Game Day West Coast Eagles vs Richmond Tigers Round 8 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Injuries to west coast players this year (and previous) have done Darling a huge favour

Injury list is around 17 players though.

But the bottom 1/3 is an assortment of plebs
The age group who should be taking over from the senior guys is just mostly full of mediocre players, really there's about 20 guys (including the retirees) who should probably go in the next couple of seasons. Hard to turn that much of the list over though in that short a period of time and not just end up replacing half of them with more spuds

He has done some decent things when finally played in the middle. He’s not been as bad a people make out.
Trew has been awful. He's so slow and constantly his opponents have run off him for easy possessions. Such a low production player too.

Rotham reminds me of Josh Hill

Why do I bother watching this crap every weekend?
Only you can answer that question.
Season 3 Episode 23 GIF by The Simpsons

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The age group who should be taking over from the senior guys is just mostly full of mediocre players, really there's about 20 guys (including the retirees) who should probably go in the next couple of seasons. Hard to turn that much of the list over though in that short a period of time and not just end up replacing half of them with more spuds

I think that's why we are holding onto our veterans, there's nobody to take their place.

Ok so I hope the big, red, underlined takeaway for all levels of coaching and management from this game is the following:

1. We have to address our contested midfield ability. Its absolute bottom of the table - cant clear congestion by hand, cant run through congestion by foot.

2. Team defence is absolute shithouse and needs to be first cab off the rank to be fixed. Bad oppo sides can walk the ball out of our attacking fifty far too easily, and bad oppo sides can establish multiple attacks into their own attacking 50 until they score.

Injuries are irrelevant at this stage of today's game - the side itself is not capable of being competitive for the entire length of a game. Its not like this is a side full of absolute kids - there are premiership players in here and guys who have played multiple seasons of footy. Yes we are also carting around WAFL players, but it is generally not these guys who are letting us down overall. West has been ok today for example, while Kelly cant hit handballs to players standing 5ft away.

I also dont think we are going to suddenly sail out from under this injury crisis cloud either - we'll reach the end of the year with a double-digit injury list again, and we'll go into next season with several key players under injury clouds. The club needs to stop using this as an excuse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back