West Coast’s potential decline this year is to our benefit?

Remove this Banner Ad

Could be the best draft hand we’ve ever had... in a year with the least possible amount of info.

We won’t know whose developed on their penultimate year. Worst possible time to have a great hand unfortunately
I heard wells talk about this about 2 months ago.
He said it's not perfect but Geelong and other clubs would already have enough data on the kids from previous years.

in my opinion you could get lucky with a wildcard pick.
But having said that, if they cut list numbers this is probably the year to have top picks if you only have room for 3 players.

Never been an advocate for tanking as I feel it has the ability to completely ruin a club, but if there’s a year to do it, it’s this one.

Play the kids, figure out which ones are any good. Hopefully Cocky gets a run at it to provide a bit of excitement, get a high draft pick ourselves and pray the Eagles continue their slump and go to the draft with a good hand.

We’re not a flag team this year, nor are we a flag team in the next five years. Just kickstart the rebuild now with a group of kids coming through together, it’s the way to go and we’ve done it before with great success.

The time to top up was 5 years ago, 4 if we’re being generous. That time is long gone now.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

He's playing like a man comfortable with his pay packet.

He is playing like a man who hasnt got Dangerfield and Selwood next to him

Posted it last year - and yesterdays game was a perfect example - he is not quick and he is an ordinary kick ( over 35 metres )

Where he is good - clever and dangerous is around the goals

He is super confident in himself - 900k a year - goes to a new club - 4-5 weeks back puts a stupid blonde rinse through his hair - would you do that a new club ?

Eagles look deadset shocking - i hope that continues and i think it will - and Cats get a great pick - plus all the other good picks for the Kelly trade

Ok it is early days - however when Kelly and Simpson ( sitting together ) at the press conference when Kelly signed - Simpson said to Kelly - its not 6 years is it - well Adam it is - and on huge way over the top money

Which we did try, IIRC.

I’m not saying we didn't, I'm saying we shouldn't do it again seeing as the cattle we do have aren't in the right age bracket. We're really young and really old at the same time, recipe for disaster if you're trying to compete for a flag.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I disagree with that. He's been pretty good in a side which has been performing a long, long way below their expectations.

Certainly far from their worst yesterday.
I reckon he's been way below what the Eagles expect for that cost

Caitlyn & the boys joined Tim in the GC hub - so wouldn't be getting much assistance from family at the moment:

This is the interesting point to me. The arguement the family often put forward to everyone was the family support in the West. Totally valid point.

So then why for 4 weeks only move away from all that support that was so lacking on Geelong and had to be sought in WA.

Just seeems odd to me - or did prioroties change

GO CAtters

I reckon he's been way below what the Eagles expect for that cost
He's got to be really happy for himself though. Good money. The hub means nothing as the in-laws can help look after the kids and keep the missus happy.
She's probs a bit of a celebrity in the WAG scene over there too.
He'd have all his old mates around him.
Not bad. Good for him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is the interesting point to me. The arguement the family often put forward to everyone was the family support in the West. Totally valid point.

So then why for 4 weeks only move away from all that support that was so lacking on Geelong and had to be sought in WA.

Just seeems odd to me - or did prioroties change

GO CAtters

Plus, they have moved into a situation where surely they actually have less support, and a s**t load more restrictions on the whole family, than when they were living in Geelong

Surely if there was ever a need to be living near family for their support & assistance, that time is now

I get that Tim is their dad and probably wants to be as involved as possible - but for this 4 week period, I would have thought being in their own home and sticking with routine would have been more beneficial than being kinda stuck in a hotel

He is playing like a man who hasnt got Dangerfield and Selwood next to him

Posted it last year - and yesterdays game was a perfect example - he is not quick and he is an ordinary kick ( over 35 metres )

Where he is good - clever and dangerous is around the goals

He is super confident in himself - 900k a year - goes to a new club - 4-5 weeks back puts a stupid blonde rinse through his hair - would you do that a new club ?

Eagles look deadset shocking - i hope that continues and i think it will - and Cats get a great pick - plus all the other good picks for the Kelly trade

Ok it is early days - however when Kelly and Simpson ( sitting together ) at the press conference when Kelly signed - Simpson said to Kelly - its not 6 years is it - well Adam it is - and on huge way over the top money
While early days I did mention a few times last year that Kelly would struggle with the Eagles set up over there plus the amount of public opinions on WCE players in the media ...it’ll only get worse if they continue to struggle

big hypothetical situation which might not happen ..say we win the flag and the eagles bottom out and we get all those juicy pics plus GC top 10 pick...can you imagine the howling if we pick up the best kids in the draft

The main board would implode

I feel like we have the best draft hand we have had in a long time, regardless of what West Coast do from here, I cant see them winning the flag. Also, we still look rickety and shouldnt go too deep in December (or whatever the plan currently is)
I'm bloody jacked off about the academies and priority access that a lot of clubs have to the best players in the draft though.
What's the point in having pick 7, if someone else can just bundle up pick 36 and 22 or whatever and take the player we want?

While early days I did mention a few times last year that Kelly would struggle with the Eagles set up over there plus the amount of public opinions on WCE players in the media ...it’ll only get worse if they continue to struggle

big hypothetical situation which might not happen ..say we win the flag and the eagles bottom out and we get all those juicy pics plus GC top 10 pick...can you imagine the howling if we pick up the best kids in the draft

The main board would implode
Even if nothing close to that happens and west coast simply miss finals we'll be accused of cheating then somehow

It’s impossible to tell this season. Three straight losses post Covid is promising but they’ve played three in form teams (Port, GCS, & Bris). It seems like those three teams are ahead of expected front runners like Col, Gee, & Rich which is unexpected.

If they get to 2-6 I’ll start getting excited but so far I think it’s just an anomaly.

Port have embraced the HUB, I think Freo have too, they've generally been having a crack. Simmo whinging on behalf of the players and club in general after only being in the HUB for a couple of weeks was very poor form, imo, sub-conciously gave the players an excuse to not show up.

He's got to be really happy for himself though. Good money. The hub means nothing as the in-laws can help look after the kids and keep the missus happy.
She's probs a bit of a celebrity in the WAG scene over there too.
He'd have all his old mates around him.
Not bad. Good for him.

The highlighted, maybe not so good, time will tell.

Plus, they have moved into a situation where surely they actually have less support, and a sh*t load more restrictions on the whole family, than when they were living in Geelong

Surely if there was ever a need to be living near family for their support & assistance, that time is now

I get that Tim is their dad and probably wants to be as involved as possible - but for this 4 week period, I would have thought being in their own home and sticking with routine would have been more beneficial than being kinda stuck in a hotel
Post and quote of the week..... Spot on...

I feel like we have the best draft hand we have had in a long time, regardless of what West Coast do from here, I cant see them winning the flag. Also, we still look rickety and shouldnt go too deep in December (or whatever the plan currently is)
I'm bloody jacked off about the academies and priority access that a lot of clubs have to the best players in the draft though.
What's the point in having pick 7, if someone else can just bundle up pick 36 and 22 or whatever and take the player we want?
Don’t get this. Just assume the academy/Father Sons are unattainable which they are. It doesn’t take a live player off the board

Remove this Banner Ad

Back