Review West Coast defeats Witches Hats

Remove this Banner Ad

We won one of 4 quarters. That's fairly typical of ordinary sides that come up against better sides. They're only able to gain the ascendancy for short stretches. It just doesn't last.

Our game plan confuses me. At one extreme is the slow, short chipping game. We've never been that good at that style, and this year's no different. It plays into the hands of our opponents. At the other extreme is run and gun, and even there we're in the habit of making a stuff-up somewhere along the chain.

We fall in the master of none category.

31956972_10156014882076195_6776741391247605760_n.jpg

Glad you liked it Chad... I certainly didn't.

Our skills are horrendous under pressure, but even when the pressure is off, they make shocking errors. Amon is one of the worst kicks in the side. Pittard had a terrible game yesterday. Boak loves to deliver the hospital handball. Ebert is turnover prone by foot in the back half.

There are very few players on this team that I trust to make a clean disposal, even under no pressure.

But pressure is the name of the modern day VFL these days. If you can't handle pressure, it doesn't matter how good your skills may be, because you are rendered useless.

Liked for reference to VFL as opposed to VFL

Is anyone else feeling basically emotionless watching us play this year? As soon as we get a few goals behind it's so obvious what's about to transpire. Fast losing interest in this sport.

Is anyone else feeling basically emotionless watching us play this year? As soon as we get a few goals behind it's so obvious what's about to transpire. Fast losing interest in this sport.
Both at AFL & SANFL level it's hard to watch.

Academy side is pointless to watch this year too due to the other clubs robbing all our talent. They'll get 60-100 point beltings all year.

Why dont our mids love the contest? What are we doing to them that makes them regularly lose against tough opponents? They cant handle hard nosed opponents.

I don’t know Macca but doesn’t look good for next week nor against any other top six team.
Surely some questions need to be asked of Voss.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Well that was more or less a disaster.

I actually thought we started pretty well in that first quarter. Our biggest problem was that we turned the footy over like that was the aim of the game and West Coast made us pay full price on the scoreboard with some very efficient attacking play.

The second quarter and most of the third quarter we just got smashed. Smashed out of the middle, smashed in the contest. That's where the game was lost. We came back and didn't give up (to our credit) but it was always too little, too late. It's funny because the way we played late, all over them with our run, was how I expected the game to go when they lost Jetta and Sheed during the week and then Shuey early in the game. Pity it took us nearly three quarters to get our hands on the footy.

Umpiring shambolic but let's not go there.

Thought Polec, Boak and R.Gray did ok. Motlop tried hard to create.

Dixon officially has the yips. Was never a bad kick until that final last year. Hasn't recovered mentally.

Pittard was particularly awful.

Liked AJ's game a lot, but he does seem to be the latest example of this board's 'shiny new toy' syndrome.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We won one of 4 quarters. That's fairly typical of ordinary sides that come up against better sides. They're only able to gain the ascendancy for short stretches. It just doesn't last.

Our game plan confuses me. At one extreme is the slow, short chipping game. We've never been that good at that style, and this year's no different. It plays into the hands of our opponents. At the other extreme is run and gun, and even there we're in the habit of making a stuff-up somewhere along the chain.

We fall in the master of none category.
Poor skills, kills every time.

Actually sums up Chad's apparent attitude...i almost get the impression both Chad and Port could consider parting company...he could revitalise his footy and Port would get great compensation. Wouldn't be the first time this has happened.
Rather * hinks off first

Well that was more or less a disaster.

I actually thought we started pretty well in that first quarter. Our biggest problem was that we turned the footy over like that was the aim of the game and West Coast made us pay full price on the scoreboard with some very efficient attacking play.

The second quarter and most of the third quarter we just got smashed. Smashed out of the middle, smashed in the contest. That's where the game was lost. We came back and didn't give up (to our credit) but it was always too little, too late. It's funny because the way we played late, all over them with our run, was how I expected the game to go when they lost Jetta and Sheed during the week and then Shuey early in the game. Pity it took us nearly three quarters to get our hands on the footy.

Umpiring shambolic but let's not go there.

Thought Polec, Boak and R.Gray did ok. Motlop tried hard to create.

Dixon officially has the yips. Was never a bad kick until that final last year. Hasn't recovered mentally.

Pittard was particularly awful.

Liked AJ's game a lot, but he does seem to be the latest example of this board's 'shiny new toy' syndrome.
AJ has and plays with attitude which i like...the main reason it turned around was because the coach lined up our fwd 50 with 6 yes that's right 6 players...such a novel idea and guess what WE had players to kick to and their defenders were under pressure...at least 1 on 1

AJ has and plays with attitude which i like...the main reason it turned around was because the coach lined up our fwd 50 with 6 yes that's right 6 players...such a novel idea and guess what WE had players to kick to and their defenders were under pressure...at least 1 on 1

We did that last year to get back in the game against them over there. Will be back to the same old kicking to no one again next week.

How do Adelaide have inferior talent to us? they have 6 All Australians, most of them in the last 2 years and they are in form and Jacobs was stiff to not get in ahead of Ryder given he beat Ryder both times in the showdowns last year and they have players who perform in big games and win them.

Our players rack up big numbers against the cellar dweller and Champion Data over rate them because thats how the numbers land.

You got a like from Satan's Slag for this. Do you feel dirty?

Boak said there will be a scathing review for this game.

Yeah cool m8. We've heard it all before.
Boak is the ultimate spin man. I honestly think decent bloke, stunning charity work and gives good effort game day. But has questionable hunger...and is generally a flaccid captain. The guy is past his best...way past

Remove this Banner Ad

Back