Game Day West Coast Eagles vs Western Bulldogs - Round 15

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is only half a dozen players

It is a serious issue that has been manifesting for years, all the senior players know they will not be dropped.
People need to know that there is pressure from below.

ive told this story before but here goes again

i remember watching Jason akermanis after his glory days- at the dogs, lost a yard of pace, chasing an oppo player who was heaps faster than him.

the chase started in the doggies fwd line and this kid was off like a gazelle with jason falling behind 1m every 3m they went.

but someone came in to tackle and it slowed him down a bit - he broke the tackle, had s bounce and kept running - but aker was close again - he dodged another and had another bounce .

someone else comes in and has a go at a tackle and he breaks it again, has a bounce, steadies on the half forward flank and is about to deliver it laces out to a leading forward when aker pings him - one arm pinned and gets htb.

he never quit - and seriously it was like redden chasing petrol - the kid had pace to burn - but aker was a champ and as true champs are - he never quit.

we dont have that in our team.

Would love to have that video and play it to them.

Last edited:

i remember watching Jason akermanis after his glory days- at the dogs, lost a yard of pace, chasing an oppo player who was heaps faster than him.

the chase started in the doggies fwd line and this kid was off like a gazelle with jason falling behind 1m every 3m they went.

but someone came in to tackle and it slowed him down a bit - he broke the tackle, had s bounce and kept running - but aker was close again - he dodged another and had another bounce .

someone else comes in and has a go at a tackle and he breaks it again, has a bounce, steadies on the half forward flank and is about to deliver it laces out to a leading forward when aker pings him - one arm pinned and gets htb.

he never quit - and seriously it was like redden chasing petrol - the kid had pace to burn - but aker was a champ and as true champs are - he never quit.

100%.
As I've said before, our team came back from 30 points down in a GF against CW at the MCG. That was 2018.
Now, it's a fantasy to see that type of grit from us.
(Richmond was a bit of a fluke in my opinion).

Well if your are going to play an undercooked midfield against the best your going to get toasted...

Would love to have that video and play it to them.
This is a bit of a generalisation. We have guys in the team that will chase.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back