Game Day West Coast Eagles vs Gold Coast Suns Round 9 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mate. He's getting form for smashing blokes after the game is dead and buried. If you reckon that's admirable so be it

I think it's pissweak. Bring it when we are a chance and set the tone.
Put his body on the line the whole game, He did smash blokes after the game was dead and buried, but did it the whole game, so that sort of follows.

It seems like blokes giving it a go when we are losing badly upsets you, so maybe he should have lay down and squibbed it like almost everyone else?

Our best player by a mile, and the player that put in the most consistent effort.

On SM-X200 using BigFooty.com mobile app

I was nervous during the week thinking this was a danger game for us...dangerous in the sense that we could jag a win..thank God we didn't...next week is the real test...if we can lose to the Hawks in Tassie then we're good as last. Put NicNat on the long term injury list already.

I was nervous during the week thinking this was a danger game for us...dangerous in the sense that we could jag a win..thank God we didn't...next week is the real test...if we can lose to the Hawks in Tassie then we're good as last. Put NicNat on the long term injury list already.

The way simmo was talking they would rather wait for the older players to get back round 16-18 and give them a couple games then open up a list spot 😂

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I ripped the s**t out of Dom Sheed last week for being our "BOG" and bringing next to nothing to the table in terms of leadership

You're damn straight I'll do the same with Liam Duggan and his effort that saw him with equal 4th on ground for clangers and lay less tackles than Luke Edwards who came on as the sub and is slower than treacle.

Racking up the ball is a thing but not sure it's a metric our side should be lauded upon. I don't even want to get into how many Oppo goals he had a direct hand in through poor skills or poor decision making.

The guy is seriously being discussed as a captaincy option and, as I said earlier this week is a Brett Jones level backman. At best. At least Brett Jones wasn't forced to play outside his limitations.

He was less bad than a bunch of players today. Sheed was better than a bunch of players today. Broken arm Jack Darling was better than a bunch of players today. Does that really make anyone feel better?

I ripped the s**t out of Dom Sheed last week for being our "BOG" and bringing next to nothing to the table in terms of leadership

You're damn straight I'll do the same with Liam Duggan and his effort that saw him with equal 4th on ground for clangers and lay less tackles than Luke Edwards who came on as the sub and is slower than treacle.

Racking up the ball is a thing but not sure it's a metric our side should be lauded upon. I don't even want to get into how many Oppo goals he had a direct hand in through poor skills or poor decision making.

The guy is seriously being discussed as a captaincy option and, as I said earlier this week is a Brett Jones level backman. At best. At least Brett Jones wasn't forced to play outside his limitations.

He was less bad than a bunch of players today. Sheed was better than a bunch of players today. Broken arm Jack Darling was better than a bunch of players today. Does that really make anyone feel better?
I though Duggan was okay I was more disappointed with Barrass drop marks leading to goals

Don’t agree on Sheed - he can get a kick and he can kick it. He has been out for a year too.
He can play some blinders but as a senior player some of his efforts and inconsistent form are problematic. Just need someone to challenge for his spot which isn't going to happen anyone soon.

That was the best part about the game tonight I didn’t have several opposition w***ers screaming in my ear every time they kicked a goal. It was quite peaceful everytime the suns scored tonight😂
Bit of respite before back to back home games against Essendon and Collingwood in Rounds 11 & 12.

Their bogan flog supporters will be out in force watching their teams gorge on our carcass of a football side.

Simpson allowed Sheed to play soft by picking him constantly even when the team was decent instead of forcing some nonnegotiables from every player. No matter your name or status in the game, there should be some things that you must always do e.g. 100% effort always. If not you get dropped but Simpson has been very poor in setting standards

Simpson allowed Sheed to play soft by picking him constantly even when the team was decent instead of forcing some nonnegotiables from every player. No matter your name or status in the game, there should be some things that you must always do e.g. 100% effort always. If not you get dropped but Simpson has been very poor in setting standards
Sheed couldn't get a consistent game until 2019.
Id say that's 5 odd years of standard setting

Mate, I honestly wasn't going to respond to this but your selective stats & eye test results pedaling really annoyed me, so I decided to include some you left out from Duggan's game today:

#1 Overall for disposals, with the highest disposal efficiency of the top 5 disposal getters on the ground- with a whopping 4 clangers! Wowwweeeee. Delist.
#1 Eagle for inside 50s
#1 Overall for metres gained (but why didn't he have more tackles)!!1!
=2 Eagle for score involvements (from the half back line FFS)
#2 Eagle for intercept possessions

The above post and your reaction of him being a hardman when the game was over, then saying he should've done more when the game was on the line (which he did, yet you were shitting on him then too) is nothing short of having an axe to grind. Is he captain material - maybe not. Is he living up to a pick 13 - statistically pretty close, but on another one of your eye test then maybe not. These are fair assumptions by you, but to not be able to separate yourself from your bias for him and admit as a one off he had a very good game basically elevates you to the GoRoyals/Waterman category and I wish you nothing but the best in your new role at this exclusive club and may god have mercy on your soul.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back