West Coast Eagles 2021

Aug 4, 2003
WA
AFL Club
West Coast
All im reading here and most other eagle supporters posts are excuses.
Clearly just setting themselves for an "out " , in case they lose .
Quite sad really

Ok...

What part about what I said about the Fremantle game was an excuse?

I didn’t think the Eagles would win because Freo would get on top in the middle and Mundy would be BOG?

The rest of the stuff I said related to the rest of the season - this is a ‘West Coast 2021’ trolling/gloating thread after all, not the Derby preview thread.

Vaccination

Senior List
Oct 29, 2020
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
San Jose Sharks
All im reading here and most other eagle supporters posts are excuses.
Clearly just setting themselves for an "out " , in case they lose .
Quite sad really

My reply was directed at a Freo fan who implied that their injuries were worse than ours. I agreed with him on how crap the Eagles have been away from home this and last year. That injury discussion is a separate discussion from the game on Sunday.
Have tipped Freo though cause their midfield looks deadly compared to how disorganised ours was last week.

Aug 14, 2011
Trafalgar
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Mclaren Mercedes F1
Meh - the injuries hurt but the Eagles are better than last week’s effort.

I expect Freo to win this week, I don’t think it’ll be 100 points but can’t see the Eagles winning in the middle. Mundy for the Glendinning-Waterhouse Medal.

SeasonI don’t expect to see Yeo or Shuey until probably Round 15-20, so will be down to the mids to rediscover the form they showed against Port (with Shuey playing 60% ground time) and Collingwood (with less success).

Missing Liam Ryan badly too - Cripps has been down this year and the other small forwards have battled - we are actually going to rush Petrucelle back into the team for the Derby. That’s how hard up we are.

Potential to go belly up is very high.

Your opinion of Cripps is widely held, but if you look at tackles* he stands out as the forward pressure. We are missing Liam Ryan & Petrucelle isnt going to provide that pressure. Cant tell you how, BUT we need to rejig the forward line, good as it is when firing, just not firing enough.

AFL Tables - 2021 Stats - Player Lists

Apr 25, 2012
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
stirling senators
Big in for West Corp this week ..... HOFer Dean Margetts to make his triumphant return

Sent from my iPad using BigFooty.com

Bigger in is the crowd capacity set at 75% for this upcoming Eagles home game.
Fremantle had two more home games with crowds last year than the Eagles did so these things tend to even themselves out.

Last edited:
Nov 30, 2018
AFL Club
Fremantle
Bigger in with the crowd capacity set at 75% for this upcoming Eagles home game.
Fremantle had two more home games with crowds last year than the Eagles did so these things tend to even themselves out.
45000 supporters and potentially no Cox or Luke Ryan... I’d say this week’s game has swung back in West Coast’s favour.

Vaccination

Senior List
Oct 29, 2020
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
San Jose Sharks
45000 supporters and potentially no Cox or Luke Ryan... I’d say this week’s game has swung back in West Coast’s favour.

This game should be high scoring given both teams defenses have been decimated in the past week.

Bigger

Club Legend
Nov 9, 2001
East Fremantle
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
need to take a good look at themselves
Calm down, tigger. The longest streak of wins against West Coast belongs to Fremantle, when we owned their corpulent arses between 2007 and 2010. The only things they were blowing away then were nasal septums.

Apr 10, 2004
perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
49ers, Liverpool
Seems to be a good Eagles v Freo s**t fight going on.

Freo have had about the best fixture one could hope for so far. Eagles hasn't been the best, sure we played a few bottom teams but have played 3 of the top 4 already.

Next 6 games Freo might be favourites to win in only 1, Eagles probably not favourites to win in only 1.

If we can get through with 5 from 6 in the next period and get the list healthy, then we play Tigers and Dogs in consecutive weeks at home and may be right back in the top 4 mix.

Our best 22 can win the flag. The list falls away pretty quickly after that. Would need everything to go right from here, but as I said our next period could set us up nicely.

refresh

Club Legend
May 5, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
fremantle
If Eagle supporters aren't complaining about umpires, they are complaining about injuries as if they are the only side in the competition with injuries. With such an aging list of course injuries will be disproportionately to the older players who happen to be their better players. Lack of upcoming depth is the issue here. Their entitlement knows no bounds.

Vaccination

Senior List
Oct 29, 2020
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
San Jose Sharks
If Eagle supporters aren't complaining about umpires, they are complaining about injuries as if they are the only side in the competition with injuries. With such an aging list of course injuries will be disproportionately to the older players who happen to be their better players. Lack of upcoming depth is the issue here. Their entitlement knows no bounds.

No need to start insulting an entire fanbase. Injuries occur to all players of all age demographics, and while you are more susceptible to injuries as you age, the rate at which that changes isn't anywhere near radical enough to merit a significant rise in injuries (I'd imagine if you compare Geelong's injury list over the past couple of years to Gold Coast you wouldn't fine nearly enough deviation).
Agree about Eagles not having depth as pretty much any Eagle fan would.
Whilst some Eagles fans can be entitled that applies to a section of fans in every clubs fanbase, so no need to stereotype us in that regard.

bh90210fan

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 4, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Try scrolling up matey. Only 2 full days before the first bounce.

Last edited:

Wilksyy

Tab on a 🦀
Aug 26, 2018
Fremantle
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
East Freo, Leeds Utd
Quality thread.

love the rope-a-dope calls. So I’ll make one

“I expect Eagles to win, easy. Be absolutely shocked if they lose. Massive upset, the biggest, huge.”

Last edited:
Back