2nds West Coast Eagles WAFL 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I’ve been really impressed by Edwards. I wasn’t meaning to be critical of him. Despite Shaw kicking six goals I didn’t think he played badly.
I didn't think you're being critical but do you think he might have benefited by someone else going back to help. I liked the suggestion about trying Brander back and thought they may have started in different positions yesterday as they dominated possession early.

However maybe Webster is following instructions and unable to change players around, unless injuries occur. What do you think?

Yeah I’ve been really impressed by Edwards. I wasn’t meaning to be critical of him. Despite Shaw kicking six goals I didn’t think he played badly.

I, like most here, have only seen Edwards play this year but I'm already strangely confident he is destined to play AFL.

Looks like a great rookie pick at the very least.

Yeah, chances are he won't make it, but he has enough to work with.

Worrying - Ainsworth, O'Neil and Foley

Meant to be our future midfield..

We need some A grade midfield talent.

The talls are there but really need to focus on getting higher in the draft or trading in some young guns.
O’Neil and Foley are 19 and were not high draft picks. You can’t expect too much at this stage particularly in a new team filled with players new to WAFL as well as other young kids. It will take until at least June/ July before they even begin to find their feet. Similar thing with Edwards and Williams at 18 and 19 respectively. Edwards has been thrown to the lions playing full back at that age and with his build....doing ok though from what I can see and never chucks it in

So the State game WA v SA is on Sunday 12 noon at Optus Stadium , is this just a double header for the Docker / Richmond game or can you buy seperate tickets ??

Edit - will be on TV

Last edited:
O’Neil and Foley are 19 and were not high draft picks. You can’t expect too much at this stage particularly in a new team filled with players new to WAFL as well as other young kids. It will take until at least June/ July before they even begin to find their feet. Similar thing with Edwards and Williams at 18 and 19 respectively. Edwards has been thrown to the lions playing full back at that age and with his build....doing ok though from what I can see and never chucks it in

O’Neil didn’t do a full preseason either was injured most of the time ..

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I have been trying to watch or listen to most games so far this year. The stream on the clubs Facebook page worked a treat on Saturday, hats off to the club for arranging, again please!
That said I reckon waterman deserves another shot asap. I rekn nelson rotham ah chee could easily slot straight back into the ones if required. Allen is also building. I'm also loving fmacs footy, probably not popular on here, hes a chance to have another opportunity at some point.

I have been trying to watch or listen to most games so far this year. The stream on the clubs Facebook page worked a treat on Saturday, hats off to the club for arranging, again please!
That said I reckon waterman deserves another shot asap. I rekn nelson rotham ah chee could easily slot straight back into the ones if required. Allen is also building. I'm also loving fmacs footy, probably not popular on here, hes a chance to have another opportunity at some point.
I’m in Queensland so was keen to see it but couldn’t find it. Where did you have to go to get it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can watch on Wce YouTube site too ...

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Ah chee has attributes to make a gun AFL player but im not sure whats holding him back. Is it his footy smarts or desire?

I'd love to see him post a couple more performance like that and work his way into the side.
So ah chee needs to put more good performances in the twos while venables can keep putting stinkers in the big league.

To be fair he hasnt taken the opportunities presented to him

I thought Ah Chee showed some good flashes last year, for not much opportunity in the middle. His game against Port was pretty solid all around from recollection. Hard to dominate as the 6th choice off a flank, in an excellent forward line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back