Werewolf Game Discussion Thread Pt 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Couple more interesting roles
Saint - if lynched will kill the first person who voted for them that round
Nurse - replaces the doctor role when they are killed
Cheerleader- chooses a random person at night and they can perform two actions

In the game I was going to do with Proper Gander, we were going to have the Flogs start with 2 people, but they could recruit each night people to join them. We never got around to hashing out how that would work, but I'd be interested to see what people think are the potential pitfalls of having that mechanism in play.

Are these ones you've found somewhere? Or just made up?
Found, there’s a lot of sites that have various roles.
My spy role I made up but there is a spy role as part of the mafia faction

So I was thinking about werewolf roles in my ample boring spare time and thought of an fun role that could also be integrated into say the flogs, it’s a spy role. As the spy you get to nominate a post number in either the pm of wolves or mafia and the mod will copy and paste what was said. But of a hit and miss role but could add some value to the game. Thoughts
NaturalDisaster, did we have this in one of our games once? I swear I’ve seen this used before once or twice.

I think there's a role where you can see the last x posts of a PM?

Personally not a fan of roles which result in PMs needing to censor themselves, but I've never played a game with one I think.

I got done by one of those 'peep at pm' roles. It was during thunder season I think and I was whinging about lightning and blackouts or something to do with the weather, both in faction PM and ingame. They seen a peep of what I wrote in the PM and put 2 and 2 together...nek minit lynched

I got done by one of those 'peep at pm' roles. It was during thunder season I think and I was whinging about lightning and blackouts or something to do with the weather, both in faction PM and ingame. They seen a peep of what I wrote in the PM and put 2 and 2 together...nek minit lynched

I enjoyed serial_thrilla ’s Town of Salem game when guero was pretending to be you when interrogating me in jail.

I looked that game up and I actually played in it. Died N3 so would have had the interest of joining Dead PM. I just can't remember anything apart from something about different rolesets and veterans? :think:

I know I just modded a game, but I've already been thinking about the next one and I wanted to get some feedback. I'm thinking of an unthemed game, but instead of prescribed roles, I'd list out all the possible roles and people nominate (by PM) the role that they want to play. If there's a double-up, the second person to nominate becomes a Villager instead. There could potentially be rules about total number of Evil roles vs good roles/Villagers (maybe 1:3 like MWPP suggested in the last game's Dead PM) and the number of Neutral roles too. But part of me would be interested to just see how it might go without those rules too. In my mind, the game would start with everyone only knowing how many people were in each faction (or perhaps not?), but not what roles had been chosen.

What do people think? Would you sign up for a game that could potentially be chaotic awesome, but also potentially chaotic terrible (ie unbalanced)?

I know I just modded a game, but I've already been thinking about the next one and I wanted to get some feedback. I'm thinking of an unthemed game, but instead of prescribed roles, I'd list out all the possible roles and people nominate (by PM) the role that they want to play. If there's a double-up, the second person to nominate becomes a Villager instead. There could potentially be rules about total number of Evil roles vs good roles/Villagers (maybe 1:3 like MWPP suggested in the last game's Dead PM) and the number of Neutral roles too. But part of me would be interested to just see how it might go without those rules too. In my mind, the game would start with everyone only knowing how many people were in each faction (or perhaps not?), but not what roles had been chosen.

What do people think? Would you sign up for a game that could potentially be chaotic awesome, but also potentially chaotic terrible (ie unbalanced)?

Yes, it would be very interesting! Nothing wrong with trying out new things.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I like it. I'd have a limit of like 5 evil a faction, 6 good roles etc but not exactly name them. Could get a mafia with no head or village with no seer but a vig, vet and JOAT

I'd list out all the possible roles and people nominate (by PM) the role that they want to play. If there's a double-up, the second person to nominate becomes a Villager instead.
I like it!

but the problem is in choosing roles is you’d have 1 fake seer and then everyone else would be villagers..

Agreed. Should have been 100% effective but didn't actually work in this instance. Werewolf players are weird. Think it should be a modkill next time?

Yes

along with any s**t like “ill delete my account if a flip evil” otherwise known as the boncer34 strategy

Remove this Banner Ad

Back