Game Day West Coast Eagles vs Fremantle Dockers: A very MAD derby

What: Derby 51
Who: West Coast Eagles vs Fremantle Dockers
When: Sunday 19 July, 4:35pm
Where: Optus Stadium
Why: I'm glad you asked...

Once a fierce rivalry, the Western Derby has failed to live up to the hype in recent seasons. A dominant stretch of Eagles football, coinciding with Fremantle's half decade of restumping, rewiring and replumbing, has rendered the fixture little more than a free four points and a good excuse to get banned from the Dockers board. In fact, outside of a jawdropping performance by Andrew Gaff in 2018 or Fremantle's 2019 pursuit of behinds like a catholic priest at an altar boy convention, I doubt anyone could name a single derby moment throughout Adam Simpson's tenure. And yet here we are again - another derby, this time set against the backdrop of one of the most unusual seasons in AFL history, and another opportunity to get one over on little brother.

For West Coast, Sunday marks the chance to take another step towards finding their form in 2020, whilst also earning a record breaking tenth consecutive derby victory. For Fremantle? A chance to break that streak, bring meaning and validity back into their sad existences and most likely give Justin Longmuir a 15 year extension as a result of winning the flag Round 7 clash.

Derby 50.jpg

So what can we expect on Sunday?

For those of you who don't want the match spoiled, look away now. For those of you who have longed to fold the club, here is your chance.

Through an extremely advanced analytical program that factors in player talent, form, injuries, home crowd advantage, umpiring biases and likely coaching strategies, I have developed a way to reveal the results of football matches days, even weeks, in advance. The only problem is, I am unable to display these results in a clear manner. The program has a tendency to obfuscate its findings and hide them in elaborate, some would say entirely pointless, ways. However, if you are able to sift through the data, you will know with 100% certainty the result of the Western Derby.

To reveal your result, you must print, download or otherwise obtain a copy of the image below. From there, like Quinz at an office Christmas party, connect 'A' to 'B'. Fold the image, drag and drop, whatever works best for you. Once the two arrows connect, the outcome of Derby 51 will be revealed. Good luck.

west-coast-eagles-vs-fremantle-png.912314

Attachments

• West Coast Eagles vs Fremantle.png
    West Coast Eagles vs Fremantle.png
    408 KB · Views: 2,277
Last edited:

javaguice

Premiership Player
Feb 29, 2012
AFL Club
West Coast
very environmentally irresponsible thread.

hows your footprint bra?

Eastcoasteagle

Premiership Player
Oct 20, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Chelsea FC
Honestly this should be a win considering their outs. I'm a bit worried on work rate etc which had plagued us this season. Hopefully being back in Perth changes that. Eagles by 26 points.
I think they're in form and we're only slightly coming back into form. This will be a real tussle, and I'm not as confident as you on the win.
They're priding themselves on last quarter comebacks, so we're going to have to fight to the end to win this one.

javaguice

Premiership Player
Feb 29, 2012
AFL Club
West Coast
Will the answer get confused if I print in black and white?
That's very responsible of you 😉

If you're at work, the cost is 10x more if you print in colour. Roughly. So that's another consideration.

Maybe you could use the paper to cover the a - b bit. That's what I did, but I won't ruin the fun.

Anyway, I was only joking. Big win streak coming up!

Loved the OP, not sure how many on the board would have read mad magazine

Seadog

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 16, 2004
WA
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
West Perth, West Ham
That's very responsible of you 😉

If you're at work, the cost is 10x more if you print in colour. Roughly. So that's another consideration.

Maybe you could use the paper to cover the a - b bit. That's what I did, but I won't ruin the fun.

Anyway, I was only joking. Big win streak coming up!

Loved the OP, not sure how many on the board would have read mad magazine

1594728422928.png

Yeah I always worry about Derbies, I'm pessimistically confident about this one.

What: Derby 51
Who: West Coast Eagles vs Fremantle Dockers
When: Sunday 19 July, 4:35pm
Where: Optus Stadium
Why: I'm glad you asked...

Once a fierce rivalry, the Western Derby has failed to live up to the hype in recent seasons. A dominant stretch of Eagles football, coinciding with Fremantle's half decade of restumping, rewiring and replumbing, has rendered the fixture little more than a free four points and a good excuse to get banned from the Dockers board. In fact, outside of a jawdropping performance by Andrew Gaff in 2018 or Fremantle's 2019 pursuit of behinds like a catholic priest at an altar boy convention, I doubt anyone could name a single derby moment throughout Adam Simpson's tenure. And yet here we are again - another derby, this time set against the backdrop of one of the most unusual seasons in AFL history, and another opportunity to get one over on little brother.

For West Coast, Sunday marks the chance to take another step towards finding their form in 2020, whilst also earning a record breaking tenth consecutive derby victory. For Fremantle? A chance to break that streak, bring meaning and validity back into their sad existences and most likely give Justin Longmuir a 15 year extension as a result of winning the flag Round 7 clash.

So what can we expect on Sunday?

For those of you who don't want the match spoiled, look away now. For those of you who have longed to fold the club, here is your chance.

Through an extremely advanced analytical program that factors in player talent, form, injuries, home crowd advantage, umpiring biases and likely coaching strategies, I have developed a way to reveal the results of football matches days, even weeks, in advance. The only problem is, I am unable to display these results in a clear manner. The program has a tendency to obfuscate its findings and hide them in elaborate, some would say entirely pointless, ways. However, if you are able to sift through the data, you will know with 100% certainty the result of the Western Derby.

To reveal your result, you must print, download or otherwise obtain a copy of the image below. From there, like Quinz at an office Christmas party, connect 'A' to 'B'. Fold the image, drag and drop, whatever works best for you. Once the two arrows connect, the outcome of Derby 51 will be revealed. Good luck.

west-coast-eagles-vs-fremantle-png.912314

You glorious Bastard!

Gov/Barrass High-pants did trigger a little PTSD tho...

Freo fans are up and about on their board.

Darcy going to school lazy Thicc Nat.
Fyfe to play forward and have our defenders trembling.
Old man Kennedy and Darling to be destroyed.

Gonna be good to crush their budding hopes after (admittedly) a stirring come back over the 'Aints.

If we can build on the last fortnight - pressure/clearances/linkup and lower the eyes going i50 I think we should romp it in.

Eag's by 50.

Yamumluvsbigcox

Cancelled
Oct 22, 2012
AFL Club
West Coast
So fyfe likely out with the same hammy ?

Makes me think shuey should probably not come back early .

Allen vs Darcy or lobb ?

I doubt natanui will be run off his feet going by the pre season training photos of Darcy
images (1).jpeg

Astro7

Official Halftime Oranges Man
Aug 6, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Does Longmuir have all the secret intel on us - is it outdated, does it matter?
He's not a very confident sounding coach, but his team plays with mucho confidence.
If it's not a wet groundhog day, Eagles to rev up and blow out the rust!!
Any other outcome would be miserable at this stage?
Tipping all those that haven't fired up, to fire up...just because it's not improbable?

Last edited:
Back