Game Day West Coast Eagles vs Fremantle Dockers: A very MAD derby

Remove this Banner Ad

Did I miss something or did Fremantle only name one key defender (and not a very good one at that).
I know our tall forwards are in average form, however, seems pretty risky to rely upon only one option with limited backup.

Looking at the freo team, I think their plan is to run us off our feet, springboarding off half back.

Looking at the freo team, I think their plan is to run us off our feet, springboarding off half back.
Will be pretty hard to run it out of the backline when the ball never hits the ground and every inside 50 gets clunked by one of our talls

Did I miss something or did Fremantle only name one key defender (and not a very good one at that).
I know our tall forwards are in average form, however, seems pretty risky to rely upon only one option with limited backup.
Duman is pretty tall too, although I dunno if he really plays like it. Ryan can play a bit taller, like Shep does.

The problem for them is the cupboard is bare. Every other key back is injured. Cox probably comes in underdone but they literally have no other choice.

My guess is that we'll see Lobb floating back a lot to help out. If our game last week is anything to go by, we'll kick it straight to him a decent amount.

C'mon Eagles, run your little legs off, dodge and weave those forward trolls, hit em hard and force the turnovers, take the game on and break lines, do NOT bomb forward unless our tall forwards are clunking everything, rip it up in the midfield, swamp them in defence, kick a bunch of winning goals, grab a percentage margin and generally make us all feel good on this fair Sunday!

C'mon Eagles, run your little legs off, dodge and weave those forward trolls, hit em hard and force the turnovers, take the game on and break lines, do NOT bomb forward unless our tall forwards are clunking everything, rip it up in the midfield, swamp them in defence, kick a bunch of winning goals, grab a percentage margin and generally make us all feel good on this fair Sunday!

Team notes just released on Twitter.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Team notes just released on Twitter.
Anyone expect an upset? Will Fredericks cut a swathe thru us and kick a bag? Have they plotted a secret
plan to run+gun and destroy us? Will it be a see-sawing game, down to the wire or over by half time?

Anyone expect an upset? Will Fredericks cut a swathe thru us and kick a bag? Have they plotted a secret
plan to run+gun and destroy us? Will it be a see-sawing game, down to the wire or over by half time?

I was just thinking I'd be disappointed if we won by less than 10 goals.

Does that answer your question?

I sense frustration on the horizon. Hoping I am met with a dominant Up the bloody Coasters performance, but it would be classic us to dish up an unconvincing Sunday arvo win.

Would quite enjoy Freo kicking 19 points again 😁

Interesting reading the last few pages of the media thread on the Freo board.

Interesting reading the last few pages of the media thread on the Freo board.

I remember that thing about Ballantyne. Ballantyne was last to the centre clearance and was talking to Ross, just before heading to the middle at the start of the last quarter.

Ross had obviously told Ballantyne the extent of Brayshaw's injury because he was feral at the next few contests.

Fine day forecast and lots tickets still available. I'm very surprised about this.
Is it price that's holding people back, or is the concern about Covid actually a lot more widespread than I've been assuming?
I thought for sure that Eagles fans would snap up any tickets that Dockers members hadn't claimed.
I've had some struggles to get 100% back into this season but I am pumped to get down there today.

Far from convinced we'll cruise to victory though. On paper our ceiling is clearly higher than Freo's, but overall they've played the better football since the round 2 restart, and they've got a style that could be effective if we're not on our game today.

Fine day forecast and lots tickets still available. I'm very surprised about this.
Is it price that's holding people back, or is the concern about Covid actually a lot more widespread than I've been assuming?
I thought for sure that Eagles fans would snap up any tickets that Dockers members hadn't claimed.
I've had some struggles to get 100% back into this season but I am pumped to get down there today.

Far from convinced we'll cruise to victory though. On paper our ceiling is clearly higher than Freo's, but overall they've played the better football since the round 2 restart, and they've got a style that could be effective if we're not on our game today.

The time slot is aids

Remove this Banner Ad

Back