Game Day West Coast Eagles vs The Windy Hill Injectors (A.K.A the return of Brad Scott week)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've liked Bailey in 2023.

Been one of my fav players to watch. Yes he does some spud things sometimes, which is frustrating for everyone... but you can see he's angry and always puts in a proper shift when the spud midfielders around him phone it in.

He's clearly improved and can generally get on top of the middle tear rucks nowadays.

Up there with Kelly, Hunt, Allen for our best, most consistent player of the season IMO.

At the very least it's increasing his trade currency for when Naitanuis credits mean he's instantly back in the side and Williams is playing WAFL again, or when we target English.

I said as a ruckman, he's dominated ruck contests and kept draper to 9 hitouts. Triple the amount of hitouts vs his opposition rucks. It's his career best game as a ruckman and the first time he's made an oppo ruck look consistently second class at centre bounce. If our midfield was any good we'd be dominating centre clearance. Also matched him around the ground so I couldn't give a * about his disposal when the majority of it is contested under pressure.

There is a standard of disposal that is so bad that you're actually hurting your team by being out there, and 33% (as it ended up) is absolutely in that category. It was the worst on the ground by some margin and it absolutely wasn't all under pressure - it included missing a complete soda on goal and 4 kicks inside 50 from frees/marks, all horribly fluffed.

Without exaggeration, at that level of disposal it would actually be better for our team if Bailey phoned in sick or spent the game sinking piss on the bench. He's given the ball to essendon more times than he's given it to west coast.

In terms of his ruckwork, he got 29 hitouts, ie 10 more than the Draper/Bryan combo. But he had less clearances than Draper, no goals to 1 from Draper and overall the teams just broke even in the clearances, suggesting his ruckwork is as scattergun as his kicking. And crucially, with 1 more touch and 1 more clearance, and 3 more contested possession..Draper was still roughly twice as accurate by hand and foot than the spud he was playing against- what their games had in common was they both hurt west coast by foot.

And bear in mind Draper is not some sort of hardened superstar in his prime or high draft pedigree- he was off the rookie list, he's only played 14 more games than Williams and he's only a year older than him. He's his contemporary and he's a vastly vastly superior player in every respect.

Jayden Hunt getting a career high in touches, tells you all you need to know about our list. Jayden Hunt second in touches should never happen.

Fell away there in the last, lot of ordinary turnovers that the Bombers were hungrily sniffing out and leaping upon with relish (luckily they missed a few chances). Like last week we also sort of hit a wall once we put 4-5 goals on the board.

Gaff kicking efficiency watch is an exciting pitiless stat isn't it. Had a few kicks in the last there that within context weren't disasters yet didn't end up in the hands of a teammate. He reminds me of a possum, I can hear Dame Edna in my ear sometimes when the camera switches to him.

Someone this week mentioned throwing Rotham forward and we got a brief novelty look at that, don't see much future there.

I've liked Bailey in 2023.

Been one of my fav players to watch. Yes he does some spud things sometimes, which is frustrating for everyone... but you can see he's angry and always puts in a proper shift when the spud midfielders around him phone it in.

He's clearly improved and can generally get on top of the middle tear rucks nowadays.

Up there with Kelly, Hunt, Allen for our best, most consistent player of the season IMO.

At the very least it's increasing his trade currency for when Naitanuis credits mean he's instantly back in the side and Williams is playing WAFL again, or when we target English.
Yes sure he improved, but we celebrate his breakevens like a win, thats how long the standard is with him. He doesnt hit the scoreboard, terrible user of the footy, doesnt take enough marks. Doesn't do enough from your number 1 ruckman still.

When your midfield is absolutely a step above, the ruck battle doesn't really matter despite how one sided it was. Bailey absolutely schooled draper in ruck craft and he certainly didn't look happy walking off the field.
That's b%llshit mate. Williams wouldn't get a game at any other club. Maybe you didn't notice how much influence Dean Cox had on our team. He'd take a quick look just before jumping to see whether Cuz, Kerr, Judd, etc were on the move, so he wasn't hitting to space. Could hit left, right or do the soft drop over the back.

