2nds West Coast Eagles WAFL 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
The win over Perth keeps the beagles alive for an unlikely finals berth. Need to beat East Perth and East Fremantle in their last two games whilst hoping that at least one of Peel or East Perth knock over Perth

bunkyboy

Club Legend
Jan 16, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
S

Sorry, I don’t!
Sounds like we just got it wrong.

You win some you lose some I guess.
[/QUOTE]

So you are saying that “the word is that Worpel doesn’t want to leave Victoria” from the main draft board was just made up by someone? Why?

Tugga27

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 19, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Sounds like we just got it wrong.

You win some you lose some I guess.

So you are saying that “the word is that Worpel doesn’t want to leave Victoria” from the main draft board was just made up by someone? Why?
[/QUOTE]
Because those boards have heaps of wrong information.

You're posting it like it's gospel and yet there is nothing to say that
It's true.

Just look at the Kelly draft board.
People saying he's purchased a house in Geelong, others saying he's
Definitely coming to WC.

I can't see a guy who went at pick 43 saying he didn't want to leave Victoria.

bunkyboy

Club Legend
Jan 16, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
FWIW on Worpel:

Let me think on that... it may take some time...

While I ruminate on that this except may be of use...

"The knock on Worpel is his decision-making, something he is acutely aware of. His 43.6 per cent kicking efficiency provides an immediate talking point among AFL recruiters.
"It's not technique-based, so it's probably more of a decision-making thing; realising whether to handball or kick it," he said.
"There were patches in the (under-18) carnival that I kicked pretty well, then there were TAC Cup games where I absolutely butchered it.
"It is very frustrating, because if you fix a few little things, you can be a heaps better player."
Priddis (50 per cent) had the lowest kicking efficiency this year among the players above, from Ebert (54.3), Viney (55), Crouch (57), Sloane (62.7) and Oliver (69.5).
Oliver, Crouch, Priddis and Viney overwhelmingly handball more than they kick, whereas almost 70 per cent of Worpel's possessions in 2017 were by foot, so a recalibration may be in order."

bunkyboy

Club Legend
Jan 16, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast

It's true.

Definitely coming to WC.

[/QUOTE]

There’s nothing to say it isn’t true.

Tugga27

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 19, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast

It's true.

Definitely coming to WC.

There’s nothing to say it isn’t true.
[/QUOTE]
You're saying it is true and there's nothing to say it is.

Let's agree to disagree.

Sep 12, 2013
10 min from Optus
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Lakers Claremont
Good points put forward there. Agree, I don't think Ainsworth will make it. His kicking has improved, but it lacks penetration, and his kicks are slow - he needs lessons from Jetta. He is also too slow across the ground. The cupboard is a little bare. Nelson could be channeled to the midfield without too much bother, but I don't know who else could make the shift inside.
Improved - really!!!

Ainsworth had surgery on his finger over the summer to address his substandard kicking. He still drops it sideways and does the bend around prior to the contact and this is a fundamental that is being found out at WAFL and will be a laughing stock at AFL. I was hoping for improvement and this has not been forthcoming.

It is at this point I regret Rawlings absence as I see Ainsworth being promoted to the chief list clogger status.

avishka5

150 game legend.
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Zombie Lover
Sep 1, 2014
Perth SOR
AFL Club
West Coast
When Ainsworth was drafted I remember people raving on his contested abilities. I know that he’s got a great tank but he should have been turned into a pure inside mid with his glaring weakness. Instead he’s looking like an outside ish mid and has looked like he has barely any time in the gym.

The only way I see him making it is as tagger now.

bunkyboy

Club Legend
Jan 16, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
When Ainsworth was drafted I remember people raving on his contested abilities. I know that he’s got a great tank but he should have been turned into a pure inside mid with his glaring weakness. Instead he’s looking like an outside ish mid and has looked like he has barely any time in the gym.

The only way I see him making it is as tagger now.
Maybe you can lobby West Coast to swap Ainsworth for Partington.

bunkyboy

Club Legend
Jan 16, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
I said it’s likely.
Based on something you read on the trade forum:rolleyes:
[/QUOTE]

Actually it was something someone else read there. Worpel said in a post draft interview that only two clubs had been super interested in him pre-draft. And they weren’t Hawthorn.

BTW, he is a gun player!

Cheers

Last edited:

Tugga27

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 19, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Based on something you read on the trade forum:rolleyes:

Actually it was something someone else read there. Worpel said in a post draft interview that only two clubs had spoken to him pre-draft. And they weren’t Hawthorn.

Cheers
[/QUOTE]
Still haven't seen anything to say he didn't want to leave Victoria.

bunkyboy

Club Legend
Jan 16, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
Actually it was something someone else read there. Worpel said in a post draft interview that only two clubs had spoken to him pre-draft. And they weren’t Hawthorn.

Cheers
Still haven't seen anything to say he didn't want to leave Victoria.
[/QUOTE]

OK, goodo. Just adding to the discussion.

Improved - really!!!

Ainsworth had surgery on his finger over the summer to address his substandard kicking. He still drops it sideways and does the bend around prior to the contact and this is a fundamental that is being found out at WAFL and will be a laughing stock at AFL. I was hoping for improvement and this has not been forthcoming.

It is at this point I regret Rawlings absence as I see Ainsworth being promoted to the chief list clogger status.

Should be noted though that Ainsworth had his contract extended through to 2020 whilst Rawlings was at the club

I still haven't heard anyone say he needed to get out of Perth.

Still reckon we missed one there.

No one was going to come out in the press and openly say he needed to leave Perth due to his off field influences. One consequence of that will be some would label it as racist given Stack’s heritage, it is that type of world we now live in.

Last edited:

The Gov

McLovin' it
Jun 16, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Worpel is an out and out gun, there's question marks on a few areas as you'll always get with a mid drafted in the 40s but is elite in the contest and already a good player at AFL level. Not sure Ainsworth has any elite attributes (even as a clearance player which was his thing in u18s).

We've had a ridiculously good run with midfield injuries this year and our depth in there is shallow as is - only have 5-6 players I'd really back in a centre bounce and one of them is a forward pocket (Willie).

Have gone best available the last few drafts regardless of position (eg picking brander then Oallen when both slid) and it's worked out but this year need to draft mids. Don't care if there's a good tall forward who's available, no point them just sitting in the WAFL behind a queue for years while our list is in premiership contention. Mids, mids, mids, then a pure ruckman with a later pick, have enough ruck/fwds, just a regular ol' ruck plz.

Would still love for us to go hard at Kelly as well, would add to our side massively and mean Yeo and Shuey don't have to spend entire games in the guts like they have been.

Swarhily

All Australian
Aug 4, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
76ers
Which is why Kelly is an absolute no-brainer. It's the one area that needs to be shored up while we're contending.

Masten when not playing seniors is arguably our best depth midfielder, that's troubling.

How is it troubling when our best depth midfielder is a 200+ game premiership player? Our midfield depth is dire but maybe frame the point a bit differently next time lol

Brolga

Grumpy Old Git
Nov 20, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Swan Districts
Great day at Lathlain Park watching The OWLS then an entertaining WAFL game.
Kudos to Liam Ryan and Willie Rioli who turned up with their families and didn’t turn away lots of star struck kids.

West World

Team Captain
May 18, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
I see Vardy has just kicked a goal. I have no idea as to why his form this year has dropped off a cliff. Tom Cole has struggled too.

I would like to compare Vardy's weight this year v last. He looks bigger as if he put on more in the gym in the off season. Was it a plan due to rucking more?

If so it hasnt worked.

Needs to shred this offseason IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back