2nds West Coast Eagles WAFL 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I look at the WAFL on the weekend and i cannot help but get frustrated with Ah Chee

He shows glimpses, and he has the tools and the talent, but he just doesnt do enough.

Spending a lot of time on the ball and collecting 18 touches, against Swan Districts no less, is hardly demanding an AFL start

The coaching staff should be making it known that he isnt getting a gig until he starts dominating a series of WAFL games, and until then, he is depth.

Can see his potential, he just isn't realising it

I look at the WAFL on the weekend and i cannot help but get frustrated with Ah Chee

He shows glimpses, and he has the tools and the talent, but he just doesnt do enough.

Spending a lot of time on the ball and collecting 18 touches, against Swan Districts no less, is hardly demanding an AFL start

The coaching staff should be making it known that he isnt getting a gig until he starts dominating a series of WAFL games, and until then, he is depth.

Can see his potential, he just isn't realising it
He is 26 this year and couldn't get in Port's team regularly either. I am just not sure he has it to be a regular AFL player. The talent at times is obvious and frustrating, as you feel he should be a really good AFL player, but whenever I see him play (which isn't much) he seems to only put in one effort (last game for the Eagles being the exception) and then gives up. I am not convinced he will make it, which is a shame, as he has the attributes. But there is only so long we will leave him on the list before making room for someone else.

xcrr98d.png

A723lJS.png

I missed the last quarter but for 3/4 Hutch was solid and gathered rather than dominated. He was part of a midfield that should have imposed themselves but didn’t hence the loss.
Yeah I was only going by the stats to be honest. I was at that ground earlier but had to leave before they started. I said hi to Nic as I walked out and saw Duggo but forgot Hutch would be there, otherwise I would have said hello and told him that Vish loves him. 😂

Is the SANFL sub par compared to the WAFL these days. A recent observation has me thinking that.

Ah Chee was a runner up in the Magery medal but has been average in the WAFL.
Brooksby was a dominant force last year for South Adelaide but has been ok for our reserves.
Partington was good okish for EP but now doing well enough for Glenlg, that he's been talked up as a draft chance.

Is the SANFL sub par compared to the WAFL these days. A recent observation has me thinking that.

SANFL beat the WAFL this year in SOO.
The WAFL has been undeated the last 6 years though in SOO (including wins over the VFL) so fair to say it's been the strongest reserve comp

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ah Chee was a runner up in the Magery medal but has been average in the WAFL.
Brooksby was a dominant force last year for South Adelaide but has been ok for our reserves.
Partington was good okish for EP but now doing well enough for Glenlg, that he's been talked up as a draft chance.
Ah Chee is the only one that hasn't been that great.

Brooksby started the year quite well. He was in discussion to replace Vardy at one point. Has faded as the year went on but that may be due to structural reasons making him play more forward.

Partington finished last year at EP winning the B&F and just missed top 10 for the sandover. He was probably good enough to be drafted last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back