Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Hawks 30+

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Outcoached and outplayed almost everywhere on the ground

Well played hawks

Some very happy good natured hawkers having it large on the train tonight.

One of these days your bloody team is going to read the script.

A man with integrity. Rare to see a West Coast supporter accept defeat and congratulate the winner. Kudos to you friend.

That's what Geelong did in Round 18!
O'Brien the Spud Gun!

SPD01.jpg

If we get in, the teams I would go in with some confidence against are Collingwood, Geelong, GWS, and now WC. Richmond and Brisbane would comfortably beat us and I wouldn't be confident against Essendon as they also do well against us.

Agree with the teams we'd go in with some chance against. Richmond does seem like the biggest stumbling block for us. Think we could handle Brisbane, given in our last game we won inside 50s, clearances, marks inside 50 and contested marks, and had more scoring shots, and yet managed to lose by nearly 5 goals because we kicked 1.11 from set shots. Surely we can't be that bad in front of goals if we play them again. Can't see Essendon taking us at the MCG with their current injury woes, we've improved since our loss to them at Marvel, and they've gone backwards at a rapid rate.

Seems to be fairly academic at this stage though. Our percentage means Adelaide have effectively nothing to play for and dogs have everything to play for , dogs are also in red hot form and Adelaide the opposite. Would be a choke of massive proportions for Dogs to drop the game tomorrow, so seems 9th is most likely for us. Hard to make finals when you drop games against 3 of the bottom 5 :-(

Agree with the teams we'd go in with some chance against. Richmond does seem like the biggest stumbling block for us. Think we could handle Brisbane, given in our last game we won inside 50s, clearances, marks inside 50 and contested marks, and had more scoring shots, and yet managed to lose by nearly 5 goals because we kicked 1.11 from set shots. Surely we can't be that bad in front of goals if we play them again. Can't see Essendon taking us at the MCG with their current injury woes, we've improved since our loss to them at Marvel, and they've gone backwards at a rapid rate.

Seems to be fairly academic at this stage though. Our percentage means Adelaide have effectively nothing to play for and dogs have everything to play for , dogs are also in red hot form and Adelaide the opposite. Would be a choke of massive proportions for Dogs to drop the game tomorrow, so seems 9th is most likely for us. Hard to make finals when you drop games against 3 of the bottom 5 :-(
You’re still a chance. Stranger things have happened. If anything you’ve set yourselves up for a positive 2020.

Hawthorn were champions and deserved the win. Behind every coach are his assistants and I think there was a major IP leak from Mitchell and Glass who know West Coast intimately and assisted in the defenestration.

Mitchell and Glass knew where to squeeze and told Clarko where to drive in hard outside their area, he had the most ex-WC players/assistant coaches out of any non-Perth team to target us and they did their job to tear us apart.

On the good side if you want to bet on the eagles for the premiership it's now $6 from $4-4.5

What we can take away from this: LOTS and I'm glad that a team that wasn't in the chase for the top 4 did this to us. I'm also really glad we can use this to train and motivate us. Eagles do their best work when they aren't pegged as a favourite. Not to say we've got this but a loss now is better being found out later. Last week was unlucky, this week the coach can stick his boot in really hard and we have two weeks to get it right with Nic Nat back!

I didn’t realise Luke Bruest was so popular in WA. All i heard through the tv last night was BRRRRROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO(ST)

Hawthorn were champions and deserved the win. Behind every coach are his assistants and I think there was a major IP leak from Mitchell and Glass who know West Coast intimately and assisted in the defenestration.

Mitchell and Glass knew where to squeeze and told Clarko where to drive in hard outside their area, he had the most ex-WC players/assistant coaches out of any non-Perth team to target us and they did their job to tear us apart.

On the good side if you want to bet on the eagles for the premiership it's now $6 from $4-4.5

What we can take away from this: LOTS and I'm glad that a team that wasn't in the chase for the top 4 did this to us. I'm also really glad we can use this to train and motivate us. Eagles do their best work when they aren't pegged as a favourite. Not to say we've got this but a loss now is better being found out later. Last week was unlucky, this week the coach can stick his boot in really hard and we have two weeks to get it right with Nic Nat back!
There is plenty of Hawthorn leaked IP all over the league, in fact this round 9 out of the 18 coaches are either Clarko, or assistants or players who have served under Clarko. Including your head coach.

