Game Day West Coast Angels versus Gil's Demons - Premiers vs we-made-a-preliminariares - Battle of Wolf Creek 3am Monday morning

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fletcher25

All Australian
May 30, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
It seems like the players have this thing about “not peaking too early” and as a result, just scrape games together.

It’s as if their just waiting for September to start playing consistently well.

Dylan82

Premium Platinum
Aug 14, 2004
Brisbane
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Cardiff City
Who was put onto him last qtr?
Nelson went onto him with a complete shutdown tag after 3/4 time.

Should have been put in place before the game began, but proved enough to be the move that turned things in our favour.

With Watson and Rotham knocking on the door, Nelson deployed further up the ground in a negating role should be considered far more often.

Brer Bear

All Australian
May 13, 2016
AFL Club
West Coast
Just checking but you know this is a footy forum right? Cricket team probably gets a pass because half the board doesn't really care what they do
And the cricket thread here was pretty active and on the cricket board is extremely active. Fair bit of chest beating in other threads on this board too when things go well, but when they don't? Silence.

Godfather32

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 13, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
And the cricket thread here was pretty active and on the cricket board is extremely active. Fair bit of chest beating in other threads on this board too when things go well, but when they don't? Silence.
Meh, I think you're overstating the amount of people who care that much about cricket

Seadog

Premiership Player
Sep 16, 2004
WA
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
West Perth, West Ham
fu** off.

What in my post is wrong?

Don't want Hutchings or hurn back?
Can you see us challenging the premiership with Watson, waterman and Cole in the side?

Maybe put up some intelligent conversation instead being a ******* greeny to solve your problems
I seem to remember you going on these epic rants last year and yet we won the flag, you are hard to please to put it mildly.

Biggie

Born is pride, from isolation
Sep 28, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Subiaco, Wildcats, ESH
fu** off.

What in my post is wrong?

Don't want Hutchings or hurn back?
Can you see us challenging the premiership with Watson, waterman and Cole in the side?

Maybe put up some intelligent conversation instead being a ******* greeny to solve your problems
Perhaps a cup of green tea to relax?

Nah you’re a hard man, you’d be a Nescafé kind of guy for sure.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

LittleGreekGod

Club Legend
Dec 24, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Yeah pity we don't have a great ruck to service our mids.
Pity we don’t have Patrick Cripps
Pity we don’t have Issac Smith
Pity we don’t have Coniglio
Pity pity pity
But what do you know we are second on the ladder and once again we will play finals
Maybe the Saints are saying “Pity we have only won one premiership in 139 years”

Biggie

Sep 28, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Subiaco, Wildcats, ESH
I don't want to sound like a pessimist by all means, but the man does have some validity and I've often caught myself thinking the same thing.
This team looks tired, or as if they are just in cruise control - we have a lot of youth in the side admittedly and a few seniors out.

I think Hutchings is underrated by many on here with the quality of his shutdown work. He would of been the difference last week and we would be sitting equal first. Hurn is also a massive out, missing what will most likely be the all Australian captain is no small thing.

But going back, it was a tough game to watch and if we bring that tenacity and quality of football to finals it won't end too well.
Because you haven’t blown your top and throw the baby out with the bath water, I’ll look at from another POV. :)

We were challenged all day and the lads were down through the middle part of the game no doubt. Mids non-existent, backs in disarray.

However one could argue, in finals type intensity, the lads responded. And once again, got the victory. Besides the loss v a highly motivated Collingwood last week, when have we dropped a close game in the past 2-3 seasons?

Simpson moved Nelson onto Oliver (2nd hand info) and we shut their best mid out when it counted.

We’re missing Hutchings absolutely, but he’s due back soon. Hurn should be back. NN is a wildcard, let’s see what happens there.

We’re not “cooked” and we’re not out of it by any stretch.

Bring on Norf next week. 👍🏽

Biggie

Sep 28, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Subiaco, Wildcats, ESH
Have I missed something here? What is the point being made?

ziad

Brownlow Medallist
May 2, 2009
Sydney
AFL Club
West Coast
Positives, Hickey - the man dosnt know his limitations
Yoe in the last
JD
Nelson can tag
Watson
Shep
Jetta in the last
Reoli with some class
Ryan - but he tried too hard to steal the show

We won - I dont like tankers

Gaffy Duck

All Australian
May 12, 2019
Fight Club
AFL Club
West Coast
Very proud of the boys for bringing the 4 points home. I will forget the second quarter like they seemed to.

I said it earlier, I don’t care if we win by 1 point or 100. Melbourne threw everything at us, it was never gonna be a cakewalk, they want our blood.

We got on top when it mattered. Dicky regional grounds are our kryptonite so I’m happy :)

Take the positives when you can!

Smeg Head

Just take a bite
May 26, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
South Fremantle
AFL already positioning to suspend Barrass for the fat sniper Vineys actions.

'Midfield bull Jack Viney was ruled out at the main break with concussion in an incident that could see Tom Barrass in trouble with Match Review Officer Michael Christian. '

Biggie

Sep 28, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Subiaco, Wildcats, ESH
Point is the vitriol and abuse towards our team in these threads is disgusting and i'm just wondering why there isnt any towards the cricket team which is pretty popular here.
Ahh gotcha

Footy.

It’s the passion that makes us who we are doesn’t it?

Dazzler10

Premiership Player
Apr 30, 2015
Te Fiti
AFL Club
West Coast
Because you haven’t blown your top and throw the baby out with the bath water, I’ll look at from another POV. :)

We were challenged all day and the lads were down through the middle part of the game no doubt. Mids non-existent, backs in disarray.

However one could argue, in finals type intensity, the lads responded. And once again, got the victory. Besides the loss v a highly motivated Collingwood last week, when have we dropped a close game in the past 2-3 seasons?

Simpson moved Nelson onto Oliver (2nd hand info) and we shut their best mid out when it counted.

We’re missing Hutchings absolutely, but he’s due back soon. Hurn should be back. NN is a wildcard, let’s see what happens there.

We’re not “cooked” and we’re not out of it by any stretch.

Bring on Norf next week. 👍🏽
Well said.

Look at the current top 4. Which of them is flying at the moment? Only Brisbane, sort of. Is anyone afraid of them come September?

Top Bottom