West Coast Eagles premiers!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Thanks mate huge respect to your team, they were massive and they were only a kick away from a flag. Well done and all the best for 2019
Thx wiz I truly believe we made the GF unexpectedly and massively overperformed in the back half of the year with such a young list.

Hoping for improvement with that huge experience gain.

All the best for '19

Thx wiz I truly believe we made the GF unexpectedly and massively overperformed in the back half of the year with such a young list.

Hoping for improvement with that huge experience gain.

All the best for '19
Man that list is scary, you have the games best midfield, games best ruckman, a match winning freak in Degoey. Just need Cox to improve and kick 40 to 50 goals and it will get better.

Schuey taking the Greenwood tag and breaking it was a gamechanger.

Let Yeo get off the leash and impact whilst Schuey just kept going and going on.
Agreed Shuey was already hot and sometimes you have the ball on a string no matter who tags you. Yep Shuey saved our bacon in the first half along with Barras, Gov and Schofield. Then he iced the game at the finish. A simply brilliant performance

Man that list is scary, you have the games best midfield, games best ruckman, a match winning freak in Degoey. Just need Cox to improve and kick 40 to 50 goals and it will get better.
Yes good depth at last - though the true smokey is Sier - still only half a tank and you saw the influence he had in the first half of the GF until he run out of puff. He's away in Thailand doing a kick boxing camp for the second off season in a row and is gradually building. Super awareness and elite hands, massive body power and sneaky quick.

I'll be looking to put some money on him for the Copeland if I can get odds.

Agreed Shuey was already hot and sometimes you have the ball on a string no matter who tags you. Yep Shuey saved our bacon in the first half along with Barras, Gov and Schofield. Then he iced the game at the finish. A simply brilliant performance
Hell yes the Shoo was the difference really - people can mumble on about the twin towers, huge forward line etc., etc. but we were looking to take the game away from you right from the start and may just have pinched a game winning break but for Shuey.

IMMENSE game from him.

Hell yes the Shoo was the difference really - people can mumble on about the twin towers, huge forward line etc., etc. but we were looking to take the game away from you right from the start and may just have pinched a game winning break but for Shuey.

IMMENSE game from him.
I agree never seen a more complete performance. Taylor Adams also was superb. Shuey V Taylor Adams were immense, like watching two gladiators going head to head. No one giving an inch or taking a backward step was brilliant to watch. And the AFL want to change the rules good god

I agree never seen a more complete performance. Taylor Adams also was superb. Shuey V Taylor Adams were immense, like watching two gladiators going head to head. No one giving an inch or taking a backward step was brilliant to watch. And the AFL want to change the rules good god
Yes I love the individual battles - sadly being reduced to a sideshow now instead of the staple fare for fans. Game is being changed to be more 'socially acceptable' to the limp wristed hand wringers grrrr.

Taytay is massively underrated by most but he is a true bulldog who loves the hard go in close.

Excellent game. Schofield was simply brilliant. This guy not playing AFL regularly is a joke and he should ask for a trade if that is not the plan for 2019
Schofield did not loose a single contest, manage to keep his feet and get the ball to his team mates. Had the most one per-centers. On top of that he had to play on Degoey.

Technically it's not the same but certainly much closer than Subi Oval.

And it can fit 20,000 more fans. Money well spent if you're an Eagles fan.
Agreed but its similar to the MCG and we have a training ground exactly the same as the MCG and we can practice our game and execute it at Optus

Great man Simmo 2 G.F's and a Flag in 5 yrs.

But seriously congratz on an amazing performance without Natinuei,Gaff and a few more.

And also i wasn't aware how similar Optus stadium dimensions were to the G they showed it on G.F day.I know your training fascilities also cater for it but because of G.F being played at the G.

Even if it helped by 5pcnt it's a no brainer.
Simmo is far more than a great coach, the relationship he has with the players, from going to the funeral of Tom Cole's dad, to going to visit WIllie Rioli family in the Tiwi Islands. He has changed the whole culture of our club. Love him

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agreed but its similar to the MCG and we have a training ground exactly the same as the MCG and we can practice our game and execute it at Optus
I think it's a brilliant idea - somewhat evens the playing field - if the other non-Victorian teams could manage to do the same it would certainly stop a lot of too-ing and fro-ing about the GF venue - which is unlikely to change unless the AFL can demonstrate to their media bosses that a similar spectacle to the MCG is available.

BTW Eagles have overtaken the Hawks on my Premiership Ladder
Actual Premierships / Par Premierships = Score
  1. West Coast 4 / 2.00 = 2.00
  2. Hawthorn 13 / 7.18 = 1.81
  3. Essendon 16 / 10.16 = 1.57
  4. Carlton 16 / 10.58 = 1.51
  5. Collingwood 15 / 10.58 = 1.42
  6. Melbourne 12 / 10.03 = 1.20
  7. Richmond 11 / 9.20 = 1.20
  8. Adelaide 2 / 1.71 = 1.17
  9. Brisbane/Fitzroy 11 / 11.25 = 0.98
  10. Geelong 9 / 10.14 = 0.89
  11. Port Adelaide 1 / 1.32 = 0.76
  12. North Melbourne 4 / 7.18 = 0.56
  13. Sydney 4 / 10.33 = 0.39
  14. Western Bulldogs 2 / 7.18 = 0.28
  15. St Kilda 1 / 10.16 = 0.10
  16. Greater Western Sydney 0 / 0.39 = 0.00
  17. Gold Coast 0 / 0.45 = 0.00
  18. University 0 / 0.70 = 0.00
  19. Fremantle 0 / 1.45 = 0.00

Par premierships?

I think it's a brilliant idea - somewhat evens the playing field - if the other non-Victorian teams could manage to do the same it would certainly stop a lot of too-ing and fro-ing about the GF venue - which is unlikely to change unless the AFL can demonstrate to their media bosses that a similar spectacle to the MCG is available.
Agreed our whole game plan is now based on a wider ground by spreading the game also compensates the fact that we are not the quickest team. Agreed we have no fears about playing the MCG anymore, thank goodness for that.

Agreed our whole game plan is now based on a wider ground by spreading the game also compensates the fact that we are not the quickest team. Agreed we have no fears about playing the MCG anymore, thank goodness for that.
That was certainly demonstrated and props to your administration for getting it done - one more small step towards a truly uniform competition.

Also our training ground has the exact dimensions as the MCG makes a massive difference
Think I've said this in other threads but while the GF is played at the MCG for the foreseeable future, it's in clubs best interest to make these changes to grounds/training facilities where logistically possible.

Par premierships = 1/number of teams first year played + 1/number of teams second year played ....... + 1/number of teams final year played.

What's the reasoning behind this?

It's just the odds of winning a flag each year if every team has an even chance - in an 18-team league an average team should win a flag every 18 years.
That is the first level of potentiality - add to that the draft bias and AFL heavy hitting for expansion clubs and you have something a little different.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back