HolyWars

Premiership Player
Apr 8, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal, Barcelona, Boca Juniors
A win and you would’ve probably had a double chance against a Brisbane side who haven’t played finals in a decade. Lose and you’re in elimination final. Hawks have delivered a chance of sneaking into finals.

Who had more to lose?

This was abject by the eagles. I’m probably more comfortable with it as a dogs fan because it eliminates percentage crap - win or go home. But I’d be raging if I was an eagles fan.

This.

If the Dogs win tomorrow I won't be cracking it. Naturally I hope we play finals, but if you win then you deserve it. I would be far more upset about losing the double chance.

Dec 2, 2017
AFL Club
Collingwood
A win and you would’ve probably had a double chance against a Brisbane side who haven’t played finals in a decade. Lose and you’re in elimination final. Hawks have delivered a chance of sneaking into finals.

Who had more to lose?

This was abject by the eagles. I’m probably more comfortable with it as a dogs fan because it eliminates percentage crap - win or go home. But I’d be raging if I was an eagles fan.
Nail on the head

WCfan22

WCE tragic
Apr 1, 2019
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
WWE
This.

If the Dogs win tomorrow I won't be cracking it. Naturally I hope we play finals, but if you win then you deserve it. I would be far more upset about losing the double chance.
Like your finals chances our double chance is still on the cards. Go brissy

WCfan22

WCE tragic
Apr 1, 2019
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
WWE

Who had more to lose?

Oh I've already kicked the dog and burned the house down

Americanpies

Club Legend
May 16, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Thanks Hawks. Love you guys!

Literally the best possible result, not only for the Pies, but for the greater football public.

We just need whoever finishes 8th to finish the job off in week 1, and the umpires pets, booing moronic crowd will be silenced for another 6 months.

Aug 17, 2006
AFL Club
Geelong
Pretty sure fighting for a top 4 chance > fighting for a potential top 8 spot.

I don't know about that, but it's more that I don't understand why you can't trust top four teams to just take care of business anymore. It's not just West Coast: in fact a fortnight ago I would have considered them the most trustworthy, along with Richmond.

Back in the day, a team playing in round 23 for the double chance, perhaps even an outside chance at top two, at home against a travelling mid-table opponent... maybe they get a scare, but they get the job done. They don't get beaten and certainly not like that. You just can't trust teams like you used to. I suppose the good thing about that is it makes for an interesting finals series.

WCfan22

WCE tragic
Apr 1, 2019
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
WWE

Literally the best possible result, not only for the Pies, but for the greater football public.

We just need whoever finishes 8th to finish the job off in week 1, and the umpires pets, booing moronic crowd will be silenced for another 6 months.
That still won't get last years premiership for you

WCfan22

WCE tragic
Apr 1, 2019
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
WWE
Not ideal for WCE if they finish 5th, but the top 5 are virtually identical in ability. Any of them could still win wherever they end up.

WCE could host HAW again in 2 weeks, but most likely WB. Surely couldn’t lose to ADE......
I just hope brissy can win. I can't see it but I hope it ha ha

PerthBoy86

Norm Smith Medallist
May 23, 2016
AFL Club
West Coast

Mmm those sour grapes.

Back