West Coast are now Australia's biggest club.

PremiershipTigers

The Yellow and Black Dynasty Awaits
Apr 20, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
Premiership year is the year clubs receive $1m prize money from the AFL.
The financial year for AFL clubs start Oct. 1, so that prize money goes into the next year's profits - along with all the extra revenue from increased merch and membership sales.
Richmond sold $6m worth or premiership merch alone in the months following the GF win.

Jun 30, 2009
Deroesfromgero
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
east perth
Bullshit they didn't get a say
Our state is currently tens of billions in the hole - there are a lot in wa who were against building a stadium at all.

The premier was voted out on the back of that debt.

Politically it made a lot more sense to build a stadium in two stages - 60k now - expandable later - than in one lot as the finances just werent there.

jatz14

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 13, 2011
WA
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Perth Glory W-League
Bullshit they didn't get a say
Well, in that sense, everybody got a say. Do you think the reason the government didn't spend the few hundred million or so it would take to make sure it was only at 60 - 70% capacity every second weekend was because the Eagles said so?

Look no further than last weekend's Dockers game for the reason why.

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

PremiershipTigers

The Yellow and Black Dynasty Awaits
Apr 20, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
Our state is currently tens of billions in the hole - there are a lot in wa who were against building a stadium at all.

The premier was voted out on the back of that debt.

Politically it made a lot more sense to build a stadium in two stages - 60k now - expandable later - than in one lot as the finances just werent there.
Not to say all any of that is false, but they would have definitely consulted with the 2 main tenants of the stadium before construction

Jun 16, 2015
Reservoir
AFL Club
Richmond
Halfway through the season and Tigers average crowd is more than West Coast's highest crowd of the year which was against guess who? Lol.

The whole "West Coast will be a monster when the new Perth stadium is finished" myth has been put to bed this year. Pretty funny that they're nowhere near the mark with the same old Vic juggernauts dominating the crowd as usual. Not to mention West Coast are on top of the ladder and still can't fill their stadium.

Those above mentioned posters can come and get their humble pie now.:p

upload_2018-6-4_11-31-50.png

Lol SgtSchulz this is 2018 Rezza Tiger telling you Richmond are the biggest drawing club by a mile in 2018

upload_2018-6-4_11-32-47.png

By the way where can I apply for the Nostradamus job? :p

Jul 2, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Carlton
The financial year for AFL clubs start Oct. 1, so that prize money goes into the next year's profits - along with all the extra revenue from increased merch and membership sales.
Richmond sold $6m worth or premiership merch alone in the months following the GF win.

Prize money is generally accounted for before October 1. Unless Richmond are doing something different to every other club in the league that has ever won, which wouldnt surprise me in the slightest.

Jul 2, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Carlton
Halfway through the season and Tigers average crowd is more than West Coast's highest crowd of the year which was against guess who? Lol.

The whole "West Coast will be a monster when the new Perth stadium is finished" myth has been put to bed this year. Pretty funny that they're nowhere near the mark with the same old Vic juggernauts dominating the crowd as usual. Not to mention West Coast are on top of the ladder and still can't fill their stadium.

Lets see. Richmonds average is entirely built on its season opening 90,000 and its 70,000 against Hawthorn. 5 or 6 games into a season isnt enough to call this "myth" anything.

DhdwHWL.png

Aug 14, 2011
Trafalgar
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Mclaren Mercedes F1

Those above mentioned posters can come and get their humble pie now.:p

View attachment 506875

Lol SgtSchulz this is 2018 Rezza Tiger telling you Richmond are the biggest drawing club by a mile in 2018

View attachment 506877

By the way where can I apply for the Nostradamus job? :p

You been drinking your own urine?

jatz14

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 13, 2011
WA
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Perth Glory W-League
We will beat youby season end with consistency.

You wont see us drop to 32000 against brisbane etc - it will be consistently above 50000.
This.
Support is best measured by attendance for the worst home games. The poorly supported, poorly drawing interstate teams. In this, Eagles top Richmond comfortably.

Jun 16, 2015
Reservoir
AFL Club
Richmond
We will beat youby season end with consistency.

You wont see us drop to 32000 against brisbane etc - it will be consistently above 50000.

Your last home game against Brisbane drew 32K. Good one genius :drunk:

Lets revisit this one end of year too. This is as good as your crowds are gonna get. Wait until the new stadium novelty wears off and your sitting down the ladder.

jatz14

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 13, 2011
WA
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Perth Glory W-League

Lets revisit this one end of year too. This is as good as your crowds are gonna get. Wait until the new stadium novelty wears off and your sitting down the ladder.
If you are seen to stretch to far to make a point, it undermines your argument. Remember the old adage, its best to remain quite and be thought stupid than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.
You have removed all doubt.
Brisbane drew 8k below capacity, thats 52K at the new stadium. We will get below 50k crowds, but rarely, and not any time soon, and certainly not this year genius. So, if you arent prepared to revisit this at the end of the year, I am sure some of us will be prepared to do it for you.

Jun 16, 2015
Reservoir
AFL Club
Richmond
Brisbane drew 8k below capacity, thats 52K at the new stadium.

Going by your logic then the North v GWS game in Hobart last week that drew 10K below capacity would have drawn 90K at the MCG :drunk:

If you are seen to stretch to far to make a point, it undermines your argument. Remember the old adage, its best to remain quite and be thought stupid than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.
You have removed all doubt.

Some of those "old adages" are overrated but I'll raise you "in for a penny in for a pound". Who cares about the difference between being thought or confirmed stupid? Might as well give them a gob full rather than stay quiet. That's more fun. Must have been a stupid person who came up with that one.:drunk:

Sorry Jatz you tried hard to look intelligent but this is Bigfooty, you're out of your depth here champ - one might say you stretched too far make your point ;)

Jun 30, 2009
Deroesfromgero
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
east perth

You realise the waiting list to join as a member is still capped at 5 years dont you?

