HB: Brad Sheppard, Jeremy McGovern, Lewis Jetta
C: Dom Sheed, Jack Redden, Andrew Gaff
HF: Jarrod Cameron, Jack Darling, Jamie Cripps
F: Liam Ryan, Josh J. Kennedy, Willie Rioli
FOL: Nic Naitanui, Elliot Yeo, Luke Shuey
I/C: Chris Masten, Oscar Allen, Tom Hickey, Jackson Nelson
EMG: Jack Petruccelle, Will Schofield, Matthew Allen, Josh Smith
IN: Tom Cole, Josh J. Kennedy
OUT: Liam Duggan (Injured), Brendon Ah Chee (Injured)

COLLINGWOOD
B: Brayden Maynard, Jordan Roughead, Levi Greenwood
HB: Jack Crisp, Darcy Moore, Isaac Quaynor
C: Tom Phillips, Scott Pendlebury, Chris Mayne
HF: Callum L. Brown, Mason Cox, Will Hoskin-Elliott
F: Jordan De Goey, Brody Mihocek, Jamie Elliott
FOL: Brodie Grundy, Adam Treloar, Steele Sidebottom
I/C: James Aish, John Noble, Brayden Sier, Ben Crocker
EMG: Tyler Brown, Josh Thomas, Matthew Scharenberg, Josh Daicos
IN: Levi Greenwood, John Noble, Ben Crocker
OUT: Matthew Scharenberg (Omitted), Josh Thomas (Omitted), Josh Daicos (Omitted)
NEW: John Noble

West Coast are charging ahead. Collingwood form is slipping. What do we reckon?

The Sweet FA Fantasy footy league wants YOU for season 28

Last edited:
West coast should secure top 2 with a win here.

I think these threads should be pinned, so that they don't clog or get lost and ignored amoungst the rest of the main board. Then change the tag to gameday or replace it altogether on the day

• Admin
West coast should secure top 2 with a win here.

I think these threads should be pinned, so that they don't clog or get lost and ignored amoungst the rest of the main board. Then change the tag to gameday or replace it altogether on the day
MIght give it a day or so before pinning. Still experimenting with Gralin

Coaster2012

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 10, 2012
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Manchester City, Lakers
Massive game for both sides. WC win and they will be very hard to knock out of the top 2 and Pies season is in turmoil. Pies win and suddenly they are back on track for a top 2 finish.

sedders

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 26, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
West Coast
I don’t want to sound like an arrogant wce supporter, but we should win by a lot. anything less than a 5 goal win will disappoint.

Lsta062

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 15, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Chelsea, LA Lakers, Western United
We’re in for a thumping if Collingwood play anything close to how they played against Hawthorn. I don’t think West Coast will allow them to get away with it like Hawthorn did.

Direct ball movement and being physical is the way to beat West Coast for Collingwood. Even then, it’s hard to do so especially on their home ground. Over-possess and the margin may not look pretty

Jan 14, 2016
AFL Club
West Coast
Direct ball movement and being physical is the way to beat West Coast for Collingwood. Even then, it’s hard to do so especially on their home ground. Over-possess and the margin may not look pretty

That is how Port and Geelong beat us in rounds 5 & 6 - since then the team has responded and closed the 'we can bullied' door firmly shut. We have been playing great contested footy and it has even been a strength of ours. In fact Yeo has gone on to lead the league in tackles from there.

Our on ball mids are quite big bodied, especially Redden and Yeo with Shuey being a ball of muscle (nealesque).

As was shown against Melb in the prelim last year and against Collingwood we have no problem with contested footy - the misconception comes from the fact we often use an uncontested kick mark game to move the ball from our back half and so people assume West Coast don't do ugly.
The misconception was perpetuated by the above mentioned rounds when we were in hangover cruise control mode and we shirked physicality - luckily the wake up call happened earlier I. The season rather than later.

Dec 18, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Pies have a point to prove so I wouldn't write them off.

I think the Eagles should win and secure a top two finish hopef.ully, but it's a danger game for sure. Having beaten them/played them so many times recently they might have some new tricks up their sleeve.

I'd give advantage to the Eagles based on availability and recent form.

Eagles by 15

Lsta062

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 15, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Chelsea, LA Lakers, Western United
That is how Port and Geelong beat us in rounds 5 & 6 - since then the team has responded and closed the 'we can bullied' door firmly shut. We have been playing great contested footy and it has even been a strength of ours. In fact Yeo has gone on to lead the league in tackles from there.

Our on ball mids are quite big bodied, especially Redden and Yeo with Shuey being a ball of muscle (nealesque).

As was shown against Melb in the prelim last year and against Collingwood we have no problem with contested footy - the misconception comes from the fact we often use an uncontested kick mark game to move the ball from our back half and so people assume West Coast don't do ugly.
The misconception was perpetuated by the above mentioned rounds when we were in hangover cruise control mode and we shirked physicality - luckily the wake up call happened earlier I. The season rather than later.
That’s true. West Coast aren’t easily beat physically. But that along with direct ball movement is the way Collingwood can beat them. I don’t think they can beat them any other way

PerthBoy86

Norm Smith Medallist
May 23, 2016
AFL Club
West Coast
That’s true. West Coast aren’t easily beat physically. But that along with direct ball movement is the way Collingwood can beat them. I don’t think they can beat them any other way

Our tackling has improved dramatically since round 3. Don't need to be an expert to see that. Do that and we should have no problem in that department. We actually look hungry for the contest.

nameless

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 17, 2006
Perf
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal
If sport was predictable you'd be saying West Coast by a margin based on recent form.

But so many times you see a team come out with a new desire, new passion that appeared lost.
An interstate trip and with plenty of pressure on a big club can do that, so that's the real worry that Collingwood play out of their skin and blow us away.

You've got to think that West Coast is the one team Buckley and his team put the most time into, given recent form between the two teams.
Every single angle should be covered, every contest assessed to ensure that the same result doesn't happen again.

While there are excuses for a loss given injuries to Pies, they'd be spewing if Bucks delivers the same failed (to a degree) gameplan again against WC.

For West Coast there is no excuse, in-form, full list to choose from save a couple of bottom half players, home-ground and very good recent record against the pies. I'll be tipping us, but don't expect a smashing, I think it'll be a ripping contest.

Back