2nds West Coast Eagles WAFL 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 23, 2007
continental shelf
AFL Club
West Coast
was happy to go down on Thursday night and watch East perth win.Some things never change.The last couple of years of the alignment east perth had one of the weakest midfields .The fact that they won the game even though the beagles ruckman easily won the hitouts is alarming.Maybe the penny will drop this year and they will make their priority to draft/trade a decent midfielder.
I think Tim Kelly is the obvious one

chaddy22

Club Legend
Mar 26, 2012
perth
AFL Club
West Coast
What were the conditions like for the Thursday night Beagles game?
Had to laugh when I read on west coasts site that the game was played in trying conditions.Yes It was cold but hardly a breeze.Conditions were ok for footy.West coast won the tap outs but got outworked in the midfield.Also had more inside fifties and still lost.East perth are not a skillful side but played a better brand of football and had no problems with the conditions .If some of the beagles want to play afl they will have to get used to playing some night games. and different conditions.It will be a good experience for them.

Last edited:

Seadog

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 16, 2004
WA
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
West Perth, West Ham
was happy to go down on Thursday night and watch East perth win.Some things never change.The last couple of years of the alignment east perth had one of the weakest midfields .The fact that they won the game even though the beagles ruckman easily won the hitouts is alarming.Maybe the penny will drop this year and they will make their priority to draft/trade a decent midfielder.
Hopefully if we draft a decent midfielder he won't play much with the Beagles.

avishka5

150 game legend.
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Zombie Lover
Sep 1, 2014
Perth SOR
AFL Club
West Coast
Anyone know what was being said to Ugle at Claremont oval? It's not racist apparently.

Sad thing is that these morons can't be banned as they were on private property.

avishka5

150 game legend.
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Zombie Lover
Sep 1, 2014
Perth SOR
AFL Club
West Coast
General goading around his short term AFL career apparently. Fairly relentless and, obviously, got to him.
Hmm. Interesting. I would have thought many ex AFL players would get that treatment by fans and players.

Im not sure the WAFL can really do anything about that, even if they were at the ground.

Wild Kelly

Club Legend
Mar 23, 2019
AFL Club
West Coast
Hmm. Interesting. I would have thought many ex AFL players would get that treatment by fans and players.

Im not sure the WAFL can really do anything about that, even if they were at the ground.
Yeah, over the years I have heard some players cop heaps week in week out without making a big deal about it. I guess he's lucky he's not playing in the World Cup 50/50 series for Australia. Now that will be interesting!

Oct 8, 2007
WESTERN AUSTRALIA
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
FLO-RIDA , PITBULL ,SEAN PAUL
Had to laugh when I read on west coasts site that the game was played in trying conditions.Yes It was cold but hardly a breeze.Conditions were ok for footy.West coast won the tap outs but got outworked in the midfield.Also had more inside fifties and still lost.East perth are not a skillful side but played a better brand of football and had no problems with the conditions .If some of the beagles want to play afl they will have to get used to playing some night games. and different conditions.It will be a good experience for them.

2 or 3 degrees temperatures does count as trying conditions in my book ..

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

chaddy22

Club Legend
Mar 26, 2012
perth
AFL Club
West Coast
2 or 3 degrees temperatures does count as trying conditions in my book ..

lol east Perth's best game in trying conditons.If they can't handle those benign cold conditions they won't make it.I have watched wafl games when it's been muddy,terrential rain and hail.That is trying conditions.Should watch the last quarter of the 1978 wafl grand final that's trying conditions.

bunkyboy

Club Legend
Jan 16, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
I watched the replay of the Thursday night game. Thought Ah Chee was pretty good. Seems to be leaner which has given him a bit more speed. Flashed in and out but took some good marks and showed real dash a couple of times.

Best game I’ve seen in a while from Ainsworth. Solid first half giving them plenty of drive with some eye-catching clearances. Beagles forward line was very congested so his kicks under pressure went to contests mostly. Had a real good third quarter must have had close to 10 touches. He did hit some nice kicks which hit targets but as mentioned before here needs to polish up those little chip passes. Is clever in traffic, got put through the wringer by McGinnity which seemed to fire him up and play better. Hopefully we can see him put together a solid bank of work.

Really like the look of Edwards - shame about the injury. M Allen was prominent but I’m not convinced. Rotham was quiet but efficient. Brooksby was pretty good.

