Up the Coasters West Coast Eagles - Best Ever Games (The Game)

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 7, 2009
Bull Creek WA
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Real Madrid, Man City, GS Warriors

Sep 7, 2009
Bull Creek WA
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Real Madrid, Man City, GS Warriors
View attachment 773455

View attachment 773462

View attachment 773464

View attachment 773465

View attachment 773466

Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha

So in the 2018 Second Preliminary Final somehow the wooden spooners beat the Premiers? How does that work? Oh well, at least we all now get to witness this glorious clip show from the most hilarious game of 2018.

Let me set the scene.

Melbourne are the roaring favourites. Each time they score a goal the screens will cut the the Demons fans in Melbourne, imagine if they got held goalless to half time. Imagine.

Jordan Lewis was kind enough to score us our first goal

Comical

I wish I could get paid to be bad at football and embarrass an entire state

:moustache:

View attachment 773474
Clayton questioning the umpire on why this game is being played in Perth and not Melbourne

View attachment 773471
Gee

It's always a good time when you're so good that you start accidentally scoring goals

We also love it when the opposition are so shell-shocked that they forget the rules

View attachment 773473
Goodwin: "Yeah look boys, we're cooked here and Clayton is an ugly campaigner. So there's no winners from our camp"

Our boy, Flyin' can play footy

Biggest game of your life. Preliminary final. Whole country watching. You get caught holding the ball twice in a row in the same chase and the second one is by a fatboy who's pregame ritual is 4 Whoppers and a Mrs Macs meat pie.

View attachment 773475
Luke Shuey with an iced up ankle post game, damn I hope he plays in the Grand Final and if he does, hopefully he isn't too hampered.

View attachment 773476
Still the greatest image on BigFooty. Hahahahahahaha

You campaigners know what happened next.

The Dees never recovered from this game

#12 - 2018 2nd Qualifying Final vs Collingwood
Dec 8, 2006
WA
AFL Club
West Coast
Some moments become so iconic you can recognise the game from a single image.

This is one of those moments. This is one of those games.

Jetta.jpg

2018 Second Qualifying Final

West Coast 12.14 (86) def. Collingwood 10.10 (70)

Goals
2: Ryan, Darling, Kennedy
1: Vardy, Jetta, Sheed, Cripps, Rioli, Redden

Best
Yeo, McGovern, Ryan, Jetta, Sheed, Redden

But lets rewind a bit. In the week leading up to this game I was sick. Really sick. The sickest I've been since undergoing treatment for cancer. It was bad. The day before the game I turned to my wife and said "If I'm still like this tomorrow, I won't be able to go to the game". It was really ******* bad. Anyone that knows me knows that that was one of the hardest admissions I ever had to make. Admitting I might have to miss a final.

The next day I woke up and felt ... better. Nowhere near 100%, and my voice was barely there when normally it doesn't get that bad until half time. But I was going to the game.

And what a game it was! Easily forgotten after the Grand Final managed to kick it up several notches, but my god. Just watch the highlights. Just watch them (just close your eyes at 0:48 :( Open them again at 1:10). You even get to see Mayne smacked in the head by the ball. Twice! And Willie is called Ryan because Victorians are dumb racist *s. Oh, and Shuey is even run down vs Collingwood in a final for old time's sake. Dude just isn't built for finals:

The noise at Optus was the best I've experienced to date. So glad I was able to recover in time to experience it live.

Lewis Jetta is made for the big stage and the big moments. Love him.

Feb 26, 2012
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Such a shame that that game is often forgotten because of the other game against Collingwood in September because it truly was a classic.

I was at formal birthday party where it was playing and I absolutely lost my mind when Jetta kicked the winner. Got a few looks but I couldn’t give a *.

What a month September 2018 was.

View attachment 775576

Goals

Best

But lets rewind a bit. In the week leading up to this game I was sick. Really sick. The sickest I've been since undergoing treatment for cancer. It was bad. The day before the game I turned to my wife and said "If I'm still like this tomorrow, I won't be able to go to the game". It was really ******* bad. Anyone that knows me knows that that was one of the hardest admissions I ever had to make. Admitting I might have to miss a final.

