2nds West Coast Eagles WAFL 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great news for us and and the rest of the WAFL teams.

Benefits-
  • Not the annoying WAFL byes due to odd numbers of teams
  • I expected a higher licence fee and we have the financial strength for it to not hurt us. My thoughts were that it was potentially a 7 figures off off inducement and I would not have blinked
  • Jobs for senior boys in coaching and development - not sure how it will work with NGA
  • I like the idea of away games
  • Should get better attendances at WAFL games not disliking the team I am interested in watching
  • Chance to build a consistent culture
  • Paved the way for how we get our own AFLW team
  • East Perth will not have the “woe is me excuse”
I will want to see how we keep the balance with supporters maintaining loyalty of their WAFL team and interest in the Eagles.

I would really like the Eagles to arrange the fixtures to play at rural locations and build interest in country games. Doty’s and Claremont have been consistently good with that commitment over a sustained period.

Not sure what it will mean for reserves and colts. Guess that is the next level of detail to be worked out.

Not sure on all the plans but with AFL, AFLW and WAFL teams, Lathlain Park will be busy
Whilst initially it would be good to play all away games, I think our games as you've stated should be the ones to go to the rural areas. This way the WAFL clubs don't lose bar intake that week and our club can show off the youth to the state. I also think there definitely should be curtain raisers. Every WAFL player would love the chance to play on Optus.

Last point I might get a game :sunglasses:

I really want us to have a women’s team just so they can win a flag before the Freo men’s team

The problem is, the girls that we had training with us earlier in the year as part of the West Coast Eagles women’s Academy, have all been invited to train with Freemantle now, because the new Fremantle women’s coach was involved in the women’s state program. I don’t know how many of them will still be available, by the time our women’s team is formed.

Ok there’s 44 on the list plus rookies (I think?) .....what if we get injuries ...will they be able field a team .....if 22 play for the eagles plus usually 1-2 emergencies then how do you find 22 players for the wafl side ....
Cutting it fine

I haven’t read all the stuff ....but we would need 55 players on our list to feild two teams ....

Ok there’s 44 on the list plus rookies (I think?) .....what if we get injuries ...will they be able field a team .....if 22 play for the eagles plus usually 1-2 emergencies then how do you find 22 players for the wafl side ....
Cutting it fine

I haven’t read all the stuff ....but we would need 55 players on our list to feild two teams ....
They use top up players

They use top up players

Where from

Wouldn’t thone guys be on a wafl team already ....or atleast in a wafl

You can’t jus grab some hack and throw him out there ....

He will bloody crash into one of our star players and injure them

This has not been thought thru very well

Where from

Wouldn’t thone guys be on a wafl team already ....or atleast in a wafl

You can’t jus grab some hack and throw him out there ....

He will bloody crash into one of our star players and injure them

This has not been thought thru very well

Through the Ammos.

Cutting it fine

More than that. How about the Colts and Reserves teams associated with the WAFL league team?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The problem is, the girls that we had training with us earlier in the year as part of the West Coast Eagles women’s Academy, have all been invited to train with Freemantle now, because the new Fremantle women’s coach was involved in the women’s state program. I don’t know how many of them will still be available, by the time our women’s team is formed.
So, Freo get access to the state's best players before we even enter the comp? And we'll probably have worse draft concessions than them when we finally enter as well.

Better win a flag girls!

Through the Ammos.

Your going to have some ammo in the ruck ...coz the two rucks we do have in the afl team

Sorry Fraser McInnes yes .....but seriously dumb idea

So,what happens to amateur tea, that loses their best player...

That comp loses its integrity totally

We have made played finals four years in row ....2 grand finals .....1 flag

It wasn’t broken .....

Dead set stupid idea this one .....I’m done in this thread ....

Your going to have some ammo in the ruck ...coz the two rucks we do have in the afl team

It wasn’t broken .....

Olango will be rucking. If not him then McInnes or whoever we get to replace him. One of the cat B guys like Bines could potentially ruck too.

It wasn’t broken .....

How do you think every other AFL club with a state league team makes it work? We’ve all got the same list size.

Potential team if it was the team we currently have with no players injured. Players in red potential to be delisted/traded.

Nelson Schofield Rotham
Watson O Allen Mutimer

Riach Brayshaw Petruccelle

Ah Chee M Allen Waterman
Bayok Brander Karpany

Ruck: Olongo Ainsworth Partington

Bench: McInnes Burrows Bines
My take on it.

Building the right team culture has to be the priority, just as it is in the seniors. So I would hope the club does everything to blur the lines between senior and reserve players and make playing for the Eagles as desirable and good for their personal development (in more areas than one) as possible. Players are not robots, having them ready for the gameplan is important but it shouldn't be the foremost priority.

Part of this process will be fighting for many of the same privileges other clubs enjoy. I'm a bit worried by some of the talk around hamstringing the team ALA the Adelaide Crows reserves.

Playing finals is a must, remember it's all about Friends, Family and Flags. Shouldn't be any talk of top-ups, but rather a core group of senior Reserve players whose job is to lead our young future stars into battle. Why should reserves players miss out on the glorious wings, they should wear them with pride.

It wasn’t broken .....

It was broken. East Perth didn't want to align any longer. Can't force them to keep going.

Top ups - probably 100 AFL players get de-listed every year, WAAFL players, country leagues. Plenty of places to grab a few players from.

At least see how it goes before throwing your toys out of the cot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back