Game Day West Coast Eagles vs Fremantle Dockers: A very MAD derby

West Coast 06

Premium Platinum
Jun 5, 2006
Home
AFL Club
West Coast
It was nice, JK kicked 4 and won the Glendinning which was awesome.
It’s stressful times and we all get on edge :)
My fav moment at the game was when Tab received the ball in the goal square and the muppet in front of me turn around to gob off about the goal. When I started laughing at him and he turned around, he had no ******* idea how a certain goal had turned to nothing! Was a priceless Derby moment that I will treasure.

Few minutes later his wife was rubbing his back and telling him it was alright and he just needed to take a deep breath!

Jun 30, 2009
Deroesfromgero
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
east perth
My fav moment at the game was when Tab received the ball in the goal square and the muppet in front of me turn around to gob off about the goal. When I started laughing at him and he turned around, he had no ******* idea how a certain goal had turned to nothing! Was a priceless Derby moment that I will treasure.

Few minutes later his wife was rubbing his back and telling him it was alright and he just needed to take a deep breath!
This needs a video reenactment in superslowmo

7 Perth News been replaying the "Tabs in the goalsquare" moment as the main derby highlight every half hour.

Glorious.
Has it superseded the Ballantyne celebration that turns to despair do we think?

Nah not quite.

However we have so many glorious memories provided by the purples, what a time to be alive.

DanWCE

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 2, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast

So good from TC!!

Good win by the boys. Few ragey moments within but it shouldn't be overlooked that Longy might have known how to exploit a few of our structures with some insider knowledge. Bit of coaches box chess happening. Liked Waterman and Allen pushing back late in quarters to protect the lead and kill off any momentum.

I think people get so hyped for derbies they forget that a tight first quarter is almost an inevitability. Dockers have all the energy and intensity from the start, completely fired up and ready to do something memorable, and then fade as they can’t sustain it. Takes a while for the coaching dominance to come to the fore.

Even last’s years 93 point shellacking was two goals to one at QT.

Aug 27, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Royals & Subi
5 goal win, I will take that. The forward line is still not functioning though. Ryan was terrible, Cripps, Ah Chhe, Cameron didn't do much.

Efficiency inside 50 isn’t what it once was. Both our transition from defence and our connection forward has fallen away a lot since 2018.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back