Game Day West Coast Angels versus Gil's Demons - Premiers vs we-made-a-preliminariares - Battle of Wolf Creek 3am Monday morning

Remove this Banner Ad

I dont know if the MRO can go with the old line " he chose to bump " when viney initiated the bump . Barrass has a right to brace for a late act of sniping .

I agree. Viney initiated contact after Barrass disposed of the ball, so from what I gathered from the rules on the day, the umpire should have given Lewis a shot for goal 5m out.

Nelson went onto him with a complete shutdown tag after 3/4 time.

Should have been put in place before the game began, but proved enough to be the move that turned things in our favour.

With Watson and Rotham knocking on the door, Nelson deployed further up the ground in a negating role should be considered far more often.

Ive been saying this for a while. Nelson is a decent player and when Hutchings is out Nelson should tag. He's bigger and faster than Hutch and has mongrel in him. Still remember Nelson's first game cant remember the opponent but they came into the gsme with a sore shoukder or ribs. Pre bou ce Nelson is whacking him with an elbow right where he was sore.

So much campaigner in that action.

I agree. Viney initiated contact after Barrass disposed of the ball, so from what I gathered from the rules on the day, the umpire should have given Lewis a shot for goal 5m out.

What I gathered from the rules of the day was that umpires can change interpretations mid game.

Some decisions both ways were baffling.

Couldn’t watch the game so I read this thread before checking the result for a bit of fun. and it did not disappoint. Gotta say, thought we were down by 40 by about page 30 though so good comeback by our guys :p

Because you haven’t blown your top and throw the baby out with the bath water, I’ll look at from another POV. :)

We were challenged all day and the lads were down through the middle part of the game no doubt. Mids non-existent, backs in disarray.

However one could argue, in finals type intensity, the lads responded. And once again, got the victory. Besides the loss v a highly motivated Collingwood last week, when have we dropped a close game in the past 2-3 seasons?

Simpson moved Nelson onto Oliver (2nd hand info) and we shut their best mid out when it counted.

We’re missing Hutchings absolutely, but he’s due back soon. Hurn should be back. NN is a wildcard, let’s see what happens there.

We’re not “cooked” and we’re not out of it by any stretch.

Bring on Norf next week. 👍🏽

That's reasonable way to look at it I suppose - there was a response when it did count. Perhaps there is a slight frustration that we still haven't put in a four quarter effort this year either. Either way, what I love about this forum is the ability to have an open discussion. Appreciate the response and on wards to next week. :)

Having looked at the Barrass incident properly now, I can't see how Tom could be in trouble. Viney elects to bump him and knocks himself out, Barrass just braced for the impact.

So he'll undoubtedly be handed 3 weeks.
+ We more than likely get to see David Grace QC back in action.

- You know he’s gone for a week because Viney couldn’t come back on.

+ We more than likely get to see David Grace QC back in action.

- You know he’s gone for a week because Viney couldn’t come back on.
Yeah clearly. He will undoubtedly be in trouble because of that, but it baffles me that he could be suspended because someone else ran into his shoulder.

By that logic, whoever DV ran into when he got concussed should've been rubbed out.

. Either way, what I love about this forum is the ability to have an open discussion.

There are a few that think their opinions are worth more than anything in this board. Disagree and they spit the dummy and start a Lynch mob.
Figure09 was extreme but his main error was disagreeing with the status quo of these egos in this board and having a different opinion. Once he did that it was all downhill from there.
The main thing is that if people disagree, are a little pessimistic, think that certain players shouldn't be playing or go against these peoples opinions these egomaniacs go into attack mode and start the tar and feather crew to run them out of the board.

Well I say a big * you to those egomaniacs of which biggie is one of them.

Everyone has their right to an opinion and to express is on a civil way. Nothing in my post was uncivil, just my opinion based on information I have that I shared yesterday.

The whole squad has been sent for lower leg scans and many have been found to have stress fractures including Liam Ryan.

This is affecting our performance on game day. Hence my comment about being cooked. There are underdone players like Kennedy and others that aren't putting in and the team hasn't put in a four quarter effort all year bar maybe the second derby.

If biggie can't handle this opinion which is based in facts then he can go * himself.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There are a few that think their opinions are worth more than anything in this board. Disagree and they spit the dummy and start a Lynch mob.
Figure09 was extreme but his main error was disagreeing with the status quo of these egos in this board and having a different opinion. Once he did that it was all downhill from there.
The main this is that if people disagree, are a little pessimistic, think that certain players shouldn't be playing these egomaniacs go into attack mode and start the tar and feather crew to run them out of the board.

Well I say a big fu** you to those egomaniacs of which biggie is one of them.

Everyone had their right to an opinion and to express is on a civil way. Nothing in my post was uncivil, just my opinion based on information I have that I shared yesterday.

The whole squad has been sent for lower leg scans and have been found to have stress fractures including Liam Ryan.

This is affecting our performance on game day. Hence my comment about being cooked. There are underdone players like Kennedy and others that aren't putting in and the team hasn't put in a four quarter effort all year bar maybe the second derby.

If biggie can't handle this opinion which is based in facts then he can go fu** himself.
tenor.gif

The main thing is that if people disagree, are a little pessimistic, think that certain players shouldn't be playing or go against these peoples opinions these egomaniacs go into attack mode and start the tar and feather crew to run them out of the board.

Well I say a big fu** you to those egomaniacs of which biggie is one of them.

Everyone has their right to an opinion and to express is on a civil way. Nothing in my post was uncivil, just my opinion based on information I have that I shared yesterday.

The whole squad has been sent for lower leg scans and many have been found to have stress fractures including Liam Ryan.

If biggie can't handle this opinion which is based in facts then he can go fu** himself.
Turn it up.

Fig having an opinion with a debate, that's absolute boor sheet.

Throwing a one liner, and end of the world comment, going back to 2005, and possibly earlier.

Not engaging in any way shape or form.

Only here when we lose and the disappears when we win. How will we ever forget the routine, "we should be more like Freo".

Good riddance

As sponsor you need to provide us with a GIF

This is him just after the hitout taunting Gawn.
I'm sure I heard him say something about ruckcraft

iu

I wonder if we can really play Petrucelle and Cameron in the same team (assuming we have Ryan & Rioli also playing).

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back