2nds West Adelaide vs Port Adelaide - Round 16 @ Richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

Agree; Joe Daniher is 95 kg now but he debuted in 2013 when he was much lighter. And apart from 2013 when he played 5 games and scored 3 goals he has each year since then scored 28, 34, 43 and 56(unfinished). I would get him in as soon as possible but please Ken play him and Dixon as proper forwards. Keep this running to the backlines to a minimum. We want to have big targets available if the ball has to be hoofed into the forwards.

Daniher had been in a afl system for plenty longer before debut. If we had a game that didn't matter I'm all for it. I would question Marshall's tank just at present. It's obvious he has the talent and he is possibly far more advanced than we hoped he would be at the start of the year but just having him finish sound and running on top of the ground is a win this year. Set him up for next season.

xGTPegH.png

yLuiti9.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone think Bonners form is starting to be a touch concerning? He's not really pressing for selection and I can't remember him being in the beats too much this year. Might want to pull his finger out and show something.

Nah, it's everything for a tall in our side given how we play.

We don't play to create space and honour leads, or block to create space for leading targets. We do the polar opposite. Everybody gather in an area and kick to a contested situation, hope for a strong mark or force a boundary throw-in or ball-up.

Marshall would be pointless in our forward line at the moment and he'd be slaughtered by the bigger bodies in those contested situations.

A talent, no doubt, but needs to be a lot stronger to fit it to our mix as a tall forward unless Hinkley changes the way we move the ball forward and I don't see that happening anytime soon.
Gotta love the game plan. In my dreams I see a forward leading from the goal square anywhere within a 45 degree arc and an upfield player spearing a kick that hits the forward on the chest. Even if I saw that twice a quarter I would be happy.

Anyone think Bonners form is starting to be a touch concerning? He's not really pressing for selection and I can't remember him being in the beats too much this year. Might want to pull his finger out and show something.
Played really well against south, yesterday wasn't really a day for defenders, lienert Irra Bonner all had lower numbers as the midfield dominated. Bonner is going alright, disposal has improved. needs to be given a chance soon I think

Gotta love the game plan. In my dreams I see a forward leading from the goal square anywhere within a 45 degree arc and an upfield player spearing a kick that hits the forward on the chest. Even if I saw that twice a quarter I would be happy.

I saw this with the Centrals game yesterday, the fact we play kick it into the forward line 5000 times with no method makes our gameplan look like some experiment....

He was named third best in the last two rounds. He's an emergency this week. Not worried at all. Just play him.

Young named best! Worried!

I feel for Aaron Young. Way too good for sanfl but gets pigeon holed in some unfathomable role in the AFL side and continually gets dropped.

Good stats across the board. Almost gives you faith we could bring in some players with limited exposed AFL form. Even talls. ;)

I feel for Aaron Young. Way too good for sanfl but gets pigeon holed in some unfathomable role in the AFL side and continually gets dropped.

Good stats across the board. Almost gives you faith we could bring in some players with limited exposed AFL form. Even talls. ;)
I reckon that is the worst indictment of our coaching group. Playing players out of their best position. They're up against it before they step foot on the field. There seems to be no rhyme nor reason for our coaching decisions.

Young got played in the midfield against St Kilda and sucked harder than a Hoover.

If Sam Gray was dropped he'd dominate more than Young does. I don't feel for him at all.

I reckon that is the worst indictment of our coaching group. Playing players out of their best position. They're up against it before they step foot on the field. There seems to be no rhyme nor reason for our coaching decisions.

Some of it is because the reserves side isn't balanced and the rules hamstrung us.

Good effort across the board for 3 out of 4 quarters. In the 3rd qtr we were in zombie mode and West smashed us - but they are so poor they barely outscored us. Did what we needed to to secure a double chance.

Chad was spending time patting Marshall on the back and encouraging him at the 3 qtr time break. Seemed despondent. Then they played him as the leading target up forward and looked for him (please note this FL coaching staff), and he delivered in spades!

Defs a long term keeper. Every time I see him play, I just think "first ever pre season last summer / more muscle and a bigger tank, soon he will impact more than just sporadically in games / next season - watch out". The guys' potential is limitless. Beautiful long accurate kick with no effort. Strong hands for a lightly framed kid - just puts the mitts out in front and they can't knock it away. Low centre of gravity, beautifully balanced. And 197cm too. :thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

If Young was in the best 5 yesterday then I wasn't at the ground. Seriously!!! Lot of easy disposals in open space, did ok but nothing sensational.

My best, in no order - Austin, Marshall, Toump, Atley, Krak, Jacko and White.

Biggie this week. Deadlegs at HQ. Broadbent probably back too - oh wait. He'll be an automatic gold pass inclusion in the Power squad. Silly me :p:p:p

Remove this Banner Ad

Back