You realise the difference between our worst and our best seasons attendance wise is very low - ie in our wooden spoon year it was 35k average attendance in our 2015 tilt at the flag it was 36000.

What so many victorians who have never lived here just dont get is that its a two town state who are mad about footy

My dad has had season tix since day dot and in a s**t year - against a s**t team - if he goes on holidays people will fight over his tickets like seagulls over a chip - and that was at subi - now we have the new stadium its even more so.

Because the old stadium was sold out - there is a whole generation who have barely seen a game live - who are happy for anything.

We dont have a 100k stadium - thats half empty and people are people - they want what they cant have and conversely if they can have it any time it becomes meh

Jun 16, 2015
Reservoir
AFL Club
Richmond
You realise the waiting list to join as a member is still capped at 5 years dont you?

You realise the difference between our worst and our best seasons attendance wise is very low - ie in our wooden spoon year it was 35k average attendance in our 2015 tilt at the flag it was 36000.

What so many victorians who have never lived here just dont get is that its a two town state who are mad about footy

My dad has had season tix since day dot and in a s**t year - against a s**t team - if he goes on holidays people will fight over his tickets like seagulls over a chip - and that was at subi - now we have the new stadium its even more so.

Because the old stadium was sold out - there is a whole generation who have barely seen a game live - who are happy for anything.

We dont have a 100k stadium - thats half empty and people are people - they want what they cant have and conversely if they can have it any time it becomes meh

Well at least this is a bit more insightful. I've been to games in Perth and wouldn't disagree with anything above. There is so much competing entertainment in Melbourne not too mention the 9 other teams.

Do they hold over tickets for oppo supporters as I can't recall ever having a problem getting tickets for games at Subi?

jatz14

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 13, 2011
WA
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Perth Glory W-League
Well at least this is a bit more insightful. I've been to games in Perth and wouldn't disagree with anything above. There is so much competing entertainment in Melbourne not too mention the 9 other teams.

Do they hold over tickets for oppo supporters as I can't recall ever having a problem getting tickets for games at Subi?
Some I believe, but not a lot. As above, and the point I was making is, even when there is a low crowd, most of those empty seats at an Eagles game are paid for. They are members seats who didn't turn up, and didn't make their seat available for anyone else.

I have been to Optus twice this year, haven't been to Subi in years, because the games I wanted to see, you couldn't get tickets, and when you could, the seats were rubbish. I stopped even trying to get a seat. I know plenty of Eagles supporters in the same boat, hadn't watched live in years, didn't see the point being on a wait list to get a membership. There is huge unmet demand.

In a perfect market, where all seats were freely available and the process transparent, every Eagles game would be a sell out.

Melbourne has a game attending culture, because relatively cheap tickets are available relatively easily for most games.

Years of being the most supported team in a 2 team city, with a stadium limited to 40k has turned WA into a culture of watching on TV. It's going to take time until people relearn the habit of getting a ticket and popping down to the game.

Comparing Subi crowds with MCG crowds is pointless and misleading. A crowd 8k below capacity didn't mean everyone who would have gone was there, it means the Eagles process for making unwanted tickets available is poor, and people tend not to use it anyway.

Even at Optus, I am pretty sure if the stadium was 70k for the Richmond game, there would have 67k there.

It's why I said 32 at Subi = 52 at Optus. Most of those missing 8k are members, they will still be missing at Optus, but most of the 10 K non members tickets will go.

You can quote crowds all you like, but if a duplicate of the MCG was sitting in Perth, most of the crowd differences between Tigers and Eagles would disappear, and the remaining difference would be largely due to Carlton, Collingwood and Essendon being Richmonds derby games, and all the Eagles have is Freo.

Oct 3, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
West Perth
Some I believe, but not a lot. As above, and the point I was making is, even when there is a low crowd, most of those empty seats at an Eagles game are paid for. They are members seats who didn't turn up, and didn't make their seat available for anyone else.

I have been to Optus twice this year, haven't been to Subi in years, because the games I wanted to see, you couldn't get tickets, and when you could, the seats were rubbish. I stopped even trying to get a seat. I know plenty of Eagles supporters in the same boat, hadn't watched live in years, didn't see the point being on a wait list to get a membership. There is huge unmet demand.

In a perfect market, where all seats were freely available and the process transparent, every Eagles game would be a sell out.

Melbourne has a game attending culture, because relatively cheap tickets are available relatively easily for most games.

Years of being the most supported team in a 2 team city, with a stadium limited to 40k has turned WA into a culture of watching on TV. It's going to take time until people relearn the habit of getting a ticket and popping down to the game.

Comparing Subi crowds with MCG crowds is pointless and misleading. A crowd 8k below capacity didn't mean everyone who would have gone was there, it means the Eagles process for making unwanted tickets available is poor, and people tend not to use it anyway.

Even at Optus, I am pretty sure if the stadium was 70k for the Richmond game, there would have 67k there.

It's why I said 32 at Subi = 52 at Optus. Most of those missing 8k are members, they will still be missing at Optus, but most of the 10 K non members tickets will go.

You can quote crowds all you like, but if a duplicate of the MCG was sitting in Perth, most of the crowd differences between Tigers and Eagles would disappear, and the remaining difference would be largely due to Carlton, Collingwood and Essendon being Richmonds derby games, and all the Eagles have is Freo.

If the Eagles had a decent seat resale program then more people would use it, when I say decent they should give you back 80% of the value of the ticket. But as they don’t and only give you like 15% of the value then many won’t worry about it. If there is one thing I can’t stand is any organisation double dipping on something, the Eagles do this and I for one will never use the seat resale program.

Back