I'd take Darcy over just about every other Docker at the moment for that reason.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So every club in the comp should delist players who can't kick on both feet?

Ok champ......

I don't care what other clubs are doing.

I care about WC, and our standards have slipped since 2018 which is why our club is an absolute laughing stock.

We have a list riddled with players unable to execute basic skills that needs to be addressed.

Judging by your posting, you're no stranger to mediocrity but personally I'd like us to strive for something more.

Jayden Hunt getting a career high in touches, tells you all you need to know about our list. Jayden Hunt second in touches should never happen.

Actually the way the modern game is played it should happen more and more.

How many of those were handball receives (and of those how many when running past after a mark/free kick etc)?

We need more of it and more players doing it. Was a big reason we evened up the I50’s for the first time in a while

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

That's b%llshit mate. Williams wouldn't get a game at any other club. Maybe you didn't notice how much influence Dean Cox had on our team. He'd take a quick look just before jumping to see whether Cuz, Kerr, Judd, etc were on the move, so he wasn't hitting to space. Could hit left, right or do the soft drop over the back.

I'd take Darcy over just about every other Docker at the moment for that reason.
Why the * are we comparing a young ruckman in the worst team of the last 10/20 years (not including 1st year expansion clubs), to a hall of famer ******* dean Cox rucking in the best midfield of all ******* time??? You guys are insane, kid is 23 and had a good game and dominated a ruckman a year older who is hyped as * over in Vic at the moment. Perspective....

He's a spud and a s**t kick at goal, but in case you didn't notice everyone was missing shots tonight and outside of OA our entire team has been s**t house set shot this year.

Rothams stats don't add up.

2 kicks... 2 turnovers at 100DE% ?

I know for a fact one of his touches was when he wheeled and hit up Allen in F50 for a grab, so he definitely hit 1 target at least. Didn't realize he was this invisible.

Another whole season of him on our list gaiz. Enjoy.

We actually won the i50 count for the game.
Also was even for clearances all round.
whoever our defensive couch is needs to go though, clearly not adjusting to the new style of play teams are bringing.

Have you ever rucked? This idiot just jumps and swings an arm. Where's the connection to the mids? Haven't seen a clean tap to advantage yet.
What's his best attribute Tugga? Tap work? Physicality? Work rate? Kicking? He's a 0 on all counts. Only there as the last man standing above 198cm.
I'm not saying he's Polly Farmer but he's definitely improved.

It's just the constant negativity on here.
We got beaten by 20 goals by the bottom side last week.
We deserved to get slaughtered.

What were people's expectations going into tonight?
I was hoping to keep it under 10 goals.

We have probably 10 to 12 players that aren't up to it for whatever reason, so what can we do?

People keep whinging about the players but who can we bring in that will make a difference?

We're crap, we all know it.

But posters on here just continually unloading on the players and coach gets tiresome.

I don't care what other clubs are doing.

I care about WC, and our standards have slipped since 2018 which is why our club is an absolute laughing stock.

We have a list riddled with players unable to execute basic skills that needs to be addressed.

Judging by your posting, you're no stranger to mediocrity but personally I'd like us to strive for something more.
I agree with you that we have multiple players that aren't good enough.

We have probably 10 or 12 but saying we shouldn't pick players who can't kick on both sides is a bit silly.

We have players out there now that can't, kick, mark or handball.
Having a dozen or more out to injury is why these players a getting a game.

What do you expect us to do?

Williams is a very odd target for dummies to take potshots at.

Draper gets talked up like he's the second coming of Paul Salmon and Williams just broke even with him at the very least.

If he'd have kicked that goal he'd easily have won tonight's battle, unfortunately he's goal kicking isn't his strong suit. In fact, it's bloody awful.

Bailey at least did his job, one of the few who did.

Of all the players out there tonight... I'd be going after Gaff, Rotham, Xon, Foley, Clark, Sheed and Waterman first.

Barrass was crap. Pretty much a non entity. Kelly was meh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back