West Coast Eagles 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

May 5, 2006
AFL Club
West Coast
Hawthorn will beat us next week because away.

Pure and simple really.

They'll he tougher at the ball and we'll go back to our usual away shtick.

Hope we win but yeah.

On SM-G925I using BigFooty.com mobile app

If Hawthorn beat us it will have nothing to do with venue, it will be due to tactics. Clarkson will work out a strategy he thinks can beat us, and if we don't adapt we will lose. Even with players out we will have a stronger 22 but they have players capable of winning centre clearances. Our biggest issue has been teams taking away centre square dominance and then capitalising on our lax pressure around the ground.

May 5, 2006
AFL Club
West Coast
Tom Morris is half right on Fox. It's true, no one learned much about WC today. 10 goal win, but we've played better footy against better opposition this year.

What we need to do is back it up week to week and cut out the quarters and halves where we just go to sleep. Right now we are 4-0 at home and 0-3 away which is an easy 'hur hur can't win away from Perf' headline but we've played 3 finalists from last year away and 2 at home. If you watched the WB game or the first half of the St Kilda game you wouldn't call WC a team that can't play away from Optus Stadium.

May 2, 2006
Brisbane
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
East Fremantle
Tom Morris is half right on Fox. It's true, no one learned much about WC today. 10 goal win, but we've played better footy against better opposition this year.

What we need to do is back it up week to week and cut out the quarters and halves where we just go to sleep. Right now we are 4-0 at home and 0-3 away which is an easy 'hur hur can't win away from Perf' headline but we've played 3 finalists from last year away and 2 at home. If you watched the WB game or the first half of the St Kilda game you wouldn't call WC a team that can't play away from Optus Stadium.
True but realistically, we should've won both those games.

Dec 20, 2014
Hong Kong
AFL Club
West Coast

It was really the fade-out against the Saints that made the difference.

If we'd won that, as we should have, we'd be 5-2 and in reasonable shape despite the flogging in Geelong, with the draw opening up and key players to come back.

Sep 21, 2004
Adel - SA - Aust - Earth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Norwood & Liverpool.
If Hawthorn beat us it will have nothing to do with venue, it will be due to tactics. Clarkson will work out a strategy he thinks can beat us, and if we don't adapt we will lose. Even with players out we will have a stronger 22 but they have players capable of winning centre clearances. Our biggest issue has been teams taking away centre square dominance and then capitalising on our lax pressure around the ground.
If Hawthorn beat us all that will matter is the venue.

100% all that will be reported on.

Yes tactics etc will do it but no one will care about that.

Dec 20, 2014
Hong Kong
AFL Club
West Coast
the lack of self awareness of freo supporters is next level

you support freo but you try and troll a real club like West Coast

delusional
It's the chip on the shoulder that I find bizarre.

They continue to define themselves by this rivalry. How's that going?

WC fans don't seem to be anywhere near as concerned about Freo as vice versa.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Scotland Forward Press Numero Uno Altum Volantes HurleyHepsHird here's an exercise for you.

Pick WC's best 22 with no one born before 1993.

You can have Yeo but no one older.

Where do you pick Brander? Are we still saying CHF?

An interesting exercise. After a cursory glance at Footywire...

B: Rotham Barrass Nelson
HB: Cole Brander Witherden
C: Sheed Duggan XON
HF: Ryan Allen Langdon
F: Rioli Waterman Petrucelle
R: Williams Yeo Kelly
Int: Jones Ah Chee Cameron Jamieson

Surprisingly we're in okay shape for the first 18. Of course, the midfield depth as usual is the big issue.

Coach_Required

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 19, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool & Boston Celtics
Hawthorn will beat us next week because away.

Pure and simple really.

They'll he tougher at the ball and we'll go back to our usual away shtick.

Hope we win but yeah.

Nah, Hawks are toast now, you will win quite easily, then you will flog Adelaide at home before dropping the away game against GWS. You will beat Essendon at home but then drop one you shouldn't against Carlton at the G.

3 wins 2 losses in the next 5.

On SM-G980F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Dec 20, 2014
Hong Kong
AFL Club
West Coast
An interesting exercise. After a cursory glance at Footywire...

B: Rotham Barrass Nelson
HB: Cole Brander Witherden
C: Sheed Duggan XON
HF: Ryan Allen Langdon
F: Rioli Waterman Petrucelle
R: Williams Yeo Kelly
Int: Jones Ah Chee Cameron Jamieson

Surprisingly we're in okay shape for the first 18. Of course, the midfield depth as usual is the big issue.
Why do you think Brander at CHB?

I'd be moving Barrass to CHB and hoping Edwards can develop at FB.

Not sure Jakey Waterman is a legit KPP. More a hard-running Embley utiity/spare parts player.

Sep 21, 2004
Adel - SA - Aust - Earth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Norwood & Liverpool.
Why do you think Brander at CHB?

I'd be moving Barrass to CHB and hoping Edwards can develop at FB.

Not sure Jakey Waterman is a legit KPP. More a hard-running Embley utiity/spare parts player.

Mainly because there were enough talls up forward and Rotham and Barrass need the help. As good as Oscar was today, going down back should not be his permanent thing.

I am also not convinced on Waterman but I had to make the team work somehow. Edwards has a sample size of two so I'm holding off for the time being, obviously we all hope he can come on.

Dec 20, 2014
Hong Kong
AFL Club
West Coast
Mainly because there were enough talls up forward. As good as Oscar was today, going down back should not be his permanent thing.

I am also not convinced on Waterman but I had to make the team work somehow. Edwards has a sample size of two so I'm holding off for the time being, obviously we all hope he can come on.
Have you seen anything from Brander to suggest CHB?

I think he's going to make it but I still have no real idea about his best position.

I think I'd still pencil him in at CHF, basically because of workrate, athleticism and field kicking. No idea if he can take a contested mark in F50.

Have you seen anything from Brander to suggest CHB?

I think he's going to make it but I still have no real idea about his best position.

Nope.

I think Brander can be AFL quality but this will be up forward as a third tall when JK calls it a day, with maybe a spare parts element should there be injuries during the match. He does have the tank for up the ground.

One shining light from this year is he has definitely stepped up and shown he belongs in multiple games.

Dec 20, 2014
Hong Kong
AFL Club
West Coast
Nope.

I think Brander can be AFL quality but this will be up forward as a third tall when JK calls it a day, with maybe a spare parts element should there be injuries during the match. He does have the tank for up the ground.

One shining light from this year is he has definitely stepped up and shown he belongs in multiple games.
And if we ever produce a remake of The Prestige starring WC players, Brander and Rotham can play Christian Bale's roles.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back