Votes: 20 11.4%
  • Essendon 10+ to <30

Votes: 17 9.7%
  • Essendon 30+

Votes: 15 8.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Uh huh. My opinion has nothing to do with being a Freo supporter, mate.

Natanui is very fortunate that Merrett wasn't actually injured - could've suffered catastrophic head or neck injuries. It's a worry that Nic Nat displayed no self-control when reacting to annoying but harmless provocation.

It's a familiar story in our society. As I said, our courts, prisons and hospitals are full of tragic stories and broken lives where things just 'got a bit out of hand'.
What a ridiculous comment, typical freo sniper trying to cover jealousy up with stupid comments about society being full of tragic stories, did you think the same about Dale Kickett's reaction....

Natanui is very fortunate that Merrett wasn't actually injured - could've suffered catastrophic head or neck injuries. It's a worry that Nic Nat displayed no self-control when reacting to annoying but harmless provocation.

It's a familiar story in our society. As I said, our courts, prisons and hospitals are full of tragic stories and broken lives where things just 'got a bit out of hand'.

Another 'violent overreaction'... settle down mate, you're reinforcing my argument.

AFL is a violent game. Period.

Merrett deserves a decent fine for the hair pulling, a holiday to start the 2020 if it was intentional.

Natanui grabbing him by the throat and throwing him in to the fence? Hardly needed any staging for that to be pretty ugly. Shall we grab Natanui and ask him to do the same to you - seeing as you're such a tough guy and all - and see how you go?
I tell you what. The next time you see a 7ft 120kg giant walking down the street go up and give his hair a real good yank. Let us know how you got on so we can decide if Nicks push was over the top.

What a ridiculous comment, typical freo sniper trying to cover jealousy up with stupid comments about society being full of tragic stories, did you think the same about Dale Kickett's reaction....
Not remotely comparable. Nice Nat is a huge man who threw a much smaller bloke with as much force as he could muster into a fence. I don't think Sandi's ever done that.

I tell you what. The next time you see a 7ft 120kg giant walking down the street go up and give his hair a real good yank. Let us know how you got on so we can decide if Nicks push was over the top.

What a truly weird comment. Comparing going up to a complete stranger versus two people engaged in a full-contact sporting contest?

Natanui was quite fine with being tackled, I'm assuming the random 7ft 120kg stranger would also be fine with that?

Some truly weird justifications for Natanui going on here. Merrett deserves a fine and likely a week or two off if it's deemed a deliberate action. So does Natanui.

Explain to me also why Langford steaming into an unsuspecting NN back doesnt engage your wrath?

IMO It's about time Nic got rid of the dreadlocks then there wouldn't be a problem. Time for a change of hairstyle perhaps.
Yeah nah that's crazy talk dude. Just don't pull someone's hair pretty simple and he's not the only one sporting long or deadlocked hair so your logic is misplaced

Naitanui would be in strife if Merrett was injured. "Potential for serious injury" is certainly a valid invocation, but is only used when the AFL are out to get you.

Fine for both, play on.
I agree it had the potential to go pear shaped and in hindsight, NN wouldn't do it again. But the fact he wasn't injured means the AFL can rightly say the little sh!tbag deserved a response. Take the fence out of it and it was just a push from someone who had a right to be annoyed. Fine for both

Not remotely comparable. Nice Nat is a huge man who threw a much smaller bloke with as much force as he could muster into a fence. I don't think Sandi's ever done that.
Nah mate that looked like a half power chokeslam to me. Instantaneous reaction to a dog act and deserved too. I'd be more worried about Dylan sheil throwing a Haymaker at nicnat in the melee and luckily missing

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is it troll season or something?
seem to be a few out today on this thread.
Good game by the boy's, much better than the last outing, but will probably need to step up even more next week.
Essendon really just 2-3 very good players short. Replace a couple of the "ordinary" players with a couple of very good ones and they will be much much better.

As far as that stupid hair pulling fiasco goes, I would dare say there isn't a player in the comp, or any comp, that wouldn't react the same way or worse.
He PULLED HIS BLOODY HAIR PEOPLE, you........don't.........do........that.

It deserves a week for sure you don't slam a bloke into the fence for pulling your hair. But it's finals so a fine at best, plus it's nicnat and he plays for west coast Christian has form for being leniant with them.

It deserves a week for sure you don't slam a bloke into the fence for pulling your hair. But it's finals so a fine at best, plus it's nicnat and he plays for west coast Christian has form for being leniant with them.
Turn it up he's been the opposite of lenient with us.

Another ridiculous comment, you think that's was all the force he could muster...lol
Stop trying to create an issue, the bitterness is very obvious.

Back