited
So in a nutshell , just like 3KZ, you opted to remain loyal to your original faction .
Starting to understand your frustration kdavva74 . But is it true that 3KZ said to you that he wouldn’t out you or self disclose ?

Up to my death, deaneus had virtually no involvement in the game. Coupled with his inexperienced, I committed the cardinal sin of labelling him as a villager without performing due dilligence. Porps was there for the get-go and had been in her previous couple of games. She also allowed us to keep doubt in the air. If we had have thrown that kind of shade at deaneus it would have been incredibly suspicious.
Aren’t evil heads more likely to get involved later when other members die , than be active from the get go though ?

MWPP - Just to add with how I played my role as a double agent, this was the first time I had done so and had no idea how to play it. I decided to tell noone and tried to set both factions up to win until it was clear that I couldn't stay hidden any longer.
The ultimate Severus Snape but a rogue version ;) . I thought you said you told your original faction that you had been recruited to maximise their chances of winning ?
At what point did you tell them that you had been recruited ?

Starting to understand your frustration kdavva74 . But is it true that 3KZ said to you that he wouldn’t out you or self disclose ?

Of course he wouldn't out me, he was making sure he could survive. :p

He argued that his recruitment was too vague in the rules but was very quick to jump on the fact that the same vagueness meant the amulet could protect him.

You would’ve been dead if I hadn’t missed that mornings deadline. I was planning on changing our kill from chappy to kdav
I was stunned to be alive in the morning. RL sometimes is a rude bitch that gets in the way of WW.

Of course he wouldn't out me, he was making sure he could survive. :p

He argued that his recruitment was too vague in the rules but was very quick to jump on the fact that the same vagueness meant the amulet could protect him.
Then why did you cave and out yourself if he indeed wouldn’t have done so if you hadn’t ?

That’s how I read the amulet rules too ie that recruitment included intimidation .

We as villagers would’ve played the game very differently in terms of the use of the amulet /protection if it had been spelt out clearly in the OP

So in a nutshell , just like 3KZ, you opted to remain loyal to your original faction .

Haha, good timing. No, as I said above, I decided not to take sides. The vamps were going to die anyway by the time I had revealed.

Aren’t evil heads more likely to get involved later when other members die , than be active from the get go though ?
Usually that's the case but I've made the end game three times as an evil head while being active in the game. Different people have different styles and some play different roles different ways. Never, ever make assumptions but always pay attention, even between games ;)

The ultimate Severus Snape but a rogue version ;) . I thought you said you told your original faction that you had been recruited to maximise their chances of winning ?
At what point did you tell them that you had been recruited ?
I didn't tell the Jongs until the night I avoided the lynch. I had successfully delayed kdavva being seered the previous night but Woosh knew he was somewhere on Big Footy around deadlines and we were running out of targets.

IMO the vampires are useless and needlessly complicate the game but some people love them.
I loved it! I don't like the 'head dies, all die' method but I loved the added layer of "are we compromised?" that the role brings.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Then why did you cave and out yourself if he indeed wouldn’t have done so if you hadn’t ?

That’s how I read the amulet rules too ie that recruitment included intimidation .

We as villagers would’ve played the game very differently in terms of the use of the amulet /protection if it had been spelt out clearly in the OP
I told you, that OP was written for a completely different game with no vampires and reincarnated for this one. We just go by what the mod decides, it’s his call always. If you want spirit of the game that’s it right there.

Usually that's the case but I've made the end game three times as an evil head while being active in the game. Different people have different styles and some play different roles different ways. Never, ever make assumptions but always pay attention, even between games ;)
This is both the best and the most unhelpful bit of advice I have received on werewolf .

I guess others were making (wrong) assumptions about por_please_ya , EJW and Agent93 though , unfortunately .

That one is open for interpretation. Some will say I could have won with the vampires or Jongs. Some will say I could only win with the Jongs. boncer gave me freedom to play the role whatever way I chose.
I have an issue with this and there was some discussion in the dead PM. In another scenario a simple villager could just out the head vamp so he/she gets lynched. It would be a heroic village death.

If we are going to have vampires then if you are converted then you should be loyal to the head vamp imo. Dav asked Barry his role and he said villager and then 3KZ didn't want to be converted. It made the role redundant so if the converted aren't made to be loyal don't have the vamp role.

I loved it! I don't like the 'head dies, all die' method but I loved the added layer of "are we compromised?" that the role brings.
Haven’t seen vamps in a game for a very long time but I don’t play every game. I only remember games where they are a normal faction that can recruit kill alternately, you can pick them off one by one and the head vamp seers as villager. And a maximum of 3 vamps.
Again each mod makes his own roles though and we go by that, there was 38 players I think.

I told you, that OP was written for a completely different game with no vampires and reincarnated for this one. We just go by what the mod decides, it’s his call always. If you want spirit of the game that’s it right there.
It lead to some good discussion but we all agreed the mod gets the right of interpretation. Bonce did well

Remove this Banner Ad

Back