The next day I woke up and felt ... better. Nowhere near 100%, and my voice was barely there when normally it doesn't get that bad until half time. But I was going to the game.

And what a game it was! Easily forgotten after the Grand Final managed to kick it up several notches, but my god. Just watch the highlights. Just watch them (just close your eyes at 0:48 :( Open them again at 1:10). You even get to see Mayne smacked in the head by the ball. Twice! And Willie is called Ryan because Victorians are dumb racist fu**s. Oh, and Shuey is even run down vs Collingwood in a final for old time's sake. Dude just isn't built for finals:

The noise at Optus was the best I've experienced to date. So glad I was able to recover in time to experience it live.

Got a family friend who works in Collingwood’s footy department, and he said that the roar when Jetta kicked the goal was the loudest crowd he’s ever heard. Easily surpassed any noise from their Prelim or the GF apparently.

Loved the rivalry West Coast and Collingwood built on last year. That game had another truly amazing moment too - Trav Varcoe kicking a wonder goal to get Collingwood on the board after losing his sister.

Honestly everything you want in a footy match; stakes, close finish, intensity throughout, big crowd, under the lights, Mason Cox humiliated on a national stage, iconic moments. What more could you ask for?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dec 8, 2006
WA
AFL Club
West Coast
Got a family friend who works in Collingwood’s footy department, and he said that the roar when Jetta kicked the goal was the loudest crowd he’s ever heard. Easily surpassed any noise from their Prelim or the GF apparently.

Loved the rivalry West Coast and Collingwood built on last year. That game had another truly amazing moment too - Trav Varcoe kicking a wonder goal to get Collingwood on the board after losing his sister.

Honestly everything you want in a footy match; stakes, close finish, intensity throughout, big crowd, under the lights, Mason Cox humiliated on a national stage, iconic moments. What more could you ask for?

I'm not sure how much recency bias plays a role, but September 2018 was my favourite time as an Eagles fan.

And yes, the sound was insane. Absolutely loved it. Would have put the fear of God into the Vics and that led to their bizarro plan to telecast Melbourne supporters in Melbourne at the Prelim. Pricks.

I'm not sure how much recency bias plays a role, but September 2018 was my favourite time as an Eagles fan.

And yes, the sound was insane. Absolutely loved it. Would have put the fear of God into the Vics and that led to their bizarro plan to telecast Melbourne supporters in Melbourne at the Prelim. Pricks.

Even accounting for recency bias I think you're right. Won a close one against Collingwood after being behind for much of the match. Spanked Melbourne so hard that they are still traumatised by it two seasons later. And then of course the Grand Final...

September 2006 with the close QF loss to Sydney and the come from behind against Adelaide away is good but overall September 2018 tops the lot.

Doashuey

Premiership Player
Sep 13, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast

As it turned out, that was a master stroke. Really, how good was it to see the switch to Fed Square each time WC piled on more misery. Hands down one of the all time backfires from the AFL, it just made that game all the more delicious.

FKASC

Reid’s Like Copium
May 28, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Wow, did not expect two picks smashed out like that so quickly. Good job, fellas! :)

That Geelong comeback game was amazing. I was at the sequel against Carlton the following week, was an insane day as well.
Same. That Carlton game was actually the first live game of footy I ever watched. I grew up rural so never got to see live games.

Ok Boomer

Cancelled
A Star Wars Fan Pokemon is Life
Jul 27, 2015
South West
AFL Club
West Coast

View attachment 775576

Goals

Best

And what a game it was! Easily forgotten after the Grand Final managed to kick it up several notches, but my god. Just watch the highlights. Just watch them (just close your eyes at 0:48 :( Open them again at 1:10). You even get to see Mayne smacked in the head by the ball. Twice! And Willie is called Ryan because Victorians are dumb racist fu**s. Oh, and Shuey is even run down vs Collingwood in a final for old time's sake. Dude just isn't built for finals:

I think this was the coolest home game I have been too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back