2nds West Coast Eagles WAFL 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would have also done what you suggested. Thing is tho that would have given you a space to draft Kelly for nothing and we would have still had Ryan albeit as a rookie. Seriously misjudged Banfield though. Terrible disposer of the ball
I did say I probably would have picked up a bunch of crabs :tearsofjoy:.
Obviously someone with a bit more knowledge (like Monocle for example) would make better picks, I don't watch enough of the lower leagues or U18's.
Point is we're not even trying most of the time, we just move someone who's not very good from the main list to the rookie list or take another team's rubbish instead of backing ourselves to take a few risks. I genuinely think it would lead to a stronger list.

Old Tommy Cole must be going pretty good at the moment, I didn’t even notice he wasn’t playing!

On a positive note it was good to see big Vards finding a bit of touch at last, even if it was just some good ruck knocks

Go fu** yourself Claremont.

s**t club song. Spud supporters. Hardisty is fat.

Thoroughly enjoyed that result Dark Sharks. :clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping:;)

Awesome song.
Awesome Supporters.
And yes Hardisty is fat.

Beagles only have themselves to blame bad kicking is bad football.

The Beagles side is a serial offender of poor goal face accuracy...... almost cost them the game last week and now cost them today.

Many games during the season were plagued with poor goal conversion, its a worry that the skill level hasn't been improved.

That said Jye Bolton ripped the Beagles midfield a new a-hole ........ just as he has done every game that Claremont played against East Perth when they were aligned........... yet the clearance king of the WAFL cant even get a rookie list spot at the Club because the recruiters think he is to FIGJAM........... ironically thats the same FIGJAM that makes the Eagles second tier depth midfielder look like second rate muppets .

We took a total spud like Burrows last year and passed on a two time Sandover Medalist who is a contested ball clearance bull in the WAFL ............ go figure :shrug: ..... Burrows has been delisted and Bolton may well be on his way to a third Sandover ........... sometimes when talent is right under our noses......... our recruiters just cant see the forrest for the trees.

Last edited:
Ah Chee is just 1 standard deviation off being an AFL footballer, such a shame.

I think part of his problem is he gets into the side and then gets injured. Rinse and repeat. He's not had a sustained period of playing at the top level because of that.

Thoroughly enjoyed that result Dark Sharks. :clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping:;)

Awesome song.
Awesome Supporters.
And yes Hardisty is fat.

The Beagles side is serial offender of poor goal face accuracy...... almost cost them the game last week and now cost them today.

Many games during the season were plagued with poor goal conversion, its a worry that the skill level hasn't been improved.

That said Jye Bolton ripped the Beagles midfield a new a-hole ........ just as he has done every game that Claremont played against East Perth when they were aligned........... yet the clearance king of the WAFL cant even get a rookie list spot at the Club because the recruiters think he is to FIGJAM........... ironically thats the same FIGJAM that makes the Eagles second tier depth midfielder look second rate.

We took a total spud like Burrows last year and passed on a two time Sandover Medalist who is a contested ball clearance bull in the WAFL ............ go figure :shrug: ..... Burrows has been delisted and Bolton may well be on his way to a third Sandover ........... sometimes when talent is right under our noses......... our recruiters just cant see the forrest for the trees.

It's not only WCE who passed him over. It's every other AFL club including Fremantle, who also have him under their noses. Why would that be? Is the guy a complete campaigner?

It's not only WCE who passed him over. It's every other AFL club including Fremantle, who also have him under their noses. Why would that be? Is the guy a complete campaigner?

He has fitted in very well at Claremont cant say I have heard that he is a campaigner, strong ego thats true, but thats what drives a lot of gun sports people on to success ...... and I don't give a fat rats arse that other team passed on him also......... just as other teams passed many times on Jeremy McGovern ........ ????

Their loss is our our gain McGovern has been a steal where we got him.

Many passed on

Priddis.
Tim Kelly.
Marlion Pickett.

Oh and don't forget one of the biggest FIJAM 's ever Sam Mitchell was overlooked at several drafts.

Must all be campaigners. :shrug: ...... but pretty handy footballers.

He has fitted in very well at Claremont cant say I have heard that he is a campaigner, strong ego thats true, but thats what drives a lot of gun sports people on to success ...... and I don't give a fat rats arse that other team passed on him also......... just as other teams passed many times on Jeremy McGovern ........ ????

Many passed on

Priddis.
Tim Kelly.
Marlion Pickett.

Oh and don't forget one of the biggest FIJAM 's ever Sam Mitchell was overlooked at several drafts.

Clearly we need to use the rookie draft to pick a bunch of campaigners.
I'm on board.

Awesome song.
Awesome Supporters.
And yes Hardisty is fat.

The Beagles side is a serial offender of poor goal face accuracy...... almost cost them the game last week and now cost them today.

That said Jye Bolton ripped the Beagles midfield a new a-hole ........ just as he has done every game that Claremont played against East Perth when they were aligned........... yet the clearance king of the WAFL cant even get a rookie list spot at the Club because the recruiters think he is to FIGJAM........... ironically thats the same FIGJAM that makes the Eagles second tier depth midfielder look like second rate muppets .

