Game Day West Coast Eagles v Adelaide Crows, Round 21 - 15:20 AWST, Aug 11, 2019.

WCE v ADE: Who will win?

• Eagles by 30+

Votes: 10 76.9%
  • Eagles under 30pts

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Adelaide under 30pts

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Adelaide by 30+

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Who should be in? Who should be dropped?

WCE-vs-Adelaide.png

FREE for 14 days:
Stream the game LIVE to any device.

Tip the game now - win cash 'n' prizes

Proudly sponsored by
The Golden Ticket - for Medallion Club tickets

wcevadel.png

Where and when: Optus Stadium, Sunday, August 11, 3.20pm AWST

TV and radio: Click here for broadcast guide

What it means for West Coast: The reigning premiers are in great form, having won six of their past seven games, but can't afford a slip-up if they want a top-two finish and an all-important home qualifying final.

What it means for Adelaide: This is a season-defining game for the Crows. Last weekend's win over St Kilda covered some of the cracks, but they must take a big scalp to cling on to a finals berth.

The stat: The Eagles have turned Optus Stadium into a fortress in a short space of time. They have an imposing 19-5 record at the venue and have won eight of their 10 games this year.

The match-up: Jeremy McGovern v Taylor Walker
The All Australian defender, ranked 28th overall in the Official AFL Player Ratings, will attempt to zone off Crows co-captain Walker (119th overall) and take intercept marks at every chance possible. Walker's challenge is to make McGovern accountable.

It’s a big week for: Luke Brown
The Crows' best small defender will have a huge job on his hands trying to contain the likes of Liam Ryan, Willie Rioli and Jack Petruccelle creating havoc at ground level. Brown will probably start on Ryan, but will need plenty of help from his fellow defenders.

678363_ll.jpg

Big call: Andrew Gaff to have at least 35 disposals as the Eagles overrun the Crows.

Prediction: Eagles by 27 points

More By Lee Gaskin

Last edited:

If we're the real deal should win by at least 40. Crows SHOULD be desperate, given what's on the line, but have shown they still aren't up to it, generally, when something is on the line. Lost to Carlton a week before we beat the Blues comfortably, for goodness sake. We need to put the foot down if we want to keep up with the Lions, who play Gold Coast. Don't want them to get too far ahead on percentage.

Will be keeping a close eye on the Cats Roos game. The kind of game you think, teasingly, the Roos have a fair sniff, but the Cats will probably dominate. But an upset would be the stuff of dreams, and even the possibility we'll finish 1st makes this an exciting round.

This will get ugly... Crows arent a team to ever surprise us and win in a upset or claim a big scalp etc... they are the most predicatble side going around.
50-60 point loss coming up here.
Such a disapoiting team/club

The Lions Suns result could make for an interesting last game of the round.
Providing they win, if a close win I can't see Eagles go too hard IF they have the game in hand.
If Brissy have a massive win it will be interesting to see how hard the Eagles go.

Either way Adelaide WILL turn up so it won't be as simple as Eagles trying just a bit harder for more percentage.
As Simmo keeps saying "winning is bloody hard" so how hard will the Eagles go?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we can manage to get the 4 points without racking up any injuries I'll be stoked. Also hoping that some of our guys who have been a bit iffy find some form in the leadup to September.

The Lions Suns result could make for an interesting last game of the round.
Providing they win, if a close win I can't see Eagles go too hard IF they have the game in hand.
If Brissy have a massive win it will be interesting to see how hard the Eagles go.
Brisbane have two tough games to end the year, I wouldn't get too hung up on their percentage boost this week.

Crows by 5 goals, nothing surer except I'll be in here complaining about the umpiring being the only reason my prediction doesnt eventuate.

Back