Last edited:
Oct 8, 2007
WESTERN AUSTRALIA
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
FLO-RIDA , PITBULL ,SEAN PAUL
lol east Perth's best game in trying conditons.If they can't handle those benign cold conditions they won't make it.I have watched wafl games when it's been muddy,terrential rain and hail.That is trying conditions.Should watch the last quarter of the 1978 wafl grand final that's trying conditions.

It’s a development year for the WAFL Eagles so I expect to see some up and down performances and a Thursday night game in those conditions is probably a one off game ..

surfstitch

Senior List
Nov 25, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
Agree about the conditions and found it interesting that about 4 of the EP players were wearing long sleeves. They know the conditions training there at night, so thought that would have been a good idea for the Beagles.

Around half of the Beagles (11) either had 1 or zero tackles. Small forwards, Cameron and Robilliard had 5 tackles each which was the highest for the team.

However playing a better brand of footy for a less skilled side might have been the key? In your opinion what was the difference between when EP got pansted by Peel 125 - 48 the week before (who the Beagles have comprehensively beaten) and them beating the Beagles last Thursday?

Mar 21, 2017
Perf
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal, Scorchers, Scuderia Ferrari
Agree about the conditions and found it interesting that about 4 of the EP players were wearing long sleeves. They know the conditions training there at night, so thought that would have been a good idea for the Beagles.

Around half of the Beagles (11) either had 1 or zero tackles. Small forwards, Cameron and Robilliard had 5 tackles each which was the highest for the team.

However playing a better brand of footy for a less skilled side might have been the key? In your opinion what was the difference between when EP got pansted by Peel 125 - 48 the week before (who the Beagles have comprehensively beaten) and them beating the Beagles last Thursday?

Our League side doesn’t even get long sleeve jumpers made anymore so I doubt the WAFL side gets them either.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

surfstitch

Senior List
Nov 25, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
Team selection. Would expect Archie and Cameron to be back in, but might be a record for number of ammos this week?

1558615845411.png

Team selection. Would expect Archie and Cameron to be back in, but might be a record for number of ammos this week?

View attachment 679185

Smith should come in as well which would mean 13 eagles players - 5 of which are in their first year on an afl list (Riach, Williams, O’Neill, Foley, Cameron) plus brander and Ainsworth who are in their 2nd year

It’s not a strong side by any stretch

surfstitch

Senior List
Nov 25, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
Smith should come in as well which would mean 13 eagles players - 5 of which are in their first year on an afl list (Riach, Williams, O’Neill, Foley, Cameron) plus brander and Ainsworth who are in their 2nd year

It’s not a strong side by any stretch
Interesting with Smith. Was in team last week but not named this week, not in outs or emergency list for AFL.

Is he injured and to be added to the 11 or so on injury list?

So 7 first or second year 18 or 19 year olds and 9 ammos? Can Nic Nat throw on the boots for half a game?

chaddy22

Club Legend
Mar 26, 2012
perth
AFL Club
West Coast

When the eagles beat peel the listed afl player count was 17 eagles to 12 peel dockers.Also had more experienced players who had played at afl level.
when East Perth played Peel they had 14 players who were on the dockers list.The mix was very different from when they played the Eagles.In came Connor Blakely,Stefan Giro,Griffin Logue plus one of Peels better players in Blair Bell.One thing is certain watching East Perth over the last few years and how the crows have performed at sanfl level is that when injuries come a aligned side will do better then a stand alone team.I expect Peel to go close to making the top five as the Peel have decent local product playing reserves that can step up.The more injuries the eagles have creates problems as they have to rely on ammos and the several guys who were playing colts or tac last year are very inexperienced.If Foley and Oneil were playing at Subiaco they would be playing reserves as they are not yet up to wafl standard.I expect the Beagles form will be very patchy unless they get some players back from injury.Would not be surprised if swan districts beat them.

Last edited:
Sep 28, 2009
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Reading FC
Interesting with Smith. Was in team last week but not named this week, not in outs or emergency list for AFL.

Is he injured and to be added to the 11 or so on injury list?

So 7 first or second year 18 or 19 year olds and 9 ammos? Can Nic Nat throw on the boots for half a game?
He is listed as emergency for AFL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back