Club Focus West Coast 2021 - Petrevski-Seton, Chesser, Hough, Bazzo, Williams, Clark

AFL Club Focus

Remove this Banner Ad

Lol you obviously don’t know C4’s track record then. There’s no better source for info on BF than him. Literally none.

You're right, I have no idea about the poster, maybe you could provide some history/evidence of their track record?

Either way, I'm pretty confident that there's virtually zero chance WC trades Elliot Yeo this year

Wouldnt be worth much on the trade table. Hasnt played in 2 years and on big coin. Worth more to West Coast to stay than to leave. Youd think he would be gettable for a mid to late first at the most maybe even early 2nd

You got the bolded part right. The rest not so much.

Came back from his OP about as well as you could hope for. Played 12 games this year, averaged 22d (13 contested), 7 clearances and 5 tackles a game. With limited gametime in the first 4-5 games after 12 months out.

You got the bolded part right. The rest not so much.

Came back from his OP about as well as you could hope for. Played 12 games this year, averaged 22d (13 contested), 7 clearances and 5 tackles a game. With limited gametime in the first 4-5 games after 12 months out.
Never said he wasn't a good player pre injury but he's 28 and his groins are an issue. He's not going to fetch as much as you think on the open market

Never said he wasn't a good player pre injury but he's 28 and his groins are an issue. He's not going to fetch as much as you think on the open market

I don't think he's on the market in anyway.

I was pointing out he has come back pretty well from his OP, despite your claim he hasn't played for 2 years.

He's contracted and WC wouldn't give him up for a late 1st/early 2nd as you suggested.

Just won't happen

Reckon he’d suit Port if he’s open to leaving. Hard one to value, genuine elite mid at his best but hasn’t been at that level for two years

Wouldnt be worth much on the trade table. Hasnt played in 2 years and on big coin. Worth more to West Coast to stay than to leave. Youd think he would be gettable for a mid to late first at the most maybe even early 2nd
You’d think he’d be the complete opposite of gettable if that’s what you’re offering up.

He’s 27

West coast wouldn’t trade a contracted hometown gun unless there was a reason. That’s alarm bells for me. Is he cooked or was there a big fallout? Massive cap problems? What is it? Has to be something.

A lot of bigfooty conjecture over Yeo in the past 2 years including but not limited too:
- Not happy with his rehab program he was provided;
- Not happy with Eagles training;
- Senior list and guys on bigger paypackets asked to take paycuts to squeeze Kelly in;
- Then covid pay cuts.

He's gone from an elite midfielder on good money to sitting on the side-lines watching his pay packet get slashed twice all while being contracted.

I would say they does begin to influence one's state of mind and it could be a case of asking the question whether he needs a change of address to move past it.

I doubt anyone would or could offer a trade that we'd take. Hopefully he will stay an Eagle.

The worst thing that could happen for the Eagles is we lose quality players for chips, and then redistribute the salary to a playing group who barely showed a heartbeat all year.

I don't think he's on the market in anyway.

I was pointing out he has come back pretty well from his OP, despite your claim he hasn't played for 2 years.

He's contracted and WC wouldn't give him up for a late 1st/early 2nd as you suggested.

Just won't happen
I agree on both counts. Never said he wasnt a good player just the injury history devalues him hence hes worth far more to WCE than the open market. His last few games were ok and seemed to be trusting his body a bit more

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Yeo can perform for 25 games as a full time midfielder then he is worth a fortune. If his OP has reduced that then it's a quickly reducing trade value.
He’s worth a fortune because that’s what it’ll cost to get him

A fit Yeo is a player that every club would want. A Yeo that plays 5 games in 2 years after coming over on a monster contract and massive trade is a coach killer. Sounds like what we need either way.

A Polec 2.0?

Bring him to Carlton. We are going to try to reuinite the 'Go Home Five' under Vossy, get the band back together.

Karnezis is going to be our PR manager, Longer is going to be the ruck coach and Polec can be the 19th man for the VFL team.

If yeo was fit, why would west coast even trade him while he’s under a long contract?

The past two years on the sidelines, groin issues, reportedly on a back-ended monster contract.

The facts point to a possibility that west coast don’t want to, or can’t pay him a massive amount of their cap for the return they expect to get.

Sounds like a Tom Scully situation to me.

If yeo was fit, why would west coast even trade him while he’s under a long contract?

The past two years on the sidelines, groin issues, reportedly on a back-ended monster contract.

The facts point to a possibility that west coast don’t want to, or can’t pay him a massive amount of their cap for the return they expect to get.

Spent 1 year on the sidelines, and is on a good contract but certainly not something west coast can't afford. What facts are you speaking of? He's contracted for another 2 years and arguably our best player when fit and just got over his OP, he will not be going anywhere unless he demands to leave and west coast are fairly compensated.

Or he's not being traded and it's completely made up

Discount the first 4 games back till he was close to fully fit and he averaged 25 disposals, 5.5 tackles, 5 inside 50's and 7.4 clearances. Great above his head, 60 metre kick (good kick but not great) and he's contracted for 2 more years.

That's when getting close to fully fit, not fully fit. Was back to back club champion including in our premiership year and was overtaken for first place by Shuey in 2019 in the finals after leading the count all year.

West Coast wouldn't let him go for 2 first rounders. If he was uncontracted and a free agent then it would be a different situation. You can all froth in 2 years time about his worth.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back