Review West Coast Eagles vs St Kilda

Remove this Banner Ad

GAME DAY, BITCHES.

The Vote: With 35.6% of the vote - the classic Eagles/Saints match you have selected is Round 11, 2013 aka the Eric Mackenzie game. Close runners up were R15, 1990 (22.2%) and R21, 2007 (20%).

The Context: The Eagles began 2013 with high expectations, but limped out of the gate with four losses in their first five games. However, a reversal in form saw the club win four of its next five. Sitting in tenth position, a trip to Etihad Stadium afforded John Worsfold's group a chance to climb into the eight. Standing in their way was a desperate St Kilda side that had won just twice all season.

The Teams:
c3788b5ce415fd6a49d4faf2c7bc0cfb.jpg

The Original Thread:

The Game:

Quarter by quarter: Q1, Q2, Q3, Q4

Up the Bloody Coasters.

Last edited:
My prevailing memory from that game was working during it, and avoiding all scores/spoilers. Got the entire way through my day spoiler free, was walking to my car, and some old bloke on the street says loudly to the people he was with - 'I just can't believe it, Eric Mackenzie.'

I was so confused and annoyed trying to watch the game and thinking at any moment Ezy would get injured or do something stupid. Then, bang.

I can't believe it either, old boy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mulldogg

Premiership Player
Apr 22, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool FC
I’m watching the 98 game on Kayo...will watch this after
Yeah, Fox Footy doing it again. A 30–1-18 record in our favour against the Aints and they just happen to choose
to show a game at Subi that we lose in a close one...
🙄

Last edited:

FKASC

Reid’s Like Copium
May 28, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Yeah, Fox Footy doing it again. A 30–1-18 record in our favour against the Aints and they just happen to choose
to show a game at Subi that we lose in a close one...
🙄
Just flicked over to that one to see Phil Read drop a sitter leading to a pure silk Winmar goal.

Some of the goals players would reliably kick only 20 years ago...commentators would declare them Dusty GOATs nowadays

I remember I had just finished a stupidly long group project for TAFE where two of my team members produced absolutely nothing (basically did the whole thing) and got smashed watching this game. Ezy kicked the winner if I recall. What a game.
53ee31aea214bcbc3d1f03e77b1c9ab6.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Back