West Coast Eagles 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

The list is fine, the players simply are not hungry and don't buy in completely. It is on bad days that you judge footy sides and we are horrible on our bad days. Good sides have bad days but still do enough to win against average sides and may just lose to other good sides but still always have a red hot crack.

I think we are a pretty soft outfit, not willing to get their hands dirty and finishing in finals keeps the money coming in and thats good enough.

Our clubs moto is Family first footy second, naturally family is always important and no football club needs to even mention family. They are paid to play football and that means football first and they clearly show it's not overly important to them time after time.

Won in 2018 and have had two failed footy seasons in a row, this group set their own bar and have failed since. Some members and fans may be happy with it but it's two B grade seasons as far as I am concerned.

The greatest thing that could ever happen to the West Coast eagles is for Fremantle to become a powerhouse and become the big brother, until that happens the Eagles will never find that ruthless edge required to be the best over a period of years and not just one season.

Prediction, we could finish between 1st and 8th. Likely 5th to 8th simply as they are soft.

Let's hope their aren't any hubs again because they were absolutely putrid in them. Worst team to embrace the hubs by far and they got lucky and got to play a lot of games at home in the end. They could learn a bit from teams like Port or Richmond who embraced it.

Also Darling's first 5 games of the year were the worst I've seen of any footballer ever.

I will judge their season based purely on their draw.

How long is Yeo out for?
He's a key driver I think
That is one of the biggest questions and it wont be answered for some time. Last I heard, they are hoping it will heal without going under the knife, but if it doesn't and an op is required then he may miss most of the season.
I think our team more than most, rely on having our best 22 on the field. Our top line is elite, our bottom 6 has been improved in the trade period but we drop away very sharply once some injuries happen in the midfield.
Keep our midfield fit and get Yeo back, we should be top 4 and a good shot at a flag. Get long term outs in the midfield and probably 5 to 8 and not that damaging in the finals.
Our game plan is another issue that hopefully will be addressed. It works well when conditions allow but we really need to develop other styles of play to revert to when conditions dont allow.

On talent alone we should be a strong top 4 chance. My faith has taken a bit of a battering considering some of the inconsistent or downright weak efforts in the past 2 years. If we find the 2018 hunger again we can win the flag, but don't count on it. 5th place would be my pick at this stage, again.

They’ve got the cattle but they can’t travel. They’ve got a top 2-3 team on paper but always seem to fluff a crucial game and finish 5th. From there their inability to travel rules them out of contention. The one year they put it together interstate they won the flag.

2015: Runner up
2016: 7th
2017: 6th
2018: Premiers
2019: 6th
2020: 7th

They’re better than that

Eagles mentally soft when it counts. Couldn't deal with covid hub, couldn't even get into top 4 with 6 straight games at home in a shortened season, tried their hardest to buy home games, then got knocked off by 8th at home after resting there for 2 weeks with the Pies essentially flying in and out. Even in 2019, they got smashed by a 9th place Hawks at home in the final round, knocking them out of top 4 and flushing their premiership hopes away.

They'll still win the majority of their games at Optus next year, but can't see them doing much damage otherwise. Should finish about 6th if they're lucky.

Cant argue with the mentally soft call. That is just the way they swing it seems, especially when the media start talking them up.

So happy for the media and flog posters to talk them down and sink the boot in. Its almost like reverse phycology. So keep it up please.

Looking forward to playing and beating Richmond in WA, it's been quite a while since the pampered Tigers had much of a difficult interstate challenge. Funny thing is that had the Eagles beat the Tigers last season we finish top 4 and they finish 5th.

End of the day they will be there about. They certainly won't be spending 30 years as the joke of the competition between flags.

If they don't win the premiership the good people of W.A will call it a ''conspiracy of the east'' and set in motion new grounds for another secession movement.
They will gain their independence from tyranny and oppression so help them God!

The mining wealth is all theirs by birth right. Theirs theirs theirs theirs theirs theirs theirs!

The first major project the newly independent country of ''The peoples democratic republic of Western Australia'' will undertake is to build a mighty stadium 3 times the size of the MCG. It will be named Bloodbath Arena and in between AFL games it will be used like the ancient colosseums of Rome, where foreigners captured from the east are pitted in mortal combat against ferocious native animals like..

View attachment 1021994

I'd pay to see that. Try and take their food away and they can turn on you quick!!

And - it would be nice if the mining wealth was ours and not taken taken taken taken by the bludgers over East.

I see people just couldn't wait to get in here and start chatting about west coast 2021. They'll be struggling to improve on last years performance, maybe drop further down the ladder, because they won't be winning two derbies.
There, there little fella.

Let it all out, let it aaaaaaall out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Eagles mentally soft when it counts.
You fair dinkum?.....They’ve been a consistently strong club for a long time who won a premiership only 2 years ago ( from 5 goals down nonetheless), they will once again be amongst it when the whips are cracking this coming season....I personally see them replacing Brisbane in the top 4.

I'd pay to see that. Try and take their food away and they can turn on you quick!!

And - it would be nice if the mining wealth was ours and not taken taken taken taken by the bludgers over East.
Bludgers? Where do you think your food comes from? WA would starve without the food bowls of the eastern states

Cant argue with the mentally soft call. That is just the way they swing it seems, especially when the media start talking them up.

So happy for the media and flog posters to talk them down and sink the boot in. Its almost like reverse phycology. So keep it up please.

Looking forward to playing and beating Richmond in WA, it's been quite a while since the pampered Tigers had much of a difficult interstate challenge. Funny thing is that had the Eagles beat the Tigers last season we finish top 4 and they finish 5th.

End of the day they will be there about. They certainly won't be spending 30 years as the joke of the competition between flags.
When did tigers last play v eagles Perth?

I reckon the finals loss will sort them out. Going out in the first week means there is no sweeping the failure under the carpet. Had we won and run Geelong close the next week, it would be easy to say it was just bad luck and next year they will take the next half step and get there. Instead, it is clear that an overhaul is needed.

The squad is fine and has the talent to compete with any team. The gameplan needs tweaking, as it doesn't have enough room for error. The players also need to get their hunger back, hopefully the senior players realise this is their last shot and motivate the others to perform.

Finishing 7th helps as it puts us in the middle part of the draw in terms of difficulty.

How long is Yeo out for?
He's a key driver I think

Certainly is. He's a pretty good player anyway, but he's not that good a kick or clearance winner or goal kicker etc. His intensity around the contest is what we miss. Led the comp in tackles in 2019 and was third in 2018, and he's not just a guy who accumulates nothing tackles around repeat stoppages - hunts the contest and tackles hard. When he's not there the others seem to drop off a bit.

You fair dinkum?.....They’ve been a consistently strong club for a long time who won a premiership only 2 years ago ( from 5 goals down nonetheless), they will once again be amongst it when the whips are cracking this coming season....I personally see them replacing Brisbane in the top 4.
I am. As I posted, last couple of seasons they've fallen all over themselves in a heap when it counts. Sure they were great in 2018 and deservedly won, but have lacked the drive and mental toughness to back it up from there.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back