Werewolf Werewolf Game Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Amulet Rule Clarifications / Variations.

The Amulet #1
Each night one player will receive the Amulet ( Mod hands it out night 1) and will be immune from kills, lynches, all intimidation and seers that night and the following day. The Amulet does not protect from Vampire recruitment. If recruited the holder of the Amulet brings it to the Vampire faction. The Amulet holder must request who to pass it off to before the end of the day phase otherwise it will be randomly sent out. The Amulet can only be passed within a faction two times before it has to be sent to someone else outside the faction. Any player can hold the amulet, the Mod will hand it out night 1.
The Amulet self destructs at the end of day 6.

The Amulet #2
Each night one player will receive the Amulet ( Mod hands it out night 1) and will be immune from kills, lynches, all intimidation and seers that night and the following day. The Amulet does not protect from Vampire recruitment. If the holder of the Amulet is recruited, it is destroyed. The Amulet holder must request who to pass it off to before the end of the day phase otherwise it will be randomly sent out. The Amulet can only be passed within a faction two times before it has to be sent to someone else outside the faction. Any player can hold the amulet, the Mod will hand it out night 1.

The Amulet #3
Each night one player will receive the Amulet ( Mod hands it out night 1) and will be immune from kills, lynches, all intimidation, seers and Vampire recruitment that night and the following day. The Amulet holder must request who to pass it off to before the end of the day phase otherwise it will be randomly sent out. The Amulet can only be passed within a faction two times before it has to be sent to someone else outside the faction. Any player can hold the amulet, the Mod will hand it out night 1.

The Amulet #4
Each night one player will receive the Amulet ( Mod hands it out night 1) and will be immune from kills, lynches, all intimidation and seers that night and the following day. The Amulet does not protect from Vampire recruitment. If the holder of the Amulet is recruited, it is randomly reassigned to one of the remaining players. The Amulet holder must request who to pass it off to before the end of the day phase otherwise it will be randomly sent out. The Amulet can only be passed within a faction two times before it has to be sent to someone else outside the faction. Any player can hold the amulet, the Mod will hand it out night 1.

All the other games with vampires I’ve played were different, they didn’t all die if the head vampire died, you picked them off one by one like any other faction. After the head died they couldn’t recruit but could still kill. Or other variations of vampire rules/roles.
Each game is different and there are many sets of rules/roles written by lots of mods.
Sometimes vamp heads were also night immune.
It’s just the game.

3KZ is Football - I'm reviewing past games and the best way I've seen it put was by OES, very simply, amulet protects from all moves for one night phase and one day phase. Short, sweet and no confusion.
I like that. This is basically #3. I thought I would throw a few others up if people wanted to look at variants.

All the other games with vampires I’ve played were different, they didn’t all die if the head vampire died, you picked them off one by one like any other faction. After the head died they couldn’t recruit but could still kill. Or other variations of vampire rules/roles.
Each game is different and there are many sets of rules/roles written by lots of mods.
Sometimes vamp heads were also night immune.
It’s just the game.
These are all good too. We could look at having 3 or 4 variants for Vampires and Amulet and mods could simply cut and paste the one they like for each.

These are all good too. We could look at having 3 or 4 variants for Vampires and Amulet and mods could simply cut and paste the one they like for each.
Each game is different, that’s the charm and the difficulty of it, people have to adjust and play to the particular mods rules.
Amulets can be different, docs protection only last for night not days etc etc. There are other roles like witches, there are bombs etc etc
Impossible to have a standard cut and paste set of rules.

When I mod I change them up to suit the number of people playing and the roles I want in. It’s up to the players to read carefully.

Each game is different, that’s the charm and the difficulty of it, people have to adjust and play to the particular mods rules.
Amulets can be different, docs protection only last for night not days etc etc. There are other roles like witches, there are bombs etc etc
Impossible to have a standard cut and paste set of rules.

When I mod I change them up to suit the number of people playing and the roles I want in. It’s up to the players to read carefully.
I get that. I suppose it's the English Teacher in me. My idea would be that the more helpful we can be in helping players to understand the rules the better. If I have a situation where people in my class are misinterpreting a key idea, I would re-explain it and rephrase my presentation for next time. Simply saying, it's on the board, read it doesn't work.
I am happy to put time and energy into working on some rule variations for vamp, bombs, arsonist etc etc and then anyone who is modding is free to use these or come up with their own.

I will never have enough time to mod a game (two young sons), but I am happy to do other things. We have a really good online community of people playing this game and I want to contribute.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I get that. I suppose it's the English Teacher in me. My idea would be that the more helpful we can be in helping players to understand the rules the better. If I have a situation where people in my class are misinterpreting a key idea, I would re-explain it and rephrase my presentation for next time. Simply saying, it's on the board, read it doesn't work.
I am happy to put time and energy into working on some rule variations for vamp, bombs, arsonist etc etc and then anyone who is modding is free to use these or come up with their own.

I will never have enough time to mod a game (two young sons), but I am happy to do other things. We have a really good online community of people playing this game and I want to contribute.
The games have been running for years and watching players and mods f up the rules and melt has always been part of the fun of it, eventually you learn. You should have seen my first games both as a player and a mod hahahaha so ferked. But fun. Its just fun.
But go for it, it might be helpful to some people. But if we start getting hung up on rules regulations and spreadsheets and God knows what else it will quickly die imo

The games have been running for years and watching players and mods f up the rules and melt has always been part of the fun of it, eventually you learn. You should have seen my first games both as a player and a mod hahahaha so ferked. But fun. Its just fun.
But go for it, it might be helpful to some people. But if we start getting hung up on rules regulations and spreadsheets and God knows what else it will quickly die imo
I am the last person to touch a spread sheet! I’m happy to leave it to the Amulet for now.

I can't stress this enough. My faction missed a kill last game because four players skimmed the rules instead of reading them.
I even put all the roles and pertaining rules in the OP of your pm and you still missed it. Delicious :D
OES melting coz I didn’t tell you haha.

Would be good for the next game to be traditional in roleset, rules and theme. I think there are a bunch of new players who would benefit from it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back