AFL Club Focus

Remove this Banner Ad

Nov 7, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Manchester City, Collingwood AFLW
Data from footywire. To check the draft order see the thread here.

Footywire says: "While we make every effort to keep up to date with player contracts, it is likely that our data may at times be out of date, incomplete or inaccurate. If you find any player contracts that need updating, please let us know using our brand new contract submission form."

They are in deep Doo Doo. Given their injuries, they may not win another game this season.

They have big calls to make on their older players, McGovern should go on, but the likes of Hurn need to be tapped on the shoulder.
Try get as many picks as they can for middle of the road players like Petruccelle etc

Minimum 5 more years in the Abyss (probably longer)

They are in deep Doo Doo. Given their injuries, they may not win another game this season.

They have big calls to make on their older players, McGovern should go on, but the likes of Hurn need to be tapped on the shoulder.
Try get as many picks as they can for middle of the road players like Petruccelle etc

Well I got banned from the west coast time to rebuild thread.

Still.... Yeah. A few oldies have to go this season.

Eagles should focus on the 2023, 2024, 2025 and 2026 drafts. They will get 5-7 kids a season in the national draft

Smart idea when Tassie are coming in around the 2027 season.

It looks scary bad for WCE when coming into the cold wet months of the year with our injury list
Already some younger plays looking very very sore like Ginbey, they will need resting.

They should trade Gov if they can get a decent second round pick for him. Barrass gets the job done.

Not sure if this is the best place to post it but here goes.

Just some talk I have heard, there are some people at both the Hawks and WCE open to exploring a trade if WCE finish last this season and the hawks finish 2nd or 3rd last.

WCE: Pick 1 (Reid) for Hawks: Pick 2 or 3 + Denver Grainger-Barras

Where's the rest of the deal?

I'm a DGB fan (saw alot of him as a junior) but I highly doubt we're giving up a shot at Reid for DGB.

Where's the rest of the deal?

I'm a DGB fan (saw alot of him as a junior) but I highly doubt we're giving up a shot at Reid for DGB.

Eagles would want more top 10/first round picks instead of DGB.

GWS as a trading partner makes much more sense for the Eagles, if they want to split pick 1

Giants are very keen on Reid.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Reid to serve his 2 years then return home. I hope there's some good prospects in the west.
Vic country player mate, not a Vic Metro mummy's boy.

We also have a bunch of Vic players on our list. The last ones to ask to go home were Ben McKinley & Daniel(?) O'Connell. Both went to North, both had nothing careers.

Only Vic player of note to leave the Eagles was Judd. understandable considering the issues with the club at the time + partner wanted to move to Melbourne.

Vic country player mate, not a Vic Metro mummy's boy.

We also have a bunch of Vic players on our list. The last ones to ask to go home were Ben McKinley & Daniel(?) O'Connell. Both went to North, both had nothing careers.

Only Vic player of note to leave the Eagles was Judd. understandable considering the issues with the club at the time + partner wanted to move to Melbourne.

His Perth native partner wanting to move to Melbourne is more telling.

With the exception of Judd, the biggest names in the history of the Eagles have all been locals, depending on how Cousins is counted.

All the nobody Victorians on your list aren't going to have the potential opportunities to go home like this young fella will if he is any good.

All.speculation of course.

Surely WC look to Melbourne to see how interested in getting Reid. With Freo going so badly they could end up with pick 4 or 5 and Melbourne's 2 firsts for this and next year. Play them off with GWS and see what the best deal they can get. They need an injection of 2 or 3 1st rounders a year over the next 2-3 years

His Perth native partner wanting to move to Melbourne is more telling.

With the exception of Judd, the biggest names in the history of the Eagles have all been locals, depending on how Cousins is counted.

All the nobody Victorians on your list aren't going to have the potential opportunities to go home like this young fella will if he is any good.

All.speculation of course.
I'd argue Judd left moreso because of the drugs saga than Twiggers chasing a weathergirl career.

Player retention has never been an issue for WCE.

Also, these 'nobody' Victorians are only so because of how insular the Vic media is. How many times do you hear "If he played in Melbourne he'd be a superstar?" bandied about.

Plenty of faith in WCE's ability to retain a player who's not still on the teat of his mother, like most Vic Metro players. Hell, most of our Victorian players end up staying in WA after their playing days are over.

I think we will go pretty hard for Deven Robertson and James Tunstill from Brisbane. Would give up 2024 2nd rounder + one of our later 2023 2nd rounders for both myself

As for trading pick 1, id do it if GWS have 2 picks inside the top 10 and can hep with the above trade

I'd argue Judd left moreso because of the drugs saga than Twiggers chasing a weathergirl career.

Player retention has never been an issue for WCE.

Also, these 'nobody' Victorians are only so because of how insular the Vic media is. How many times do you hear "If he played in Melbourne he'd be a superstar?" bandied about.

Plenty of faith in WCE's ability to retain a player who's not still on the teat of his mother, like most Vic Metro players. Hell, most of our Victorian players end up staying in WA after their playing days are over.

Andrew Gaff the closest Vic star (at the time) to leaving the Eagles since Judd.

Player retention is not so much an issue fo t the Eagles, holding on to aging, cooked champions and 2018 Premiership players is ..

I'm not sure why anyone would give anything of value for Petrucelle.

The only real thing we may hold of value for the draft is access to Harley Reid and a future first that projects as a likely pick 1.

With where we're at I think we need alot more than just two players from that currency as much as I'd obviously love Harley Reid.

I'm not sure why anyone would give anything of value for Petrucelle.

The only real thing we may hold of value for the draft is access to Harley Reid and a future first that projects as a likely pick 1.

With where we're at I think we need alot more than just two players from that currency as much as I'd obviously love Harley Reid.

The thing is, with GWS, I am certain you could get 3 top 15 picks in this year's draft for your projected pick 1.

Eagles need quantity of top draft picks more then the clear cut number 1 right now (I don't think Harley Reid is this Lebron James generational talent many are proclaiming he is)

Still very good players to be had in the 2 - 20 bracket range of this year's draft.

The thing is, with GWS, I am certain you could get 3 top 15 picks in this year's draft for your projected pick 1.

Eagles need quantity of top draft picks more then the clear cut number 1 right now (I don't think Harley Reid is this Lebron James generational talent many are proclaiming he is)

Still very good players to be had in the 2 - 20 bracket range of this year's draft.
I completely agree with you.

5 years is a ridiculous estimation, rebuild started 2 years ago and we have 25 players under 25.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back