2nds West Coast Eagles WAFL 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 13, 2014
Melbourne
AFL Club
West Coast
Of course Ainsworth can improve and I hope he does because in my opinion he has the tools to succeed.

Ainsworth’s kicking has been fine this year and in general his DE has been good. The thing is he hasn’t been finding as much of the ball. Whether having an interrupted pre-season because of the finger surgery has affected him I don’t know.

It was only three weeks ago that the live stream commentators and posters on here were praising his game and noted some of his kicks were excellent. I’ve noticed his non-preferred kicking has been pretty good this year too. You have a crack at me for defending Ainsworth yet I note that you have not commented on here when he has had a good game.

How many of the WAFL games have you watched this year? Last week he was very quiet in the first half but bounced back in the second half to have a noticeable influence on the Beagles comeback.

I have no issue agreeing yesterday wasn’t his best game.

How were our current core of midfielders going when they were 20?
I reckon Ainsworth still has a good shot of making it, way more than most on here apparently, but even I can't agree with you on his kicking this year.

From what I've seen, not only is his ball drop still horrible, but now he's overthinking his technique too. Granted the issues he's facing there aren't a quick fix, that's like a decade of habit to fight against. This was always going to be a development year for him.

This is speculative, but I reckon he's lined up more on the wing this year for the very reason that he'll have more space to work on his kicking. But his delivery by hand and vision in congestion are were he's going to excel if he makes it as an AFL level mid. So hopefully we see more of him at the bottom of packs next year, let him use his strength instead of working on his weakness.

Mind you I'm only watching the shitty livestreams.

bl4ke

Premiership Player
Nov 17, 2014
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Leeds United
I find it amazing how some people can play football for 10+ years, make it to the elite level and still not know how to kick properly. We shouldn't even have to be having discussions about kicking

The wily weagle

Premiership Player
Oct 16, 2014
AFL Club
West Coast
How did Brander go? Is this kid really the future or are we just hoping? All of our other kids seem to have gone past him

bunkyboy

Club Legend
Jan 16, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
I reckon Ainsworth still has a good shot of making it, way more than most on here apparently, but even I can't agree with you on his kicking this year.

From what I've seen, not only is his ball drop still horrible, but now he's overthinking his technique too. Granted the issues he's facing there aren't a quick fix, that's like a decade of habit to fight against. This was always going to be a development year for him.

This is speculative, but I reckon he's lined up more on the wing this year for the very reason that he'll have more space to work on his kicking. But his delivery by hand and vision in congestion are were he's going to excel if he makes it as an AFL level mid. So hopefully we see more of him at the bottom of packs next year, let him use his strength instead of working on his weakness.

Mind you I'm only watching the s**tty livestreams.

Cheers for that. I think you are right about him playing on the wing more.

FKASC

Reid’s Like Copium
May 28, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
No one was going to come out in the press and openly say he needed to leave Perth due to his off field influences. One consequence of that will be some would label it as racist given Stack’s heritage, it is that type of world we now live in.
People have actually said publicly that Stack needed to leave Perth though.

What we haven’t heard or read is Stack saying he wanted to leave Perth.

Just like we haven’t heard or read Worpel saying he didn’t want to leave Victoria.

9NBRu6c.png

gy9K9IM.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back