News West Coast Eagles possible logo 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

So is this logo confirmed. And how about the jumpers?

Just curious.

RXkBOAB.png

https://www.wceteamstore.com.au/

View attachment 447626
I actually like the old logo more than the new one. Maybe something like this could've been an improvement whilst still keeping the design of the old.
The more I see the new logo the more I'm in disbelief over how long any version of the above was retained for as long as it was. Garbage. New logo is the best we've had since the OG and hopefully it isn't touched again for a very very very long time.

(just my opinion though).

The more I see the new logo the more I'm in disbelief over how long any version of the above was retained for as long as it was. Garbage. New logo is the best we've had since the OG and hopefully it isn't touched again for a very very very long time.

Our logos have dated pretty well. I don't expect the new one to be an exception.

The new one to me just isn't as threatening or intimidating as the old ones. The old logo and the one before that sends the message that WC was a team to be feared. The new one just looks like "eh we're the eagles, but we wont hurt you" They just got rid of what made their team unique in the logo department, now it just looks like a lousy clone of Hawthorn's logo.

The new one to me just isn't as threatening or intimidating as the old ones. The old logo and the one before that sends the message that WC was a team to be feared. The new one just looks like "eh we're the eagles, but we wont hurt you" They just got rid of what made their team unique in the logo department, now it just looks like a lousy clone of Hawthorn's logo.
Anyone who's intimidated by a logo shouldn't be on a footy field.

So after (nearly) a whole season to witness the rebrand/new logo, what are everyone's thoughts on its success or otherwise?

For mine it has been an outstanding success. Original colours, original guernsey design (essentially) and a quality new logo that melds nicely into both the guernsey and the branding. The only room for improvement would be making the logo a straight inverse on the peril. It currently just looks like an outline (although I know what they are trying to achieve with the logo being gold on everything, it just doesn't work on the clash).

Overall thoughts/comments?

So after (nearly) a whole season to witness the rebrand/new logo, what are everyone's thoughts on its success or otherwise?

For mine it has been an outstanding success. Original colours, original guernsey design (essentially) and a quality new logo that melds nicely into both the guernsey and the branding. The only room for improvement would be making the logo a straight inverse on the peril. It currently just looks like an outline (although I know what they are trying to achieve with the logo being gold on everything, it just doesn't work on the clash).

Overall thoughts/comments?
I agree on all counts other than inversing the logo on the peril. I understand why people want it, but mock-ups have shown that it just doesn't look too good, as the blue parts on the actual logo are shadows, meaning it simply doesn't look quite right when inversed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I agree on all counts other than inversing the logo on the peril. I understand why people want it, but mock-ups have shown that it just doesn't look too good, as the blue parts on the actual logo are shadows, meaning it simply doesn't look quite right when inversed.
I agree that it doesn't look right, and for branding purposes (merch, etc.) you wouldn't use it. But on the guernsey I don't think it matters so much.

I agree that it doesn't look right, and for branding purposes (merch, etc.) you wouldn't use it. But on the guernsey I don't think it matters so much.

Personally think the clash works, as is. Don’t think the inverse on the logo is at all necessary and I think I showed quite well earlier in the year on mockups that current solution is pretty well the only one that works.

I love it. Admittedly, I liked the old logo too but with a season of the new logo under our belt it is a huge upgrade on the old logo. It fits better on the jumper than the old logo; the deeper wings are a huge improvement on the best jumper in the comp. Yeah, the logo-on-clash is an issue but in the grand scheme of things, I'd rather an imperfect yellow clash than for us to attempt a perfect-logo-on-white-wings jumper, which would look fine but not nearly as good as yellow. We've largely addressed this by using royal for away games as well so we'll only ever wear yellow against a small number of teams.

It took me while to get on board, but I like it. Works well on the off field merch, and great on the jumpers. No real issue with the clash, only comes out a few times a season so can live with it the way it is.

My issue is the HJs logo on the back of the away guernsey. It just doesn’t work, it cuts off the wing tips and looks weird. Should’ve just been the hungry jacks wording like on the older jumpers and put it in a box.

Interesting to see how it goes with a new sponsor next year.

It took me while to get on board, but I like it. Works well on the off field merch, and great on the jumpers. No real issue with the clash, only comes out a few times a season so can live with it the way it is.

My issue is the HJs logo on the back of the away guernsey. It just doesn’t work, it cuts off the wing tips and looks weird. Should’ve just been the hungry jacks wording like on the older jumpers and put it in a box.

Interesting to see how it goes with a new sponsor next year.
Good point about the logo. Both sponsor's logos intruding onto the wings sh*ts me no end. I look forward to seeing what 2019 brings in that regard.

Outstanding success for me. I’m incredibly jealous of the whole Eagles rebrand. Logo is fantastic and embracing the royal is a total winner. I’ve noticed at home games there seems to be minimal navy in the stands.

Minor issues for me are the wingtips seem to go too far centrally on the back. Should drop down earlier which would also allow more room for a sponsor without intrusion. Also it looks like they’re still using white in a fair bit of merch eg. the traditional bar scarf. But overall its pretty damn good. Almost enough to convert me...

Almost there.

The new logo just doesn’t work on the yellow jumper, so they should use the OG eagle head instead. Sell it as a “heritage” design.

Also the wings need to finish more to the sides so that they’re not cut off by the back sponsors.

Other than those two things they’ve done a great job.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back