Werewolf Game Discussion Thread Pt 2

OK - I've posted the US Election game now. I was hoping to get some feedback before posting it on what people thought of the roles/mechanisms, but I've been looking after a sick daughter last night and today, so I'm a bit scattered. However, if anyone has anything that needs improving, I'm open to making some changes up until the start of Night 1. So just let me know!

nah man - it is perfect - good work!

MC Bad Genius

No, not THAT MC Bad Genius. The other one.
Apr 15, 2008
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
It looks fantastic and plenty of roles to have fun with.

With the voting (admittedly I’ve only skip read). What does the 50% win condition mean?

Only other thing is that I suspect you’re going to have to repeat a few times on D1/D2 that no vote = modkill to avoid frustration from the usual non voter crowd who think they get 2 chances.
I hope it'll be more apparent as the game progresses. As a hypothetical, if 20 people sign up to play, it will mean that 5 players are voting Republican (ie the 5 republican players), 5 are voting Democrat and the remaining 10 are undecided, so the vote forecast would be R=25%/D=25%/U=50%. And over the first night, there are 5 deaths that are all villagers (The American Public) and Dems/Repubs each sway another live good person's vote, it would be 6 Republican voters, 6 Democrat voters and 3 undecided, so the vote forecast would be R=40%/D=40%/U=20%. Then if one of the parties gets to 50%, they win.

Does that make more sense?

I haven't had time to yet, but I need to run some simulations to make sure that 50% mark won't end the game too early.

I hope it'll be more apparent as the game progresses. As a hypothetical, if 20 people sign up to play, it will mean that 5 players are voting Republican (ie the 5 republican players), 5 are voting Democrat and the remaining 10 are undecided, so the vote forecast would be R=25%/D=25%/U=50%. And over the first night, there are 5 deaths that are all villagers (The American Public) and Dems/Repubs each sway another live good person's vote, it would be 6 Republican voters, 6 Democrat voters and 3 undecided, so the vote forecast would be R=40%/D=40%/U=20%. Then if one of the parties gets to 50%, they win.

Does that make more sense?

I haven't had time to yet, but I need to run some simulations to make sure that 50% mark won't end the game too early.
If the same player is targetted do they flip or is it like a scale?

So say I am target by Dems N1, I vote with Dems, N2 I get targetted by Reps am I undecided or do I flip to Reps?

If the same player is targetted do they flip or is it like a scale?

So say I am target by Dems N1, I vote with Dems, N2 I get targetted by Reps am I undecided or do I flip to Reps?
lol look at this guy here thinking he’ll survive N1 to vote D1

MC Bad Genius

No, not THAT MC Bad Genius. The other one.
Apr 15, 2008
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
I'm planning out a new game of WW to mod and have a few ideas, but I don't know if they've been done before. I've looked through a couple of the threads that try to sum up all the games of WW on this board so far and couldn't find them, but I know those lists aren't complete. Does anyone remember playing a game with any of the below themes?

Discworld (Terry Pratchett book series)
Counterpart (TV show)
Time travel (as in the concept, not sure how it would work as a WW game; could get super-confusing)
Children Of Men (movie)
Tomorrow When The War Began (book series)
Football code wars
Deadwood (TV show)
Console wars (Nintendo/Sega/Sony/Xbox)

Just to flag, I’ll be running a
Halloween Heist game on Friday (start when I wake up, end midnight). It’s not werewolf:

- you’re in one of 3 teams
- you have to find the item hidden in a post based on a clue I provide
- the first to find it hides and I provide clues
- repeat and the winning team is the one with the item at midnight.
- teams have one block and one steal in the game.

Hope you enjoy it, I’ll launch on Tuesday evening.

Remember that LOTR game we designed ages ago? :')

Haha I was actually going to message you to see if you wanted to co mod! Will be a mafia game but thinking I'll keep it flavourless for the sake of time!

Haha I was actually going to message you to see if you wanted to co mod! Will be a mafia game but thinking I'll keep it flavourless for the sake of time!
Sounds fun :) .
Would've really loved to, but will have to say no because like last week, next week is looking shaky for me in terms of reliably being around at the typical deadlines (I only do it if I can do it properly. Hence modding infrequently. That one I did with por_please_ya recently was a lot of fun, but also my first in over a year) .
I think you should mod next anyway if you can though as we haven't had a mafia style game in years
And yeah I'd play (thankfully playing comes with more flexibility than modding in terms of need for availability because it doesn't matter if I'm not around at the deadline but instead around in the middle of the night or day)

Id be keen to host the game after Nunez Depending on what date itd started, I'm pretty much unavailable to run it until the 21st

Also request no one does a star wars one before then 😂
the Star Wars one that jmoo wan ran was a lot of fun
looking forward to yours :)

Back