2nds West Coast Eagles WAFL 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
How Marsden finished with 30 touches is absolutely beyond me. Watching at the ground, he did absolutely * all. I was disappointed in his leadership.

Other observations from watching from the front row live:

-The absolute abuse the payers spit at each other. Brander lost it at Nelson, Ah Chee roasted Gray. Everyone abused the pathetic umpires, myself included.

- I'd give Nelson another year, he's good depth and rarely plays a "bad" game.

- Rotham was solid. Happy with how he's progressing, wish he rebounded more.

- Brander was silky and I liked the way he takes his opponents tackle on. But i cry very time i see him playing up field and taking zero contested marks. Big lad now.

- Speaking of, Bailey competed well. His leap isn't enough of a weapon yet but i hope the club teaches him how to use it more. Not enough marks for my liking.

- O'neill was pretty invisible. 7 touches is shocking. Not liking the early signs.

- Allen was poor

- Foley was average. Not really noticeable.

- Gray was s**t. Anyone who thinks the pseudo tough guy should be on our list needs to watch him play. Tough grunt who's not AFL quality, never has been.

- Mutimer was poor.

- Cameron i really liked. For a 70kg kid he tackles really well and isn't afraid to get his hands dirty. Couple of cheap high tackle free kicks. Oppo didn't like him.

- Keegan is a likeable bloke but he's a dinosaur. Didn't offer much at ground level, it was cringe him playing FF at times.

- Ah Chee was pissed. Tough day at the office for him. Not his best game and was burnt by his spud teammates a few times.

- Fisher was a gun and typically sexy. Get him on our list. Very good 1 on 1 player.

Why Brander wasn't playing out of the FF is beyond me. Plunk him forward and leave him there as a target so we don't have to use Brooksby FFS.

Says a lot about your midfield depth when Marsden was the only one of our players to get 19+ disposals coming off a hamstring injury.

Why Jye Bolton isn't on a list is beyond me. he was hands down better than all our mids.

Eastland is a big dopey campaigner who the umpire continued to gift free kicks to in the ruck.

Aug 14, 2011
Trafalgar
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Mclaren Mercedes F1
Could see a large cut of our reserves.

Mutimer, Mallen, Ah Chee, Brayshaw, Nelson, Smith would all be considered for delisting. Who knows where Masten is at.

Exxon and Foley are young and saved by contracts.

Brander, Williams, Brooksby and Cameron look decent.

Didn't M.Allen travel last weekend .. ?

Jul 26, 2007
Darwin
AFL Club
West Coast
Brander should have been shackled immediately in the forward 50, and told to develop his strength and add size to his frame as soon as we drafted him.

Instead he's a Scott Pendlebury, Scott Lucas, Scott Thompson, Scott Waters, Scott Gumbleton hybrid.

He's added minimal size and played almost as far away from the goal square as possible every other week.

Add in the fact his only exposure at AFL level has been a roaming wing role and a heavy loss followed by a routine dropping the next game. Marvelous.

Use our top pick drafting JK's heir apparent rather than a midfielder... and then seemingly proceed to de-KPF him.

Why couldn't he have done exactly what Allen is doing right now? Playing tall forward alongside JK and Darling, learning the ropes and cementing his spot in the team.

Nah bruh. Let's turn him into a wingman.

Frustrating.

How can we play and develop Brander and Allen in the same role and same side without injuries?

Also have Waterman earning his spot.

I'll be ok with it if Brander in his early years spends a bit of time playing up the ground, Pavlich did. And Richardson almost won a Browlow playing wing.

If he has the skills and aptitude to be a quality mid as well as a good tall so we wont die wondering!

LittleGreekGod

Club Legend
Dec 24, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
How can we play and develop Brander and Allen in the same role and same side without injuries?

Also have Waterman earning his spot.

I'll be ok with it if Brander in his early years spends a bit of time playing up the ground, Pavlich did. And Richardson almost won a Browlow playing wing.

If he has the skills and aptitude to be a quality mid as well as a good tall so we wont die wondering!
Dont forget Jonathan Brown

LittleGreekGod

Club Legend
Dec 24, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Who are you putting in the same sentence as J.Brown?
Talls who played through the midfield early in their careers
The only drawback with Brown was he got too angry playing at the coal face and regularly belted someone resulting in a number of suspensions
Still an amazing player.

