Status
Not open for further replies.

Truckosaurus

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 19, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Cole's young, he's allowed an off season. Vardy? I dunno, maybe he's just struggled for motivation after winning the flag. After missing with Geelong due to injury, it would have been burning pretty strongly in him.

Aug 27, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Royals & Subi
Cole has struggled at AFL level this year. If you can’t see that you are blind.

lol. He really hasn’t and if you don’t know why then you’re not very football savvy. He’s fallen out of the because our team defence hasn’t been as effective as last year. Cole was caught covering arse too often with no help. Nelson is better at locking down and that’s why he’s in the team.

Cole is a better footballer in 2019 than 2018 and will be better again in 2020.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bunkyboy

Club Legend
Jan 16, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
Brayshaw and Ah Chee have had good games. Although as I type this Brayshaw gives away a goal. Rotham and Cole have been good, Watson and Mutimer solid. Vardy and Brooksby have been good up forward taken some nice marks and kicked truly. Ainsworth and Allen in the midfield have been quiet. Bit of a strange game to watch because Beagles generally dominant but dysfunctional at times and haven’t kicked straight.

bunkyboy

Club Legend
Jan 16, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
lol. He really hasn’t and if you don’t know why then you’re not very football savvy. He’s fallen out of the because our team defence hasn’t been as effective as last year. Cole was caught covering arse too often with no help. Nelson is better at locking down and that’s why he’s in the team.

Have to disagree with this. There is a reason Cole has been dropped twice this year and it would be strong evidence he is not in the same form he was in 2018. Having said that the last couple of Beagles games I’ve watched he’s been in the best three or four.

Ishmael_

Premiership Player
Apr 30, 2013
Six Thousand
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
South Fremantle
If we somehow go back to back it will be incredible given how awful our midfield depth is. Wonder how many premiership sides have had no mids in their reserves who’d crack a game elsewhere

Which is why Kelly is an absolute no-brainer. It's the one area that needs to be shored up while we're contending.

Masten when not playing seniors is arguably our best depth midfielder, that's troubling.

Tugga27

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 19, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast

You can make up all of the reasons you want, but there is no way Cole has been better this
year than last.

If Nelson is better at locking down an opponent, it stands to reason he should've
played last year.

He's not playing because he's out of form.

FKASC

Reid’s Like Copium
May 28, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Cole has obvious class and talent - lots to work with. Just needs tightening up in some areas. Would like to see him moved into the midfield if he can bulk up a bit.

Rotham is going to be a very good player also. Hopefully he doesn’t get tempted by another club offering more game time.

BlueandGoldforever

Cancelled
Apr 10, 2008
Sydney
AFL Club
West Coast

I do know a lot about football. He has been caught out of position on numerous occasions, and beaten by his opponents, hence why he has been dropped at least twice.

Hopefully, it is just a bad year, but you never know.

Rotham best out there by a mile and next best was Cole.

That Bailey Williams sure looks like he has some talent.

Ah Chee is such a tease.... does some wonderful things, but he drifts in and out of games and really doesn't do enough.

Our shots at goal.... the accuracy was deplorable and absolutely s**t today , had Perth been a better team then the inaccuracy may well have cost us the game.

FFD :anguished: so depressing and alarming :rotatinglight:, our midfield depth is a real worry.

A summary of the mids performance today. ( Warning its not pretty reading ).
Brady Grey looking the most consistent of our mids, Brayshaw looks better each game whereas Ainsworth looks to be getting worse, by God Ainsworth looked slow today as well. ( Still pisses me off :rage: that we took him ahead of both Worpel & Constable )

Sadly, I think M Allen will be delisted at seasons end with out having even notched up 1 game.

kerrazy

Premiership Player
Apr 26, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast

So according to you, Cole is better this season then last? Take you're blinkers off, he has had a stinker of a season. If he is better this year, then why has he been dropped? Because Nelson is good at locking down? Can't cole lock down? Isn't Cole a defender? He certainly isnt the rack it up type of flanker.

bunkyboy

Club Legend
Jan 16, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast

Ah Chee is such a tease.... does some wonderful things, but he drifts in and out of games and really doesn't do enough.

Our shots at goal.... the accuracy was deplorable and absolutely s**t today , had Perth been a better team then the inaccuracy may well have cost us the game.

FFD :anguished: so depressing and alarming :rotatinglight:, our midfield depth is a real worry.

Brady Grey looking the most consistent of our mids, Brayshaw looks better each game whereas Ainsworth looks to be getting worse, by God Ainsworth looked slow today as well. ( Still pisses me off :rage: that we took him ahead of both Worpel & Constable )

Sadly, I think M Allen will be delisted at seasons end with out having even notched up 1 game.

Is that mids summary supposed to be a link? Cos it doesn’t work.

bunkyboy

Club Legend
Jan 16, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast

Did you watch last weeks game?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back