There is plenty of Hawthorn leaked IP all over the league, in fact this round 9 out of the 18 coaches are either Clarko, or assistants or players who have served under Clarko. Including your head coach.
I mean WestCoast key IP falling into clarko's hands thru Mitchell and Glass that no one outside of the eagles has. Richmond could only find a last minute goal for the win (we didn't learn much from that loss) You guys absolutely convincingly put us to the slaughter!

You guys did us a favour in the long run. We had leaks that were exploited by other teams but didn't justify an overhaul of out playbook. You blew great big holes through everything that we threw at you and that can't be ignored in our game plan just before the finals, it's invaluable!

Nothing quite like the master Clarko giving Simpson a final coaching lesson before the finals and out our players as mediocre at best just before the finals start.

If we go deep into the finals we will look back at this loss as an early gift from Clarko to QA our team expose our problems and give both the coach and the player a kick in the A as well as two weeks to get our ducks in a row.

This was truly a gift.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Calm down friend, just pointing out that it's a little rich for you to be melting over another team being too "dirty". For all of Hawthorn's alleged "thuggery" I don't believe you sustained any game or season ending injuries tonight. You were outplayed, end of story.
More of a kick in the butt to WC and not the Hawks. Most teams with some mongrel.ie, Hawks, Richmond, Collingwood etc have it over us and can unsettle us. Our squeaky clean image we have worked on to counter our Bad old days (read cousins kerr chick etc) has gone to far the other way. We need to harden up. Oh, and i never once said "Thuggery" that is your slant not mine.

Hawks were playing for their finals lives so really had more to lose. But we were crud to say it pleasantly
Sorry, but that is utter tripe.
Hawks were playing for an opportunity to make Finals, still requiring a significant upset (Crows def. WB).
You guys are/were right in the Premiership mix in the Top 4.

Miss Top 4, which is now likely, and you need to travel to Melb/Bris in Weeks 2,3 & 4, and that is assuming you win Week 1 at home.

It's a devastating loss to your Premiership aspirations.

I mean WestCoast key IP falling into clarko's hands thru Mitchell and Glass that no one outside of the eagles has. Richmond could only find a last minute goal for the win (we didn't learn much from that loss) You guys absolutely convincingly put us to the slaughter!

You guys did us a favour in the long run. We had leaks that were exploited by other teams but didn't justify an overhaul of out playbook. You blew great big holes through everything that we threw at you and that can't be ignored in our game plan just before the finals, it's invaluable!

Nothing quite like the master Clarko giving Simpson a final coaching lesson before the finals and out our players as mediocre at best just before the finals start.

If we go deep into the finals we will look back at this loss as an early gift from Clarko to QA our team expose our problems and give both the coach and the player a kick in the A as well as two weeks to get our ducks in a row.

This was truly a gift.
The coaching was a factor but I don’t think the difference.. the difference was our players continually messing up and gifting goals to the Hawks. When we were clean we were by far the better side and that’s all on the players, nothing Simmo can do about dropped marks, fumbles, and lack of composure.

Sorry, but that is utter tripe.
Hawks were playing for an opportunity to make Finals, still requiring a significant upset (Crows def. WB).
You guys are/were right in the Premiership mix in the Top 4.

Miss Top 4, which is now likely, and you need to travel to Melb/Bris in Weeks 2,3 & 4, and that is assuming you win Week 1 at home.

It's a devastating loss to your Premiership aspirations.

exactly

major * up last night by eagles

that was essentially a final for them last night and they needed to act like it from first bounce

Without harping on... West Coast kicked about 5 of out of their 9 goals from free kicks in front of goal... some dubious decisions like that Darling free? So really their percentage should be lower, but happy enough with the umpiring tonight to overlook these mishaps.

Every game, every game - even the gf last year and all previous. There's always decisions that are missed or immediately seem incorrect to be proven correct / incorrect later on.

I'd argue that wc did not kick those 5 on incorrect decisions, not all of them anyway.

I have massive respect for West Coast as a club. Professional, ruthless, high standards all round.

Their myopic, idiotic, boo-everything home-crowd fans...not so much.

Would like the hawks to make finals just so they lose and go 0-5 in finals since 2015.
The only side who make our recent finals record look ok.
No way hawks back that up, good win though.
Careful what you wish for.
Geelong ain't exactly in raging for against any of the top 8 in recent weeks. Your finals football recently isn't really something to write home about

Would like the hawks to make finals just so they lose and go 0-5 in finals since 2015.
The only side who make our recent finals record look ok.
No way hawks back that up, good win though.
🏆🏆🏆

Back