Mulldogg

Premiership Player
Apr 22, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool FC
Anyone watching the Freo derby? How’s the point post at the end East Freo are kicking to this quarter? Totally on the piss. Talk about amateur hour when they can’t even get the goal posts plumb

bl4ke

Premiership Player
Nov 17, 2014
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Leeds United
How Marsden finished with 30 touches is absolutely beyond me. Watching at the ground, he did absolutely **** all. I was disappointed in his leadership.

Other observations from watching from the front row live:

-The absolute abuse the payers spit at each other. Brander lost it at Nelson, Ah Chee roasted Gray. Everyone abused the pathetic umpires, myself included.

- I'd give Nelson another year, he's good depth and rarely plays a "bad" game.

- Rotham was solid. Happy with how he's progressing, wish he rebounded more.

- Brander was silky and I liked the way he takes his opponents tackle on. But i cry very time i see him playing up field and taking zero contested marks. Big lad now.

- Speaking of, Bailey competed well. His leap isn't enough of a weapon yet but i hope the club teaches him how to use it more. Not enough marks for my liking.

- O'neill was pretty invisible. 7 touches is shocking. Not liking the early signs.

- Allen was poor

- Foley was average. Not really noticeable.

- Gray was ****. Anyone who thinks the pseudo tough guy should be on our list needs to watch him play. Tough grunt who's not AFL quality, never has been.

- Mutimer was poor.

- Cameron i really liked. For a 70kg kid he tackles really well and isn't afraid to get his hands dirty. Couple of cheap high tackle free kicks. Oppo didn't like him.

- Keegan is a likeable bloke but he's a dinosaur. Didn't offer much at ground level, it was cringe him playing FF at times.

- Ah Chee was pissed. Tough day at the office for him. Not his best game and was burnt by his spud teammates a few times.

- Fisher was a gun and typically sexy. Get him on our list. Very good 1 on 1 player.

Why Brander wasn't playing out of the FF is beyond me. Plunk him forward and leave him there as a target so we don't have to use Brooksby FFS.

Says a lot about your midfield depth when Marsden was the only one of our players to get 19+ disposals coming off a hamstring injury.

Why Jye Bolton isn't on a list is beyond me. he was hands down better than all our mids.

Eastland is a big dopey campaigner who the umpire continued to gift free kicks to in the ruck.
Is Fisher still worth a list spot at 28?

Is Fisher still worth a list spot at 28?

Probably not, considering he's only 184cm so he'd be depth for someone like Duggan, Jetta and Cole.

Plays taller than he is at WAFL level though. Age doesn't work in his favour unfortunately.

Still think he's been of of the Beagles best this year.

Probably not, considering he's only 184cm so he'd be depth for someone like Duggan, Jetta and Cole.

Plays taller than he is at WAFL level though. Age doesn't work in his favour unfortunately.

Plenty of talent lurking in the ammos and WAFL. Amazing to think Fish was running around in B grade. Looks right at home at WAFL level.

bl4ke

Premiership Player
Nov 17, 2014
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Leeds United

Yep I've loved the look of him. Was disappointed to learn his age. Hidden gem for all these years

Jan 19, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
I heard some of the recruiters think he is too Fig Jam. It hasn't hurt GWS having big egos in a team!

You could make a case that it has.

A constant revolving door of top end talent. They have had arguably the best list with the most depth for sometime now, yet haven’t won a flag or even made a Grand Final.

There are other factors at play, but they obviously don’t have this

C7B6E22D-91EE-40A1-85C3-C5D6F035B5A5.jpeg

The wily weagle

Premiership Player
Oct 16, 2014
AFL Club
West Coast
Out of nothing more then curiosity, does anyone know what Mastens disposal efficiency was on the weekend?

Sep 12, 2013
10 min from Optus
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Lakers Claremont
I do not have the stats but noted that a significant number of his disposals ended up in a turnover. Whether it was his or the next disposal, same outcome.

I watched the game and took interest to see if he could do more but he didn't. And it wasn't as if he was coming out of heavy traffic when he was kicking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back