Review West Coast Eagles vs Hawthorn

Which Eagles/Hawks game will we watch this week?

• 1992 Elimination Final

Votes: 3 9.7%
  • R14, 2006 - "Get Up Buddy Franklin"

Votes: 12 38.7%
  • R13, 2009 - A star is born

Votes: 3 9.7%
  • 2015 Qualifying Final

Votes: 13 41.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

2015 QF - with a ban on discussing what happened 3 weeks later.
I was lucky enough to be at the '18 Grand Final, but prior to that this was easily the best Eagles moment I'd ever been to. Rumours of Priddis being out all day, finally confirmed which was a gut punch despite the conversation around him later, weather was set to be a nightmare, Hawks seemed unstoppable for years and always had our number. A ripping game that we broke open, the siren goes, the heavens finally open after threatening to for hours. Amazing moment.

To be honest, I actually sort of don't care about the 2015 GF since winning in 18. This group (by and large) got a flag, which is ******* hard to do, and Hawks in an unearned home Grand Final has an asterisk. In the sage words of Mark LeCras, I think you campaigners know what happened. 2015 QF isn't tainted to me in the least.

I was lucky enough to be at the '18 Grand Final, but prior to that this was easily the best Eagles moment I'd ever been to. Rumours of Priddis being out all day, finally confirmed which was a gut punch despite the conversation around him later, weather was set to be a nightmare, Hawks seemed unstoppable for years and always had our number. A ripping game that we broke open, the siren goes, the heavens finally open after threatening to for hours. Amazing moment.

To be honest, I actually sort of don't care about the 2015 GF since winning in 18. This group (by and large) got a flag, which is ******* hard to do, and Hawks in an unearned home Grand Final has an asterisk. In the sage words of Mark LeCras, I think you campaigners know what happened. 2015 QF isn't tainted to me in the least.

Pretty much this that QF was the greatest game I've witnessed live. The atmosphere was incredible.

I've always put forward a suggestion and as of yet I don't think a single one has been voted up, but this week I'm feeling lively and I'm ready to break the streak.

Round 13, 2009. Nic Naitanui's home debut - what is it with us and Hawthorn in torrential rain?

2015 Grand Final.

049eb5a7ad0a6cb88eb482769f06d986.gif

The last game I attended live with my dad before he passed away, I will never forget it. Ironically we were seated near an old couple who were being negative the entire game, even almost ten goals up at three quarter time they insisted Hawthorn will come back and win, they made me look sane and reasonable. 🤣🤣

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've never watched the 2015 QF on TV, so that gets my vote. Hopefully an extended version that shows everyone hugging on the ground as the rain falls

You can see me in the crowd in one of the photos online from the 2015 Qualifying Final. Everyone celebrating a goal and there's me with my hands on my head still stressed af :$

I had all the same feelings as HoneyBadger35 going into that game. I was so worked up I didn't go back to work after lunch. Just bummed around the city trying to burn off excess energy :$

Another good game was beating them in Melbourne in 2018 for the first time since forever, when Masten surprised everyone including himself with a miracle from the boundary.

Also the "Get up, get up Buddy Franklin!" game from 2006. Beau Waters :hearteyes:

All great suggestions, but I want to see a game I've not seen in decades.

Mid-season 1992 vs the Hawks at Waverley. It was the GF re-match and Hawthorn got out to a 4 goal lead in the first quarter. We had to grind out a win that was very similar to the elimination final of the same year.

Either that or either of our wins against them in 1987 would be awesome to be able to see.

But I feel one of the recent efforts will take this one. :p

All great suggestions, but I want to see a game I've not seen in decades.

Mid-season 1992 vs the Hawks at Waverley. It was the GF re-match and Hawthorn got out to a 4 goal lead in the first quarter. We had to grind out a win that was very similar to the elimination final of the same year.

Either that or either of our wins against them in 1987 would be awesome to be able to see.

But I feel one of the recent efforts will take this one. :p
Our second meeting in 1987, at Subi, just so I can watch them run around in gold shorts.

Edit: This was the first time we ever wore the royal blue with gold wings setup. That's right, our much loved jumper was originally designed as a clash.

The game where buddy gets double teamed by waters and Fletcher after bumping cousins. He then went off injured either 06/07

Back