Game Day West Coast Eagles vs Port Adelaide: Round 6 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Why does he need to go midfield at all.
He seems much better just being a forward. He probably could stay his entire career there if that is what suits him better.

We need mids but Culley isn't that answer I don't think. I think Gibney combination with Harley Reid will be our future in the centre
Exactly, looks good fwd.

Just too many guys not AFL standard out there.
And thats just the umpires.

We have 10-12 players that could play together in the Beagles and be heros scraping in for a contested win. Our drafting pre last year has been nothing short of pathetic.
The umpiring with the new tackling and never paying HTB for no effort has reshaped the game into some weird misfit. Not basketball and not touch footy.

Another game where one sub-par quarter has really hurt us

Lost the second by 31 points and the others by 5,1 and 3 respectively

Honourable effort but unfortunately another sizeable loss

We’re getting a good look at our fringe/young players and most of them will get another crack next week to either build on what they’ve shown or show more than they have

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just too many guys not AFL standard out there.

There’s players out there that would be solid role players with better talent around them but they’re just being asked to do too much for their skill level

G
We really need to find the answers for the universally s**t second quarters. Every game this year, same story. Can be fitness cause they run out the games.

Pretty simple really and it's been an issue for years now.

Teams absorb our best hit in the first, then come out and end the game in the second knowing they only really need to draw the game after that.

We've got no answer to momentum swings and haven't since 2018.

It is what it is.

But there are some decent signs, with better quality and experience we'll make our way up the ladder. Although I think we need to be patient because the kids won't be good enough to really make a go week in and week out in probably 2 years time.

The beauty of a game like today, is it shows just how bad the list/depth is.

Understandable, given the Kelly trade, Venables, Brander, Ainsworth, Cameron disappearing, plus the lack of picks before that.

Things we often wondered and supposed when we were up and running, without really knowing for sure.

By now, over the past couple seasons you can summise XON, West, Clark, Witherden, Foley, Trew and Rotham aren't really AFL standard and not worth persevering with.

Petrucelle hasn't grasped his chances enough to save his career. SPS probably has. Edwards probably has.

Cut a bunch of that poor depth ^ plus a few more retirements, bring in some more top end draft picks and turn the list over and this will start looking fresh and we'll see some more excitement in 2024.

English as a RFA would certainly help. I'd only advocate that if Naitanui quietly retired though. No point if he's still around.

The beauty of a game like today, is it shows just how bad the list/depth is.

Understandable, given the Kelly trade, Venables, Brander, Ainsworth, Cameron disappearing, plus the lack of picks before that.

Things we often wondered and supposed when we were up and running, without really knowing for sure.

By now, over the past couple seasons you can summise XON, West, Clark, Witherden, Foley, Trew and Rotham aren't really AFL standard and not worth persevering with.

Petrucelle hasn't grasped his chances enough to save his career. SPS probably has. Edwards probably has.

Cut a bunch of that poor depth ^ plus a few more retirements, bring in some more top end draft picks and turn the list over and this will start looking fresh and we'll see some more excitement in 2024.

English as a RFA would certainly help. I'd only advocate that if Naitanui quietly retired though. No point if he's still around.

Agree with most of this but I actually haven’t minded Witherden this year. Plus, NN’s retirement is never going to be quiet

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

Back