Tigers only won by goal at there home ground and WCE had more scoring shots so no Bolton isn’t the answer..

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Many passed on

Priddis.
Tim Kelly.
Marlion Pickett.

McGovern was still drafted at 19 as was Mitchell. Priddis was drafted at 21 and Kelly at 23. The only one that's comparable is Pickett who was in jail for 2.5 years from age 17/18. It's odd that someone is 27 and has been passed up by all AFL clubs all those drafts. There has to be some reason for that.

Awesome song.
Awesome Supporters.
And yes Hardisty is fat.

Didn't the Beagles win the i50s and scoring shots? Hardly the midfield being torn a new one.

Game was lost in the forward line not the mid.

The kids in the mid held up fine.

Didnt mind our defense. Good to see Duggan finally wake from whatever slumber he was in and get thrown on ball in the last quarter.

Mids dropped their bundle a bit with the ball movement going forward..

But forwards were the worst for mine. Particularly the talls and ruckman.

Fraser's marks were all great but they were simply too far out from goal to be useful. Brooksby, Vardy and to a lesser extent Bailey were fairly bleh this game.

Once again beaten by Eastland.

Deserving win for Claremont while Beagles got to play another 2 weeks meaning they have been a useful team build. As Nesbitt said, Beagles need to be competitive but not too competitive. It is all about depth and development and not WAFL flags.

We have been lucky this year with a fit first choice AFL midfield. The midfield depth at the club looks poor as evidenced against Claremont. Only real positives for me were Hamish and Skinny X and both are a long way off challenging for selection. Brayshaw has improved a load this year but if we get Kelly, his opportunity will be to be better than Jye Bolton in 2020 and still unlikely to get games with the seniors. Skinny X looks like a possible future winger. He again showed the football iq and skills so we need some patience but with a big preseason and development, he might be an option on the outside.

I wrote last year that Eastland could be a rookie option as I could see KPP potential in him. Edwards looks ok but Rotham is really best suited as a 3rd tall, even at WAFL level.

Williams again looks a good pick. Given the position he plays, glad he has extended his contract as it will probably be 2021 before he is ready for senior duties.

Deserving win for Claremont while Beagles got to play another 2 weeks meaning they have been a useful team build. As Nesbitt said, Beagles need to be competitive but not too competitive. It is all about depth and development and not WAFL flags.

We have been lucky this year with a fit first choice AFL midfield. The midfield depth at the club looks poor as evidenced against Claremont. Only real positives for me were Hamish and Skinny X and both are a long way off challenging for selection. Brayshaw has improved a load this year but if we get Kelly, his opportunity will be to be better than Jye Bolton in 2020 and still unlikely to get games with the seniors. Skinny X looks like a possible future winger. He again showed the football iq and skills so we need some patience but with a big preseason and development, he might be an option on the outside.

I wrote last year that Eastland could be a rookie option as I could see KPP potential in him. Edwards looks ok but Rotham is really best suited as a 3rd tall, even at WAFL level.

Williams again looks a good pick. Given the position he plays, glad he has extended his contract as it will probably be 2021 before he is ready for senior duties.
Disagree on Williams. After a solid pre-season I can see him getting some early senior games next year to gauge his progress.

Bailey Williams could be an absolute gun. I really hope he gets a good run at it injury wise and has the discipline to do the hard work required.

Looks like his floor is Lance Whitnall level to me (maybe it's the ginger hair). Will be a premier big man if he gets to a better physical condition than old Lance managed.

Williams was close to a debut mid year so i doubt 2021 will be when we see him. He didn't have the best game on the weekend but his second half of the year was very good and i dare say if he has a good pre-season he could debut round 1. He had a nic nat style leap and started the year in the forward line where he was able to kick a decent amount of goals.

How long did Williams extend for.?

Been away.

How long did Williams extend for.?

Been away.
2 years

Exciting young tall Bailey Williams has put pen to paper on a two-year contract extension, ensuring he will remain an Eagle until the end of the 2022 season.

Recruited with pick No.35 in the 2018 NAB AFL Draft, Williams has spent season 2019 honing his craft with the WAFL Eagles.

The Dandenong Stingrays products started the year stationed up forward but has been developing his ruck skills during the second half of the season.

He had a breakout game in round four, booting three goals to help West Coast clinch a thrilling two-point win over a then unbeaten Claremont outfit, and was a strong performer in the club’s round 14 triumph over West Perth, winning 30 hitouts in addition to kicking a goal.

The 19-year-old said he was “rapt” to extend his stay with the Eagles.

“I’ve loved my time at the club so far,” Williams said.

“I’ve absolutely loved playing at the WAFL Eagles. We’ve been playing some pretty good footy and I’m privileged to work with a lot of experienced guys like Drew Petrie, Nic Naitanui and my development coach Chance Bateman.

“There’s a wealth of knowledge around the club and I’ve really been soaking it in.”

General manager of football Craig Vozzo said West Coast was delighted to secure Williams’ services for two more years.

“We have been really pleased with the way Bailey has transitioned into the club,” Vozzo said.

“He has been working hard on his game and shown considerable improvement throughout the season.

“We feel Bailey has a lot of growth ahead of him and we look forward to working with him to help him achieve his goals.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back