West Coast Eagles Priority Pick (2024)

Remove this Banner Ad

I think it's pretty well known that their problems are because they were not ruthless enough on their veterans and took too long to rebuild. They are one of the best resourced clubs in Australia and should be back on their feet in a few years.
They do not need a priority pick.

I've quite enjoyed watching them get smashed the last few seasons but yesterday, for the first time I actually felt sorry for WC.

They had Barrass and Governator busting their ass in the first half, Yeo, Kelly, Williams, Reid and Ginbey giving their all, and then just running out of steam as the witches hats teammates just either did nothing or completely fluffed it time after time. The gameplan was obviously to go corridor as fast as possible on the rebound to minimise Giant's defense and set up. And they would do a great job of getting it most of the way down there until some HF squibbed it and hand passed it out of bounds, kicked it to the opp or something else WAFL level. You could see the good players (listed above) just gradually giving up as their efforts were just let down time and time again. Guys like Jamieson, a ruck playing on a key forward who looked lost, couldn't take a mark on his chest with no one around, just sad. Need a few priority picks to send the WAFL level players back to the WAFL, not one pick in the top 30 like last year. Otherwise, they should get used to the bottom of the ladder.

They are an absolute on-field juggernaut and are monstering the AFL. At least that's what I recall supporters crowing when they were up the ladder. Why would they be even remotely eligible for handouts?
The only reason for a handout is the current hopelessly contrived Draft. The first pick in the in second round last year went from pick 19 to 31. The 3rd round 37 to 45.

I've quite enjoyed watching them get smashed the last few seasons but yesterday, for the first time I actually felt sorry for WC.

They had Barrass and Governator busting their ass in the first half, Yeo, Kelly, Williams, Reid and Ginbey giving their all, and then just running out of steam as the witches hats teammates just either did nothing or completely fluffed it time after time. The gameplan was obviously to go corridor as fast as possible on the rebound to minimise Giant's defense and set up. And they would do a great job of getting it most of the way down there until some HF squibbed it and hand passed it out of bounds, kicked it to the opp or something else WAFL level. You could see the good players (listed above) just gradually giving up as their efforts were just let down time and time again. Guys like Jamieson, a ruck playing on a key forward who looked lost, couldn't take a mark on his chest with no one around, just sad. Need a few priority picks to send the WAFL level players back to the WAFL, not one pick in the top 30 like last year. Otherwise, they should get used to the bottom of the ladder.
Yeah you know youve reached diabolical levels of suckiness when the cross town rivals start pitying you more than hating you.

I dunno, maybe its just what we need to bring us back to earth...well that and a clean out, though I hope it doesnt last too long.

Just wondering - has anyone from West Coast - or even the media - asked for a priority pick?

This seems like it's just a BigFooty discussion which Freo supporters and the usual anti-WC cohort (understandably, I probably would too if I my BF reputation was on the line) have leapt onto to try and provoke WC posters.

At least I'm still here despite three or so seasons (and counting) of general turdness...but I have never asked for a priority pick.

At least I'm still here despite three or so seasons (and counting) of general turdness...but I have never asked for a priority pick.
Lol, my heart bleeds

You either have an even compitition or you don’t.

Get rid of all concessions and advantages including F/S and locked in MCG grand final. (I say as an MCC member).

Whoever finishes highest out of the final two, gets the final spot. If needed for practical purposes, have a bye before the grand final.

This is not a dig at West Coast, as others have said, I don’t even think anyone has asked for it.

More a dig at the AFL trying to orchestrate fairness with their secret herb and spices recipe.

Doesn't hurt to ask for assistance this year to lock down local WA boys if they can't get any WA FA/RFA like Chad Warner to come home

The media push begins...

But if the AFL is going to be handing out draft assistance like confetti at a wedding, West Coast definitely should be putting their hand out for assistance at the end of this season.

The Eagles have less young talent than North and they have more older players going off the end in a year or two.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why should they get a PP?

Been out of finals what, 3-4 years?

Premiership 5-6 years ago.

Consistently playing finals for most of the last 15 years.

Honestly they won a flag and have fallen off a cliff.

Clubs should only be considered for PP when they are bottom 2-4 for a solid 5 years, and even then you need to be looking at the club's administration.

Plenty of Eagles fans here have, yeah.

Unsure if they have the pull at AFL house that Pykey would, however.
You say that as if a WC supporter asking for help at the doors of AFL house will have an impact🤣.
On the other hand GWS don't have to ask, they just receive.

You say that as if a WC supporter asking for help at the doors of AFL house will have an impact🤣.
On the other hand GWS don't have to ask, they just receive.
I was actually sticking up for your club with my comment there?

Have we asked for one or even implied we may ask for one?
You’ve got your utensil smoking simp Duffield laying the groundwork. To think he’d act without some imprimatur from the eagles is absurd.

*After winning a flag 6 years ago?

Give me a spell.

Spell for what?

Any management of a crap club should ask for a PP. It's in the best interests of their club's performance.

I clearly stated they shouldn't get one. Doesn't mean they shouldn't ask to advocate for their club.

Spell for what?

Any management of a crap club should ask for a PP. It's in the best interests of their club's performance.

I clearly stated they shouldn't get one. Doesn't mean they shouldn't ask to advocate for their club.

“Any club worth their salt would ask for one”

Where in this post did you say clearly they shouldn’t get one?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back